Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legacy XP Boosts: Are they worth it?

Has anyone been using the XP Boosts provided by the Legacy system? I'm wondering if they are worth purchasing or not. I'm thinking that the Class and PvP boosts would be the best ones for my personal playstyle. Any thoughts?

I have bought the ones for Class Stories and Flashpoints and I am really happy that I did. I have been blowing through the levels and only doing planet quests when I want to do a particular planet.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are tired of questing or feel it is a grind AND have the credits to blow, most definitely.

Only buy what you plan on focusing on, but for normal leveling recommend the Class Story and Exploration ones.

Obviously if you want to do lots of WZ or FP, the buy those as well. All the bonuses are additive, so they max at 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Class Boost one for all my new alts, and the Warzone boost on my Assassin and my Sniper, and so far, I would definitely say that it's worth it. Only get the Warzone one for a class that excels in PvP, though. I'm 22 on my Sniper and I haven't left the Fleet since I stopped there after DK.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Has anyone been using the XP Boosts provided by the Legacy system? I'm wondering if they are worth purchasing or not. I'm thinking that the Class and PvP boosts would be the best ones for my personal playstyle. Any thoughts?
    I had plenty of credits so I bought all levels of the space, class and whatever the clearing an area on the map was called.

It made a pretty significant difference in leveling speed, especially the space one.

No idea on the warzone one. Haven't used it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Obviously if you want to do lots of WZ or FP, the buy those as well. All the bonuses are additive, so they max at 20%.
    I could be misremembering, and being at work I can't log on and double check, but I thought if you buy the all the boosts for one thing it maxed at 30% because the last one is a 10% bonus?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I could be misremembering, and being at work I can't log on and double check, but I thought if you buy the all the boosts for one thing it maxed at 30% because the last one is a 10% bonus?
    Possibly a typo, but now you have me second guessing what I meant in the first place without being in the game.

I bought everything I could if a toon needed it. For me it is all worth is for no other reason then there isn't much to spend credits on and they are super easy to make. I do wish I wouldn't have gotten all of the wz xp increases for one of my toons though. He has been valor capped at his lvl for 20 lvls or so, now that he is over 40 it is going to be tight on having him hit 50 with the 2000/3500 comm caps like I was hoping to.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    i did the pvp one and dam you lvl fast true warzones, and i think it works on pvp ranks to ...
    Last edited by mmocea0b4c5a98; 2012-08-24 at 09:59 PM.

It's 30%. 2% for the first, then 4%, then 6%, 8%, then 10%.

I filled up: PvP, Class Missions, and for my IA, Space Missions. I do the dailies every day. Basically, anything not to have to do all the planet and side quests again.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

I may do class missions, but since I don't PvP much until max level, dislike FPs, and don't do space missions period, those I won't get. Exploration I'll skip too, cause even a 30% boost to that is like an extra 600 xp at most for each discovery, and that's not worth the couple hundred thousand credits IMO.

I have the first 4 levels for Warzone experience and the first two for Class Story. Definitely helped me catch up to a planet's designated levels since I skip a lot of side quests and once my story on a planet is done I'm off! You can get heaps of XP in Warzones with it. Definitely recommend getting them if you can afford it.

I think considering the price, no

I think it's bullshit that the perks are only for the character they are bought on, it'd be worth shelling out the credits if it was for all characters you ever make for the 1 time price though

Getting the legacy early speeder ones seems more effective for leveling speed than the xp boosts even do

I bought the one for "Class Missions" and "Explorer" also for "War zones" you will without a doubt notice a massive difference if you pick the PVP one. Frankly it's the one that pops more often then the PVE dungeon finder. It's going to be much more then you would get. But less then you most likely expecting. It's great at lower levels but as you get higher you can't just pve and skip most planets.

It's without a doubt a boost. I think when game is F2P they will sell those same items. The way guild wars sells boosts. The prices for them right now are insanely high though. I had to pay 20k first time, an extra 2 percent boost. Then 30k, for the second, 50k for the third and 100k for the last one. That amounts to nearly 200k and that's not even considering the same price for class missions and explorer. They don't boost it that much.

Seriously. I never understood why I got something on legacy all I did was unlock the feature..to buy it with massive credits.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-08-27 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I bought the one for "Class Missions" and "Explorer" also for "War zones" you will without a doubt notice a massive difference if you pick the PVP one. Frankly it's the one that pops more often then the PVE dungeon finder. It's going to be much more then you would get. But less then you most likely expecting. It's great at lower levels but as you get higher you can't just pve and skip most planets.

It's without a doubt a boost. I think when game is F2P they will sell those same items. The way guild wars sells boosts. The prices for them right now are insanely high though. I had to pay 20k first time, an extra 2 percent boost. Then 30k, for the second, 50k for the third and 100k for the last one. That amounts to nearly 200k and that's not even considering the same price for class missions and explorer. They don't boost it that much.

Seriously. I never understood why I got something on legacy all I did was unlock the feature..to buy it with massive credits.
    Its ok I think, where else would you want to spend your credits...

Imho the pvp one is the most recommended, if you like to pvp and do the daily for 2 warzones from day to day. Also the classquests ones are really nice. Explorer is a messy one, though you get very low xp for every zone (like for 1 elite kill of your level). If you like questing, here you go. If you do the daily pvp with pvp legacy bonus you should spare the credits, because you will likely not see many zones.
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-08-27 at 06:11 AM. Reason: typo

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

I do not think they are worth it, personally. I enjoy the leveling, why would I want to shorten it?

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Its ok I think, where else would you want to spend your credits...

Imho the pvp one is the most recommended, if you like to pvp and do the daily for 2 warzones from day to day. Also the classquests ones are really nice. Explorer is a messy one, though you get very low xp for every zone (like for 1 elite kill of your level). If you like questing, here you go. If you do the daily pvp with pvp legacy bonus you should spare the credits, because you will likely not see many zones.
    It just always baffled me. That I have to spend credits for something I had to unlock. I unlocked the option to buy it? in any case. I think spending money on the GTN would be a much better use of it. I think it cost 40k credits early on at level 10 if you want to buy a speeder then. Unless you have 500k in credits sitting around. It does seem like alot. At least to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I do not think they are worth it, personally. I enjoy the leveling, why would I want to shorten it?
    That is understandable. I've done the planet stories 6 times now. I'm hoping to skip them on runs 7 & 8. =)

I ended up buying the PvP one and did not notice much of a difference, but I bought it on my Smuggler who is low level. I'll probably notice a bigger benefit once he gets to the mid-high level range.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    I bought the Class Boost one for all my new alts, and the Warzone boost on my Assassin and my Sniper, and so far, I would definitely say that it's worth it. Only get the Warzone one for a class that excels in PvP, though. I'm 22 on my Sniper and I haven't left the Fleet since I stopped there after DK.
    If I'm leveling a class via PvP I actually don't get the boost, since I'm more or less comm farming more than XP farming. The goal I have for a PvP leveled character is to have them maxed on ranked and warzone comms and have a plentiful supply of of warzone med packs and adrenals.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    It just always baffled me. That I have to spend credits for something I had to unlock. I unlocked the option to buy it? in any case. I think spending money on the GTN would be a much better use of it. I think it cost 40k credits early on at level 10 if you want to buy a speeder then. Unless you have 500k in credits sitting around. It does seem like alot. At least to me.
    But the normal speeder price is 35k. You can pay 5k extra and get it 15 levels earlier. You have the choice. Get it earlier for 5k more (which is nothing imo) or wait and pay less.