Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it doesn't work that way, I tried some very generic fantasy names and always got error, there's no way legolas isn't taken.
    Legolas is a one-word name. GW1 required two word names.

I suppose it's entirely possible that the name I want to use hasn't been logged into between now and January 1st, so maybe I'll get lucky.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-24 at 10:55 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it doesn't work that way, I tried some very generic fantasy names and always got error, there's no way legolas isn't taken.
    In addition to all names in GW1 being 2 or more words, in both GW1 and GW2, copywritten names and other famous names are restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    oh, I didnt know about that 2 words rule, that explain a lot :P

All 6 of my normal names don't appear to have been taken. So if I jump in early I'm a fair chance of getting 5 at least (will need to buy additional slots for others).

10+ Year Old Account
    AWESOME. Thank you so much! Good to know that none of the names I, my fiancee and my friend want are taken. Now to just race and make the names before anyoen else does at 9.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

Mine is taken because I used it for my beta character. Do beta character's get wiped when the game launches tonight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Mine is taken because I used it for my beta character. Do beta character's get wiped when the game launches tonight?
    They've already been wiped.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

no it works fine.. just try "harry potter" you'll find a player with this name :P ,, also "justin beiber" xD
    Last edited by WoRsT; 2012-08-24 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    My name is also up for grabs at the moment.
    I am going to rush in and reserve the name ASAP because it's taken me fricken actual hours of thinking to come up with one thats original, fits the naming styles and that I actually like it.
    If somehow somebody bloody beats me to it, I'd punch my screen.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish there was a way to be 100% positive somebody would take my name or not. I don't really want to have to delete my main character to find out, and then find out it was taken, and have to start leveling the character all over again. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, the best way to make sure your names aren't taken is to be creative enough so that the names you game with are unique and original.

Every time I see someone saying something like "omg i gotta login fast n get my name!" I assume their name will be along the lines of "XKloud StrifeX" or something else equally ridiculous.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    You know, the best way to make sure your names aren't taken is to be creative enough so that the names you game with are unique and original.

Every time I see someone saying something like "omg i gotta login fast n get my name!" I assume their name will be along the lines of "XKloud StrifeX" or something else equally ridiculous.
    Definitely not the common case, as you might think.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-24 at 11:49 PM.

I'll give you a hint on my Guardians name since my name is so obscure! It is the name used as an alias of an anthropomorphic artists Fursona.

It is a combination of an Irish based word with roots going back to an issue of cracked magazine. It starts with a P and ends with an E and it is 9 letters longs.

It has a Z in the middle. One word too! Try and figure it out..good luck.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-08-24 at 11:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    [/COLOR]

If it's Vlad, it's a pretty common name.

When I started WoW, I was the ONLY person with my name. Now there are 82.
    Me too!
    Buncha poser wannabes.

Will we be able to log in, just tag names on 5 characters real quick, thenn delete them later to recustomize?
    Or does gw2 have some kind of lock on names after they are used?

I know a couple mmo's would have the name on lock for like 24 hours if you deleted the character.

edit2: Are names the entire game wide? or locked to servers?
    Last edited by Imhullu; 2012-08-25 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad only two of my 16 where taken

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They've already been wiped.

Lol. Well then I hope something is wrong with that site. I'm really the only one in the world that even uses that name.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-08-25 at 03:48 AM.

Has anyone found a name that IS taken with this? I've plugged in a few common and popular names and everything seems to be untaken

Deleted
    My forum signature is a ruse to throw people off the scent.

Deleted
    None of my names are taken, altough most of them are one word names.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF this works then all my names are useable but i just know 2 of the names will be gone in seconds

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    None of my names are taken, altough most of them are one word names.
    same...