Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thumbs down The Battle of Theramore 5.0.4 = disappointment

From WoW blog community:

The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) are coming with 5.0.4, but they won’t be enabled until a few weeks before the Mists of Pandaria expansion release. Keep an eye on the front page of this blog for more info.
    -Not available at the beginning of Patch 5.0.4
    -It's just a scenario ? Not a world event ?

I expected better. There is really a joke. Where a you imagination Blizzard ?
    Last edited by Pulp5850; 2012-08-24 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    What the hell are you qqing about ?

You do know scenarios were never available from as soon as the pre-expansion patch hit? It's always been like this :

Pre-patch on live with Talents/class changes
    FOLLOWED BY (about 2 weeks after)
    Pre-patch on live that fixes some bugs + ENABLES the pre-expansion event.

What the...what? WHAT?

No, it's not one of the scenarios that are coming with MoP. It's a pre-expansion thing.

And of course it's not available immediately, we still got a month, most of the pre-expansion stuff takes place about 2 or 3 weeks prior to release, doesn't it?
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    You do know scenarios were never available from as soon as the pre-expansion patch hit?
    I know, i know. I think it's a shame lack of imagination on the part of Blizzard.

Edit: I'm afraid it is just a scenario like group finder...
    Last edited by Pulp5850; 2012-08-24 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    They said months ago that it would only be two weeks before the expansion. So nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    What the...what? WHAT?

No, it's not one of the scenarios that are coming with MoP. It's a pre-expansion thing.
    aaaaaand you're quite wrong. It's a scenerio from MoP that's being released early as the pre expansion thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    aaaaaand you're quite wrong. It's a scenerio from MoP that's being released early as the pre expansion thing.
    Hrm...well, that is pretty dang weird. I thought scenarios would be like, y'know, things that could happen any day. The battle at Theramore seems like it would've been a one-time pre-expansion deal. Weird.

Why do you think that this will be the only part of the pre-launch event?

I mean they kept it secret for so long just to say it'll be nothing more than a scenario? I doubt it...
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-08-24 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    The theramore assault is the pre-invasion event ye, didn't mean to confuse ppl with that. (ofc I know the scenarios are mop only ).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    -It's just a scenario from MoP...

I expected better. There is really a joke

Last edited by cacahuete; Today at 02:24 AM.
    Yes as stated the pre launch event happens 2 or so week before MoP comes out, just like the elemental invasion did for cata and the scourge invasion was for WoTLK.

Have you ever seen a pre launch event? Then you should know what happens, but by the sounds of your post you have not seen one before.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-08-24 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    From WoW blog community:

-It's just a scenario from MoP...

I expected better. There is really a joke
    patch 5.0.4 is "a few weeks" before Mists of Pandaria.

Wrath did this, so did Cata.
    The Scourge invasions didnt take place on day one. The first week was the new systems, followed by the zombie invasion turning all the heroes of BC into mindless minions of the Scourge, then came the city assaults and special bosses inside instances.
    Same with Cata. Cata systems, earthquakes, more and more then finally full scale elemental invasions and instance bosses then the Shattering.

Deleted
    Hrm...well, that is pretty dang weird. I thought scenarios would be like, y'know, things that could happen any day. The battle at Theramore seems like it would've been a one-time pre-expansion deal. Weird.
    The lvl 85 Theramore scenarios are an one-timer, after the xpac, the plan is to make them lvl 90.

Deleted
    This "world event" is both a world event and not a world event. It won't be "going away"
    Kinda tells me it will just be a scenario..

You're complaining about something that hasn't come out yet and you haven't even tested yet. boggles my mind.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The lvl 85 Theramore scenarios are an one-timer, after the xpac, the plan is to make them lvl 90.
    Hrm. Not really sure how I feel about that. I'm not one of those people who whine when other people get to do the same content I do, but...I dunno, having the pre-expansion events be a one-time deal felt kinda cool. I'm not bitter about missing out on BC's. It just felt like more of a special event.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. Not really sure how I feel about that. I'm not one of those people who whine when other people get to do the same content I do, but...I dunno, having the pre-expansion events be a one-time deal felt kinda cool. I'm not bitter about missing out on BC's. It just felt like more of a special event.
    Unless they change something when you turn 90, which I highly doubt they will do be pretty silly really. I think you will find that these will be just a one time thing just like the others were before it.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-08-24 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    The rewards and feat of strenght are only pre-expansion.

Funny how threads are already being started like this about stuff that NO ONE has even actually seen yet... how can something be a disappointment when you haven't even experienced it yet? Like saying you hate a birthday gift something got you while you stare at the fully wrapped package... dumb.

Actually, it is MORE then they have done for any other pre-launch event.. we had random mob spawners, 1 extra mini-boss in Kara (if i remember right), a debuff that turned people into zombies for a few mins... and some troll/gnome quests. I think having 2 different scenarios that you will even be able t continue into mists will be great. Not only is it going to be a big turning point in the story but you will get to do it over and over if you so wish.

Not to even mention whatever it is that Chen will be doing around towns,.. we really don't have any good info or details about what else will be going on during these next few weeks either, i am sure it is not JUST this scenario, as that is simply not Blizzard style. .
    Last edited by Croz730; 2012-08-24 at 05:13 PM.

The same thing happened to me last year. I resubbed in October and had to wait a month before the pre-cata stuff happened. Luckily it gave me lots of time to level my Shammy to 80 and get him a bit of gear from heroic dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Why do you think that this will be the only part of the pre-launch event?

I mean they kept it secret for so long just to say it'll be nothing more than a scenario? I doubt it...
    This so much, I hardly believe that their pre expac opener is going to be one of the Scenarios they've prepped for MoP. Plus there's already been mentions of internal testing on the pre xpac event anyway, and rumours going around that it was staying internal till release.