Newegg Pre-order: Registration Key?

I'm sorry if this violates any rules or is not allowed, but I am unsure (so lock if it does).

Anyway, I'm asking for my friend and because I cannot find the answer. Has anyone pre-ordered GW2 from Newegg (possibly when they had a discount)? If so, did you receive any kind of registration key in order to download the client? I was under the impression all pre-orders (unless it's APPROVED retailer pre-orders only) would get a registration key from their retailer.

Any information regarding this specific case would be helpful!
    Thanks.

Pew pew.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know other retailers did. My friend got it off amazon. He said he got it emailed to him. I got my copy from gw2 main page though and they gave me the key as soon as it was done processing and had it entered in already in the enter key section of registering an account. You could always call up newegg and ask what gives.

Deleted
    If he ordered the physical copy then the registration key will most likely be in the box cover. Newegg is also only selling pre-orders which should reach buyers by 27/08/2012 [one day headstart]. But just remember that the headstart access is NCsoft's business, so any other retailer has no responsibility to honor or commit to getting you access to the headstart, and Newegg has the release at 28/08/2012, so if they are ignorant or uninformed enough to not be aware of the headstart access then the 28th may be the date they aim to ship for.

I'd personally cancel the preorder and get into the official site right away to be sure
    Last edited by mmoce84939a4e2; 2012-08-24 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-order, or pre-purchase? O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Pre-order, or pre-purchase? O_o
    Pre-order. I personally pre-purchased so this is just info for him. Thanks y'all!

I pre-ordered from Newegg also, but am not expecting to get a code. Newegg is not on the list of approved retailers, so do not think can get a beta or headstart key out of it. I am just hoping it will be mailed today so can arrive by release and getting my prefered names, but meh cannot argue about 25% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalis View Post
    I pre-ordered from Newegg also, but am not expecting to get a code. Newegg is not on the list of approved retailers, so do not think can get a beta or headstart key out of it. I am just hoping it will be mailed today so can arrive by release and getting my prefered names, but meh cannot argue about 25% off.
    There was never a list (that I saw) of approved retailers where a headstart access (be it 1 or 3 days) was listed. All they list on their FAQ is:
    Quote Originally Posted by GW2 FAQ
    "Where can I pre-purchase or pre-order the game?
    A list of countries and participating retailers is located here. We will continue to add to this list, so check back often."
    It could just not have been updated..

They state:
    Quote Originally Posted by GW2 FAQ
    A Guild Wars 2 Pre-Order is a commitment to purchase Guild Wars 2 through an authorized retailer.
    Authorized retailer is just anyone they allow to sell the game, IIRC. As it's still a few days until the 27th, maybe they'll send an e-mail soon. Here's hoping (for you and my friend)!
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-24 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    There was never a list (that I saw) of approved retailers where a headstart access (be it 1 or 3 days) was listed. All they list on their FAQ is:

It could just not have been updated..

They state:

Authorized retailer is just anyone they allow to sell the game, IIRC. As it's still a few days until the 27th, maybe they'll send an e-mail soon. Here's hoping (for you and my friend)!
    There has always been a list of approved retailers.

Here: https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    There has always been a list of approved retailers.

Here: https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers
    Approved and authorized is making me think they just didn't update the list. How would any site be selling it if it wasn't distributed and therefore approved? I don't know if there is a different between approved/authorized...and I don't know how distribution works, but I just assume any major store/online site selling the game was approved by ANet to sell it...am I wrong? In which case, there should be a key incoming to those who did pre-order?

The difference is if they got keys distributed to them or not, approved can do pre-purchases and has head start/BWE keys for people. Not approved, like Newegg, do not. I had just contacted Newegg today to make certain, and they do not have any. Also asked when the order would be shipped out and they said it does not become an actual order til the release day and thus would be sent then. Of course it is not unheard of to receive pre-orders early no matter what they say. Can hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard this before where Newegg gets the games, but not the codes for presales. Guess that's part of the price for the discount eh?
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger