Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So basically we'll still have nothing to do until Mists other than updating addons, re-aranging skills and swapping mounts.

Gief scenario, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Winners and paladins in every expansion.
    Paladins are quite nice in MOP. Except maybe ret, but meh, screw that spec
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Can't wait =D

Changes in weapons

So do I understand correctly that the ranged slot is gone on the character sheet? And if so, does that mean you have to make a choice between, for example, a wand and a dagger or a bow and a polearm?

As an earlier commenter asked, I hope that Hunters get some expertise on their already equipped gear so we aren't screwed prior to raiding in Mists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAgGal View Post
    So do I understand correctly that the ranged slot is gone on the character sheet? And if so, does that mean you have to make a choice between, for example, a wand and a dagger or a bow and a polearm?
    Basically, though no hunter worth their salt will wear a melee weapon instead of their ranged weapon (unless they're just struttin' around Orgrimmar or RPing), and the wand example is interesting, because all wands are now main hand weapons with an appropriate stat boost so they're on par with other caster weapons. You can even still pew pew with them by auto-attacking!

Quote Originally Posted by mortey View Post
    As an earlier commenter asked, I hope that Hunters get some expertise on their already equipped gear so we aren't screwed prior to raiding in Mists
    You can always reforge :P

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbaluk1 View Post
    The paladins seem to get the short end here. Auras were kinda cool.
    I never understood the fun part about Auras.

"The ranged/relic/thrown item slot has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot, and ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful."

Ok.. I get it for bows/guns, and relics/totems/tomes are gone, but wands are not AND they should be equipped in the main hand? Are they now powerful enough (stat wise) to replace staves/maces/spellblades ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    Basically, though no hunter worth their salt will wear a melee weapon instead of their ranged weapon (unless they're just struttin' around Orgrimmar or RPing), and the wand example is interesting, because all wands are now main hand weapons with an appropriate stat boost so they're on par with other caster weapons. You can even still pew pew with them by auto-attacking!
    So, is RP the only reason any hunter would ever consider equipping a melee weapon? I mean, I guess I can see the charm in it, but why even bother? Why not just make it so that hunters can only use ranged weapons (and no melee at all), especially if they're removing (as far as I know) Raptor Strike and Wing Clip?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 134735 View Post
    So, is RP the only reason any hunter would ever consider equipping a melee weapon? I mean, I guess I can see the charm in it, but why even bother? Why not just make it so that hunters can only use ranged weapons (and no melee at all), especially if they're removing (as far as I know) Raptor Strike and Wing Clip?
    The same reason Rogues/Warriors can still equip ranged. Some people got weapons they're proud of, maybe a Legendary, maybe a purple that looks nice. For nostalgia, they want to equip it sometimes. If you could equip it and let people see it, you still can.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Deleted
    where is the promised account wide HK count ?! =(

Honestly, it's so pathetic how Blizzard is trying to get people's attention away from tomorrow's GW2 launch by posting a recap of changes even though the patch is not tomorrow (as opposed to their usual practic of posting it the night before the patch). They're so desperate, it's not even funny.

great expertise. My hunter is in DS gear and pretty much nothing she is wearing has any expertise on it, and I already reforged some of it for hit.. thats just great.

Quote Originally Posted by SolTheDruid View Post
    Honestly, it's so pathetic how Blizzard is trying to get people's attention away from tomorrow's GW2 launch by posting a recap of changes even though the patch is not tomorrow (as opposed to their usual practic of posting it the night before the patch). They're so desperate, it's not even funny.
    honestly .. shut up with this nonsense .

Most of the changes posted on this site aren't official blizz reports, this one is. I'm sorry that you fed into the GW2 hype, but look at the upside, at least there is no sub fees.

It's almost as if GW2 was a competing service that would directly affect Blizzards bottom line! How dare they attempt to retain subs from what's obviously going to be a big contender in their marketplace! It's called good business sense. It's why Torchlight 2 pushed back its release date when they found out Diablo 3 was going to release on the same day.

Deleted
    And what about LFR? Will the new looting system apply to DS or start with MoP raids?

The BattleTag system is a little late out for what it's supposed to do :P Already shared my RealID with all kinds of strangers

I think you are confusing desperation with smart marketing.