How do names work?

I've never played GW or the GW2 beta and I am wondering how the name system works so I can prepare for tonight. From what I gather you can basically have a first name and last name? Can you also have a three word name? Correct me if I am wrong. Also is there somewhere I can hold my name until I create my character?

Thanks!

19 characters, spaces usable (ie, multiple word names usable), names globally unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

19 characters max, minimum of 3. You could make a name like 'Z u l a t h a r' if you wanted, or as many names in your name as you want as long as it's less than 19 characters.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-24 at 10:58 PM.

It's something like 19 characters, and you're allowed spaces, basically. So you can be pretty 'creative.' Using the word creative liberally, because some of the names I've seen people come up with are a little... well, they're not exactly enlightened. :P
    There's nowhere to hold your name, no.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-08-24 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I've never played GW or the GW2 beta and I am wondering how the name system works so I can prepare for tonight. From what I gather you can basically have a first name and last name? Can you also have a three word name? Correct me if I am wrong. Also is there somewhere I can hold my name until I create my character?

Thanks!
    I saw even 4 part names, like "Im not an orc" for example. I think you have jsut a limit of like 20 characters (pulling this number out of my ass)

as far as holding a name the only way to do that is to create a character with that name ASAP if its not already reserved through the HoM from GW1. There was some information that you had a very short reserve on the name of a character you recently deleated (think 24hours was what I read but dont have a sorce atm) so you could make a toon, deleate it and then recreate takeing a bit more time to get the look just right.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    guys since you are so well informed, maybe you know how does titles work?
    I saw in hero panel you can choose one, but I didnt get any. So does it work like surname, or is displayed above/below character name?
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2012-08-24 at 11:07 PM.