Tyrians - have patience!

Hi guys, we are only few hours away from the launch, thus this is my appeal. Let us all be patient if we cannot get in within first 10 seconds or something. Lets set GW2 community apart from all the other MMO's and show them that we are better and more mature about this. Anet has poured so much effort, love and time into this - the extra wait will be worth it. I will hope you will support this attitude!
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I fully expect not being able to log on right away, as anybody should if they are waiting on a release for mmo in general

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    I fully expect not being able to log on right away, as anybody should if they are waiting on a release for mmo in general
    The problem is many people think the game should run flawlessly out of the gate. Sadly, that isn't the case with MMO's. This isn't COD or CS:GO. There will be plenty of issues and people will still whine.

Honestly not logging in right away will probably be the least complained about. I imagine as soon as the servers go down for emergency maintenance and don't come back up the second they were supposed to the forums will be in an uproar.

Sad, really.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-25 at 01:53 AM.

That's why listening to the trolls on the forums is never a good idea :P

Only thing I am complaining about is the terrible download speed..had to reformat my computer and gw2 was gone obviously! 700 kb/s!

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvinco View Post
    That's why listening to the trolls on the forums is never a good idea :P

Only thing I am complaining about is the terrible download speed..had to reformat my computer and gw2 was gone obviously! 700 kb/s!
    Ouch i feel for ya man. theres a good chance their download bandwidth is being eaten up by folks downloading so not that big a surprise though. I would sugest doing a quick stopwatch test while eyeballing the actual amount downloaded however. I dont know if that bug is still around but during one of the beta's the rate being reported was half of what it actualy was for me. I downloaded ~15mb over 10 seconds(1.5mb/s) but the display was reporting around 700ish kb/s

Who is John Galt?

just reminding folks, take a deep breath!
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    wtf is a tyrian?

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    just reminding folks, take a deep breath!
    If we took a deep breath at the start of the server troubles, we would all be dead right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    wtf is a tyrian?
    Someone who lives in tyria I assume, which is where gw2 is located.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    wtf is a tyrian?
    I lol'd cause of your sig...

Anyway, I haven't even tried to log in yet. Not expecting the game to work properly at the moment, especially with all of the last minute stress tests they were doing.