Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Yes but AFTER a few weeks. As I recall it started off with the Cho'gall/Twilight Cultist event (refugees outside Org/SW, capturing cultists) and then went into the elemental invasion, and THEN came the Elemental Ambassadors (bosses). In fact it might have been a week or so before the Twilight thing; I vaguely recall there wasn't any event but like earthquakes or something that was hinting at something building up.
    The earthquakes started even before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ibkc66 View Post
    The earthquakes started even before the patch.
    Maybe that was it then, and when the patch hit it was the twilight guys. I remember you got disguised as them and there was this big RP with Cho'gall.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are releasing it a few weeks before.
    Hoping you play around with talents for a week or two on your 2 point 7 five million alts. That'll take a while.
    Then when you're done, hey look! Fall of Theramore Scenario popped up.
    Plus they have some other Super MMO coming out on tuesday too. Don't want to give off everything. It's marketing.
    See you get other mmo, People are like, OMG OMG WOW HAS FOTheramore, GTG

Now you're back on wow.

Made by Ariyana!

While the Fall of Theramore is probably the centerpiece for the world event, it's quite possible that the event as a whole will be much larger.

I do know that some of Jaina Proudmoore's spoken dialogue references events that take place well after the Fall of Theramore, such as her becoming leader of the Kirin Tor. At the very least I could see a broader questline covering more events.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    From WoW blog community:

-Not available at the beginning of Patch 5.0.4
    -It's just a scenario from MoP...

I expected better. There is really a joke
    1) Theramore was to be available 2 weeks before launch...Blizzard said this...several times
    2) Cata even lasted longer with actual elemental invasion MUCH MUCH closer to launch before the 1st past of few daily quests...here is an idea...go outside for two weeks come back for theramore and Mists 2 weeks after.
    3) the only thing that is a joke is your 5-year-old expectations of "i want it now"...I expected better

The Theramore event is a stand-alone event

It is not a major, life-changing event and ALL the pre-mop quests can be done in a short evening. Casuals rule wow and they stated clearly that huge/time consuming/intrusive pre-launch events were not wanted.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't theramore in the world actually leveled? So it makes no sense why theramore's event isn't launched with the patch and doable on day 1. Unless Blizz intends to phase Theramore so people under 85 can still enjoy the quests and look of old theramore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    I know, i know. I think it's a shame lack of imagination on the part of Blizzard.

Edit: I'm afraid it is just a scenario like group finder...
    Do you even play WoW, seriously?

It's a pre-launch event..

Quote Originally Posted by formerblizzemployee View Post
    The Theramore event is a stand-alone event

It is not a major, life-changing event and ALL the pre-mop quests can be done in a short evening. Casuals rule wow and they stated clearly that huge/time consuming/intrusive pre-launch events were not wanted.
    boy i know i can rest easy now knowing that formerblizzemployee has finally set the record straight on what the pre-xpac event is. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    The theramore assault is the pre-invasion event ye, didn't mean to confuse ppl with that. (ofc I know the scenarios are mop only ).
    I think what the Op is trying to say is that he believes the Battle of therefore will be little more than an event you can access via LFD.
    Dunno maybe he thought that you would actually get a mage port to theramore and see the event happening uninstanced

I dont care.

Gives me time to actually enjoy the book before doing the event ingame (As I will want to do it for the FoS that will probably come with it >.<)

Gotta love how the only truly new content we're getting with 5.0.4, we still won't get with 5.0.4.

They really should have put Pet Battles in this patch.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2 = disappointment

Boring leveling, big zerging group pvp, p2w, OP classes, shitty explorable dungeons...

See wat I did thar!

Start whining after you seen the event fully, not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't theramore in the world actually leveled? So it makes no sense why theramore's event isn't launched with the patch and doable on day 1. Unless Blizz intends to phase Theramore so people under 85 can still enjoy the quests and look of old theramore.
    I actually have no idea. There's a Theramore world map in the game files that clearly has the manabomb crater there, but as far as I know, Theramore in the beta is still intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Maybe some day people will learn to pay attention. None of this is news if you've been following what they've said. They said the event would be the Theramore assault, and they said the event would be available for around a couple weeks before launch.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The big thing I see that makes having this as a scenario a good thing is the story. The other pre events were more to have something fun/silly to do and to build a bit of hype. FoT has been explained as being a large important event in the story going into MoP, it's supposed to give us a reason to back to war with each other, and piss Jaina off. This pre event has a much larger impact on the story and it would suck for anyone not playing during a 2 week window to not be able to how events played out other than WoWPedia. Yes current subscribers will get their achieves and vanity items like previous events which is good, but this way everyone else will still understand Jaina's sudden change.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I'm also hoping its going to be an awesome event near Wrathgate quality and would like the opportunity to replay it whenever.

15+ Year Old Account
    They announced at Blizzcon 2011 that the Theramore event would only be out for roughly 2 weeks before the expansion. That was almost a full year's notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I actually have no idea. There's a Theramore world map in the game files that clearly has the manabomb crater there, but as far as I know, Theramore in the beta is still intact.
    You're right. I went on beta and my mage still has the portal to theramore. And the city is still intact. So not sure how the crater one fits into things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    You're right. I went on beta and my mage still has the portal to theramore. And the city is still intact. So not sure how the crater one fits into things.
    The Horde scenario is before the explosion and the Alliance scenario is after it.

They're making the event a scenario to showcase a new feature coming in MOP, scenarios. I don't see why that is a problem, and we also do NOT know yet if that is the full extent of the pre event or if there will be more. Let's not jump the gun with QQing. You can QQ later when we've actually experienced it.