Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Why do you think that this will be the only part of the pre-launch event?

I mean they kept it secret for so long just to say it'll be nothing more than a scenario? I doubt it...
    Yep. There were 2 questlines datamined that could be the pre expansion "event". The horde one is something about investigating some incident somewhere about a missing team which leads up to retrieving some magic item that is used to create something special that will be used in the scenario (if you read the new WoW book or the spoilers you know what the questline is about). The Allince version of it is more or less about the same thing just with another focus like "why are there Horde boats in Darkshore?" or "why is there so much Horde activity" and so on (again some of it is mentioned in the book) which leads up to the scenario.

By saying that it's a world event and not a world event I think they just mean that you can do the questline as a world event which leads up to the scenario which leads up to going to Pandaria and that after the release of MoP you can only do the scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't theramore in the world actually leveled? So it makes no sense why theramore's event isn't launched with the patch and doable on day 1. Unless Blizz intends to phase Theramore so people under 85 can still enjoy the quests and look of old theramore.
    Okay, there's a very simple reason. And that's how Blizz always handled it with new expansions.....
    1. New patch hits that has the imminent changes like talents, spell changes (except the new ones for the next expansion), dmg pre scaling, arena season end, and all that jazz. Players get about 2 weeks to adjust to those changes.
    2. Pre event/s getting kicked off..
    Think Cata.... First there were earthquakes which Blizzard kept denying until their magnitude was undeniable. Then DW flew around in the known world burning everything and everyone in his path. [Stood in the Fire] achievement came along with it....
    Then the Twilight Hammer appeared.... Then the Elemental invasions started.

And now comes MoP. Why should everything change now, from the former patterns? be it TBC, WotLK or Cata. Pre patch brought everything in smaller bites until it was all exposed right before the actual launch of the new expansion.
    I see no problem with Theramore being a pre-event scenario... During the scenario Theramore gets destroyed. That part will be a lasting impact. Every event (quests etc) with it, will be gone at the launch of the expansion.

For all I can say from experience with the former events, stay on your toes and keep your eyes open for unique stuff, only available during that time. Once the expac hits, stuff may be gone, and that forever....
    Right of the top of my head I can think of Vampire Hunter achievement, and the Batling from Kara. Gone..
    The Tabard for Argent Dawn, available during the scourge invasion... gone.

Whatever, it won't be as good as the Zombie Invasion was.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2012-08-25 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Whatever, it won't be as good as the Zombie Invasion was.
    Probably not, but what COULD top the zombie invasion other than zombie invasion 2.0?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Probably not, but what COULD top the zombie invasion other than zombie invasion 2.0?
    You mean 3.0. Because the pre-Wrath zombie invasion was the 2.0. The original one was when the original Naxxramas launched.

Sorry for nitpicking there, but you know... stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    You mean 3.0. Because the pre-Wrath zombie invasion was the 2.0. The original one was when the original Naxxramas launched.

Sorry for nitpicking there, but you know... stuff
    Yes but the pre Naxx event didn't have the zombie part unless I'm mistaken, just the scourge out in random zones to go fight for rewards part.

The scenario itself looks like it's going to be dull anyway, I wasn't expecting much from it. Just can't wait to be out of Cataclysm so I don't really care that much.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yes as stated the pre launch event happens 2 or so week before MoP comes out, just like the elemental invasion did for cata and the scourge invasion was for WoTLK.

Have you ever seen a pre launch event? Then you should know what happens, but by the sounds of your post you have not seen one before.
    This isn't a pre-launch event. It's an instance you que for that takes 10 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    Where a you imagination Blizzard ?
    May I use this for a signature?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    This isn't a pre-launch event. It's an instance you que for that takes 10 minutes.
    1. We don't know that the scenario is the ONLY part of the event.

2. Even if it is, it's still a pre launch event even if it's not in the open world.

I don't think they were using scenario in the same definition of what is being released with MoP.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    1. We don't know that the scenario is the ONLY part of the event.

2. Even if it is, it's still a pre launch event even if it's not in the open world.
    They verified it. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413131769#6

And if we're going to call this an event we can easily call it the laziest excuse ever from Blizzard.
    Last edited by Anonymitylol; 2012-08-26 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    They verified it. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413131769#6

And if we're going to call this an event we can easily call it the laziest excuse ever from Blizzard.
    That post does not say that the scenario is the only thing happening pre-expansion.
    You are reading what you want to believe.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    That post does not say that the scenario is the only thing happening pre-expansion.
    You are reading what you want to believe.

So, "While you may not feel there will be much for you to do prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria, I've heard many others who are looking forward to spending time learning about their class changes and trying them out in the live environment before the expansion launch. I'm sure there are other things people are still working on getting finished up before the release as well. " Is me reading what I want? It's pretty obvious what the post implies and I'm not sure how you can't derive that.

Deleted
    I wasn't really expecting much from this event either, the main thing will be to check out the new talents.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look out it's a troll... Don't feed it!

1. You haven't seen the content yet, nor has anyone. Judge after you have experienced it to at least be fair.
    2. We don't know if it's going to be more than 'just the scenario', nor do we know hat the items acquirable aren't going to be 'special, or unique' prior to the release date of mists.
    3. As mentioned here, all events have 'ramped up' over time, but been a short event in total. This time we get perhaps a lasting event that you can experience at a much more story driven personal level.
    4. It's your lot (OP) that complained about 'the previous world events messing up your precious standing around in the city time'. Now you are getting exactly what you asked for. Next time (or this time for that matter) perhaps you should learn to not be such a wet blanket and enjoy the content that you are provided with. That is, unless you actually are the sadomasochist you appear to be? i.e. you like to be disappointed as it provides you with more endless fuel to complain about World of Warcraft so that you can bring down or make fun of others. As opposed to just allowing the rest of us to enjoy the game whilst continuing to attempt to ignore the entitled self aggrandizing hipster snowflake wannabes such as your self as implied by the very making this thread (instead of just using the plethora of alternate similar topics to express your apparent displeasure). Honestly, since when and why is it 'so cool' to hate on everything; when the end result is just cutting yourself, sad and lonely in your parents basement full of hate, rage, and emptiness? I pity you.

Personally, I'd be happy and not disappointed in the least if it's 'just the scenario', seeing as we can participate in it again whenever. This coming from a player that has participated in all of wow's major events related to expansion packs.

From an advertising standpoint, this is a brilliant move on Blizzards part seeing as they are introducing new game mechanics and technology to a vast and very excited player base which will no doubt translate to the most effective marketing there is... Positive word of mouth relation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenario? I can see the disappointment, it should have been a world event that affected the entire Azeroth, war breaking out leading to battles between Alliance and Horde on both their doorsteps. A simple "queue up and do it" is kinda stupid because it's restricted to an instance and not an actual World Event
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-08-26 at 02:57 AM.