Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hunger Royale coming back, downed state in pvp and Tyria world map explanation

Hello, I just came back from the "Webhallen" Stockholm meetup where they had invited Jeff Grubb (Lore and Continuity designer), Aaron Coberly (Lead character artist) and one of the community managers (He never told me his name >.<) where they had a Q and A, giveaways, GW2 demo etc. and I had a chat with Jeff Grubb and the community manager (seperatly). Here are roughly what was said. NOTE: Not exactly what was said and removed some unimportant conversation.

Me and CM about Hunger Royale

Me: Will the Hunger Royale come back as a reaccuring event or even an official pvp map?
    CM: We'll definitely have it back as an event.
    Me: So nothing permanent, just as an event from time to time?
    CM: Yes.

Me and CM about downed state in pvp

Me: So, have you guys at ArenaNet discussed the downed state in pvp? I think it's really annoying when you're trying to finish someone and their allies keep stunning you and stuff.
    CM: Yes we have. Did you see the 5 devs doing sPvP at Gamescom last year?
    Me: I'm not sure, I might have seen a game or two.
    CM: Well basically sPvP is all they do and they all think that the downed state should remain in sPvP.

Me and Jeff about the world map

Me: Surely you saw the leaked Tyria world map that was leaked on Reddit a while ago?
    Jeff: I saw that, and it made me laugh.
    Me: Could you explain it? It's a bit weird since some of the events on the map don't add up to the timeline of Guild Wars.
    Jeff: Well, the map is actually part of a bigger project, and that isn't actually how you see it in-game.
    Me: Are you trying to tell me that the map changes as time changes while you're looking at it?
    Jeff: I won't answer that.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-08-24 at 05:55 PM.

I still think the downed state in pvp is stupid.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I still think the downed state in pvp is stupid.
    So do I. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunger Royale - YEAH!!!!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    They can remove downed from PVP when healers exist
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

As someone who mainly plays ranged characters, I hate the downed state. The main downfall is when trying to fight 2v1, it's a big disadvantage for the 1 which shouldn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    This... doesn't sound legit. No offense. O_o

The responses are so terse that it's all quite easily made up. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I actually missed out on the Hunger Royale. Good thing it'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    They can remove downed from PVP when healers exist
    Guardian or elementalist....

Deleted
    '' CM: Well basically sPvP is all they do and they all think that the downed state should remain in sPvP.''

Is there a video or explanation or something on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew the Hunger Royale was coming back, they put too much effort into making something like just for it to be a end of beta event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This... doesn't sound legit. No offense. O_o

The responses are so terse that it's all quite easily made up. :P
    I don't remember everything they said, I'm just trying to sum it up really. I don't have any proof that what they said was true but I can show you pictures of their signatures to prove I was there..

uploading pic.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-08-24 at 06:06 PM.

downed state is from borderlands. I think its fine for PvP, if you dont want ppl stunning you then put a stability buff on your utility bar, or in the case of a theif blow a stealth then do your finisher in stealth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Hello, I just came back from the "Webhallen" Stockholm meetup where they had invited Jeff Grubb (Lore and Continuity designer), Aaron Coberly (Lead character artist) and one of the community managers (He never told me his name >.<) where they had a Q and A, giveaways, GW2 demo etc. and I had a chat with Jeff Grubb and the community manager (seperatly). Here are roughly what was said. NOTE: Not exactly what was said and removed some unimportant conversation.

Me and CM about Hunger Royale

Me: Will the Hunger Royale come back as a reaccuring event or even an official pvp map?
    CM: We'll definitely have it back as an event.
    Me: So nothing permanent, just as an event from time to time?
    CM: Yes.

Me and CM about downed state in pvp

Me: So, have you guys at ArenaNet discussed the downed state in pvp? I think it's really annoying when you're trying to finish someone and their allies keep stunning you and stuff.
    CM: Yes we have. Did you see the 5 devs doing sPvP at Gamescom last year?
    Me: I'm not sure, I might have seen a game or two.
    CM: Well basically sPvP is all they do and they all think that the downed state should remain in sPvP.

Me and Jeff about the world map

Me: Surely you saw the leaked Tyria world map that was leaked on Reddit a while ago?
    Jeff: I saw that, and it made me laugh.
    Me: Could you explain it? It's a bit weird since some of the events on the map don't add up to the timeline of Guild Wars.
    Jeff: Well, the map is actually part of a bigger project, and that isn't actually how you see it in-game.
    Me: Are you trying to tell me that the map changes as time changes while you're looking at it?
    Jeff: I won't answer that.
    Devious answer Jeff! That's quite interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I don't remember everything they said, I'm just trying to sum it up really. I don't have any proof that what they said was true but I can show you pictures of their signatures to prove I was there..

uploading pic.

I believe him. Lying is boring. Not lying is more fun.
    It makes sense the world will change. It's like WoW and Cataclysm, just more fun probably. Maybe Zhaitan will eff up something, or they'll actually have cities overrun and such. Is it so hard to believe in this world they want to be alive, in a year you may find Rata Sum taken over by Zhaitan and see a new Rata Sum district cube in Divinity's Reach? Hohoho.

Though obviously, Asura are never going to be able to get overrun and will rule Tyria with a [tiny] iron [golem] fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    Guardian or elementalist....
    There is no way you can keep someone healed while being focused

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I believe him. Lying is boring. Not lying is more fun.
    It makes sense the world will change. It's like WoW and Cataclysm, just more fun probably. Maybe Zhaitan will eff up something, or they'll actually have cities overrun and such. Is it so hard to believe in this world they want to be alive, in a year you may find Rata Sum taken over by Zhaitan and see a new Rata Sum district cube in Divinity's Reach? Hohoho.

Though obviously, Asura are never going to be able to get overrun and will rule Tyria with a [tiny] iron [golem] fist.
    When I said change I meant that it would show the past, but different points. Altough the future makes sense too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There is no way you can keep someone healed while being focused
    Pretty much this. Almost all healing other than your self-heal cooldown is residual.

Yeah, Water Elementalist spells have some nice healing. I don't deny that. However, there aren't dedicated healers. There is no burst healing. There is a lot of burst damage. As long as that's the way it is, downed needs to stay to prevent PvP from becoming a massive zerg-fest worse than Vanilla WoW ever was.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    Pretty much this. Almost all healing other than your self-heal cooldown is residual.

Yeah, Water Elementalist spells have some nice healing. I don't deny that. However, there aren't dedicated healers. There is no burst healing. There is a lot of burst damage. As long as that's the way it is, downed needs to stay to prevent PvP from becoming a massive zerg-fest worse than Vanilla WoW ever was.
    Why would that make it a zergfest? Just put a timer on it.