Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Charr would suit you more. They actively dislike religion and the idea of gods.

It's simple..your god has betrayed you, he wasn't there when you need him and now you ignore him. You count only on your strength and serve no god!You can even hate gods..although I know what atheist means..you cannot hate or ignore something it doesn't exist in your believes.But it is the closer you can do to fit in your lore
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-24 at 06:30 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Now I feel even more compelled to get GW.....
    Kormir ascends at the very end of the Nightfall campaign - and it's a real bitch to get to. GW1 plays NOTHING like GW2, so you'd probably be better off just watching it on youtube.

Same question as before, though. Anyone actually play the orphan story as a human? Was it any good?
    Last edited by vicious796; 2012-08-24 at 06:36 PM.

You can denounce the gods if you like, but to say the gods of Tyra don't exist would be like saying God exists in the real world.

Deleted
    Sure why not, even if they are meant to be real in this world you can still play a character that doubt they are and explain away any indications of their existance.
    Last edited by mmoc7104c19b7e; 2012-08-24 at 06:38 PM.

There's no reason your character HAS to worship the Gods. There are humans who believe the Gods have abandoned them (semi-true, since they all departed Tyria long ago). There are even those who worship other beings (AKA the White Mantle worshiping the Mursaat).

There's also the other races too, of course. The charr tend to deny the worship of any sort of deity whatsoever, the norn worship the Spirits of the Wold, and the asura are all about the ideology of the Eternal Alchemy, where even the human Gods and the Spirits of the Wild are just cogs in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Something tells me the human Gods will reappear about the time its time to defeat Zhaitan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic90 View Post
    Hi, I am new to GW lore.

I like the human race in most fantasy games I play, but from the videos I saw on youtube, humans have a heavy religious focus in the GW world (which I don't really like); Logan talks about faith in the destiny edge's intro to races, and humans' racial abilities are all related to human deities.

So is it possible/natural to role-play an atheist human in GW?
    I had similar feelings, gods don't exist in RL so playing games where gods are real in that lore is kinda funny because right when dragons show up and Charr/Asura completely out pace humanity in technology and Arcane knowledge they "disappear" right when gods are actually needed. I would like to RP as a Human that hates the gods and seeks to kill them for their betrayal of Humanity however the Human characters seem to be with Logan on this one.

I think they left town because its the end for Humanity, off to abduct and wipe the memories of another race and start again.
    Last edited by LastValheru; 2012-09-04 at 01:01 PM.

I am not a GW lore expert but pretty sure it is possible. Actually anything should be possible. It is a fantasy world after all.
    They know how to milk the cow.

When you create a human you HAVE to choose one of the 6 Gods. If you really want to be picky just choose Kormir, because technically she is a human that stole the powers of a God.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    When you create a human you HAVE to choose one of the 6 Gods. If you really want to be picky just choose Kormir, because technically she is a human that stole the powers of a God.
    Thats who I chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Technically, you choose a god that it's said you're blessed by. That really isn't the same thing as "choosing" a god.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Biography#Human

Everyone said I was blessed by _____ when I was young.

Just because all the religious folk are saying religious things to you, doesn't mean you're religious. Yes, the full description of each choice claims "I am a follower of X" and whatnot, but that doesn't show up in the "My Story" tab, and you're fully free to interpret how your character approaches his view on religion.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-05 at 05:21 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic90 View Post
    Hi, I am new to GW lore.

I like the human race in most fantasy games I play, but from the videos I saw on youtube, humans have a heavy religious focus in the GW world (which I don't really like); Logan talks about faith in the destiny edge's intro to races, and humans' racial abilities are all related to human deities.

So is it possible/natural to role-play an atheist human in GW?
    Don't think of them as god just think of them as "Q" from star trek. The real gods is really Arena net cause when they hit off switch tyria along with all its gods is no more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    Same question as before, though. Anyone actually play the orphan story as a human? Was it any good?
    You mean the "I never met my parents" story? I played it and it was pretty cool. Some of Thackery's(sp?) dialogue in dealing with the White Mantle was pretty funny. It still leaves you wondering who the heck brought you to Divinity's Reach, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    The human I will be RPing does not deny the existence of the gods, he just doesn't "worship and obey" them like would be expected. Gods are like the dragons: Sure they're there, we know they're there, we don't really know what they're up to or when they'll be back, I'm just gonna go about my business and not worry about it. They simply aren't important to him.
    I like this viewpoint. If I was to RP my human, this is how I would go about it.