Thread: Star Wars: 1313

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Well that depends what you call a disappoint, its like saying Vanilla is disappointing ... not everyone will think so.

SWTOR, Star Wars Battlefront are decent Star Wars games.
    And Republic commando was great.

1313 looks quite interesting.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-08-30 at 07:25 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm gonna start flipping shit if this doesn't get released for PC.
    This won't be a port and was developed FOR the PC. I'm sure it will go live for next gen consoles but I would say that it was solely developed with PC gamers in mind.

I'd rather have a new Dark Forces: Jedi Knight game, myself. =-/

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This won't be a port and was developed FOR the PC. I'm sure it will go live for next gen consoles but I would say that it was solely developed with PC gamers in mind.
    ya, like i said in a previous post the machine running the game in those 2 vids is a high powered PC.

id also like to re-point out that its being built on the unreal 3 engine and not unreal 4 which is supposedly exclusively for next gen consoles. so it may very well have a ps3/360 release to go with the PC release, but it wont be until sometime next year.

also, keep in mind that not EVERY console game that gets a PC release is a shitty port, just a large majority of them, lol
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-08-30 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Battlefront 3 with these graphics please. Go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks but no thanks. I'm tired of short linear cover games and when you take out the force and lightsabers? It becomes "insert random laser pistol here" game. Republic Commando held its own because it added all those squad elements. This? Meh...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Thanks but no thanks. I'm tired of short linear cover games and when you take out the force and lightsabers? It becomes "insert random laser pistol here" game. Republic Commando held its own because it added all those squad elements. This? Meh...
    What about Star Wars: Bounty Hunter?

It was a fantastic game, it was still a 3rd person cover shooter however, not to mention it also used auto-aim. Just because it's a cover shooter doesn't automatically make it bad; although on the flip side I've not really seen much in the videos other than a few scripted cover-shooting scenes I can't really comment, what made Bounty Hunter good was the various tools and gadgets you had at your disposal. Although level design probably played a pretty big role.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Battlefront 3 with these graphics please. Go!
    Sorry, but: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-at-lucasarts/

Looks like we won't be getting a Battlefront 3.
    Last edited by mmoc65a9be75bb; 2012-08-31 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    What about Star Wars: Bounty Hunter?

It was a fantastic game, it was still a 3rd person cover shooter however, not to mention it also used auto-aim. Just because it's a cover shooter doesn't automatically make it bad; although on the flip side I've not really seen much in the videos other than a few scripted cover-shooting scenes I can't really comment, what made Bounty Hunter good was the various tools and gadgets you had at your disposal. Although level design probably played a pretty big role.

Sorry, but: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-at-lucasarts/

Looks like we won't be getting a Battlefront 3.
    Its sad Lucasarts has given up on the few starwars series and titles that havnt sucked major dick or flopped like a fatty doing an olympic dive. Battlefront, Rogue squadron, KOTOR. All were loved and fans would love to see sequels but they keep coming out with this out of left field half assed story games, ie TOR force unleashed, this game.

"Was that really necessary?"
    "Ha ha. Nope!"

Graphics may be top notch (and I am impressed so far) But good graphics does not a good game make. It needs other things, such as good dialogue. I was really happy when I heard those lines. In fact I actually laughed out loud. In such a dark setting, a little humor can go a long way.

Deleted
    TOR
    I may be in the minority, but I actually enjoyed SWTOR; just because it was similar to WoW doesn't make it a bad game.