Thread: Servers up

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Getting the old "firewall/router" error when trying to log in, so I'm assuming things aren't working smoothly yet.

Deleted
    i cant even get in anymore, it says no event ;< it worked 15mins ago

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    stupid firewall settings are screwing me over again

what do i add to the lsit to stop it blocking it? the launcher or the exe file?
    It's not that, the log-in servers are having a hard time keeping up.

I had 2 toons made already trying to see if you could make alts on another server than your home server (you cant), and deleted them both to make them look how I wanted when I found out I couldn´t....Now its timing out

That will teach me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Just enough to have every single one of my names taken ffs gogo team fortress fml
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Dangit, finished my character and BAM.. cannot connect to login server. xD

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

Deleted
    I don't even want to know how many people are trying to log on now.

Deleted
    I was able to get three of my five top names. Two backup names had to be used.

I think they underestimated the amount of people trying to access this game, trust me from South Africa to Iceland there is a lot of people hyped for this game.

Deleted
    Sucks that I gave myself 30 minutes into the three hours window. Didn't want to get up at 6 am staight, now it seems that exactly these 30 minutes stand between me and my name reserveration.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCrafter View Post
    I think they underestimated the amount of people trying to access this game, trust me from South Africa to Iceland there is a lot of people hyped for this game.
    And no, they didn't. Launch is in 2 hours, not now. That is exactly why they are trying to bring servers up 3 hours b4 launch.
    Last edited by mmoc1f853858c0; 2012-08-25 at 04:39 AM.

Just goes to show you can never underestimate how many people will try to log in simultaneously when the game goes live. No matter how many BWEs you run, no matter how many stress tests you run specifically to tax the login/authentication system, there will be people who won't bother to log in to those since everything will be wiped anyway. Here's hoping the service is restored and running smoothly sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    hope so as f-secure always screws me over

Yeah it's just the login service that is down, a lot of friends on TS are playing smoothly.

Deleted
    Got all 5 names I wanted (I'm shocked but when I logged in I was alone) but during proper create of them I get network error

Deleted
    Getting "game client can't connect to log-in server"

Deleted
    I guess they will let next wave to play in 20 minutes.

Also try restarting the client and trying again.

Its so laggy in the starting zones right now anyway because of the massive amount of people in it. ><

I guess everybody got the boot?

I was able to log in a grab my 3 names I wanted and then rework them all until I was happy with their appearances. On my 2nd one I was getting that firewall error but if I hit the back button then went back to my name it would work no worries.