Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cancelform [modifier:shift]
    /cast Wild Charge

Does the same thing :P

Also what's with the empty 3xstarfalls tip and going from 12 to 14 on numbered points? :P
    I'm still debaiting if i want to give away my secret yet It is fantastic! jk jk haha I forgot to update it ~_~; A bit frazzled today at work. Dumping all my Balance secrets on the interwebs!

The short version if you do Astral Commun till your at 75 Lunar energy (One tick before Lunar eclipse). > Starfall#1 > Get hit/cast/Astram Com again > Hit lunar (Starfall is reset) > Starfll #2 > Celestrial Allignment (Puts you in solar/lunar AGAIN and resets starfall) > Starfall #3.

Edit: Also i think he wants the macro to do Wild Charge on a friendly person. Say.. your healer to eat traps?
    #showtooltip
    /cast Wild Charge
    /cast [target=name] Wild Charge

I think he meant something like that. So if you press it, does wild charge normally. Mod press Cancels moonkin form and grips you to your healer?

EDIT #2: Added triple starfall! Check it out. Enjoy the mass chaos BWHAHAHHA!
    Last edited by Vayra; 2012-08-29 at 06:33 PM.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    I'm still debaiting if i want to give away my secret yet It is fantastic! jk jk haha I forgot to update it ~_~; A bit frazzled today at work. Dumping all my Balance secrets on the interwebs!

The short version if you do Astral Commun till your at 75 Lunar energy (One tick before Lunar eclipse). > Starfall#1 > Get hit/cast/Astram Com again > Hit lunar (Starfall is reset) > Starfll #2 > Celestrial Allignment (Puts you in solar/lunar AGAIN and resets starfall) > Starfall #3.

Edit: Also i think he wants the macro to do Wild Charge on a friendly person. Say.. your healer to eat traps?
    #showtooltip
    /cast Wild Charge
    /cast [target=name] Wild Charge

I think he meant something like that. So if you press it, does wild charge normally. Mod press Cancels moonkin form and grips you to your healer?

EDIT #2: Added triple starfall! Check it out. Enjoy the mass chaos BWHAHAHHA!
    <deleted> Need to read more carefully :P

Ah so it's basically the same trick with normal PvE rotation, you just fast forward through the filler nukes and you do the Starfalls much closer together. Though even if you cast the fillers, it's just the downtime while Starfall is active.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-08-29 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    <deleted> Need to read more carefully :P

Ah so it's basically the same trick with normal PvE rotation, you just fast forward through the filler nukes and you do the Starfalls much closer together. Though even if you cast the fillers, it's just the downtime while Starfall is active.
    Oh '.'; I don't PvE haha I wasn't aware that's what Bal is doing for AoE XD Yeah the "Filler" during the starfall is usually just Moonfire / sunfire to keep DoTs rolling. I try to avoid hard casting in 3s unless i'm trying to juke and get CC off. Thats cool we came to the same method of chaining starfalls together though!

nice read, but a couple of things i spotted.

1. glyph of charm woodland creature listed twice.

2. you have a few escaped '(single quote) characters. you should be able to use '(single quote) without doing \', if not, swap your quotes on tags to " (double quotes)

3. can i make a suggestion for the talent choices. currently it is quite difficult to read the information due to poor formatting of multiple sentences.

4. styling in general needs improving. e.g. larger/bold/colored headings, consistant style between major headings/subheadings
    something along the lines of:

1. Introduction
    Welcome to the End of Cataclysm Balance Druid PvP Guide. I’m Nagoto of Bloodhoof. A little about myself, I’m a PvP’er and PvE’er. I have been 2.2k as both Balance and Feral, 2k as Resto this season. I’m not the best, and none of this will ever be 100% undisputed accurate but I will do my personal best to get as close as possible to that. With the sweeping changes between Beta and 5.0 going live coming up I will be doing updates often as the information changes.

3. Talents / Glyphs

Tier 1.
    [ Feline Swiftness | Displacer Beast | Wild Charge ]
    Feline Swiftness:The passive speed increase just isn't THAT needed, between boot enchant as well as travel form
    Displacer Beast:has a lot of flaws, many of which were inherited from the old rogue vanish. If you have any DoTs on you, the stealth will break instantly. Also it cannot be used if you have Faerie Fire on you
    Wild Charge:is the pick without a doubt. It allows you to do different things depending on your form. In Moonkin it lets you do a leap backwards like Disengage. In Travel Form it allows you to leap forward. Caster form is where this ability really shines. It acts like a reverse Leap of Faith gripping you to an ally. This will allow you to eat traps for your partner. This is HUGE in avoiding CC, knowing when to use Wild Charge for kiteing, and when to eat CC will mean the difference between a good moonkin and a GREAT one.

Tier 2 (copy of t1lol).
    [ Feline Swiftness | Displacer Beast | Wild Charge ]
    Feline Swiftness:The passive speed increase just isn't THAT needed, between boot enchant as well as travel form
    Displacer Beast:has a lot of flaws, many of which were inherited from the old rogue vanish. If you have any DoTs on you, the stealth will break instantly. Also it cannot be used if you have Faerie Fire on you
    Wild Charge:is the pick without a doubt. It allows you to do different things depending on your form. In Moonkin it lets you do a leap backwards like Disengage. In Travel Form it allows you to leap forward. Caster form is where this ability really shines. It acts like a reverse Leap of Faith gripping you to an ally. This will allow you to eat traps for your partner. This is HUGE in avoiding CC, knowing when to use Wild Charge for kiteing, and when to eat CC will mean the difference between a good moonkin and a GREAT one.

Glyphs
    Major:
    • Glyph of the Moonbeast *
    • Glyph of Stampede
    • Glyph of Entangling Roots
    • Glyph of Cyclone
    • Glyph of Barkskin *
    • Glyph of Nature\'s Grasp
    • Glyph of Fae Silence (This could be clunky to use consistently.)
    • Glyph of Innervate(With how low regen will be next season. This might be an attractive choice.)
    • Glyph of Solar Beam *

actually after looking back, maybe you aren't finished formatting. either way, suggested format still stands!
    If you need help with it, let me know
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2012-08-31 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    I must disagree with post above me.

Wild charge is not "they pick without a doubt". If you play with Discipline Priest or Shadow Priest he can give you Shield in right time and Displacer Beast become very strong defensive cd. Dots won't break your prowl also aoe won't knock you out of prowl if you have shield.

Also if you use Displacer Beast enemy players lose you on focus bar.

Wild charge in human form is only 25 yards which is not a lot in my opinion but again to gain max benefit from Displacer Beast you need to team up with Priest : )

the content of the post above was not my own (it's copy paste of the OP).
    i'm purely suggesting the styling of it.

Yeah Wing5 i'm still working on it =) Busy week for my IRL so i'm falling slightly behind. Just wanted to get the content out there, but yeah i'll definaly PM you if i need help! Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

Wild charge is not "they pick without a doubt". If you play with Discipline Priest or Shadow Priest he can give you Shield in right time and Displacer Beast become very strong defensive cd. Dots won't break your prowl also aoe won't knock you out of prowl if you have shield.

Also if you use Displacer Beast enemy players lose you on focus bar.

Wild charge in human form is only 25 yards which is not a lot in my opinion but again to gain max benefit from Displacer Beast you need to team up with Priest : )
    That's the great thing about the new talent system! There is no "End all 100% Cookie-cutter" answer! Different talents can be useful for different comps. Another issue to consider with Displacer beast though is that if you have Fairy fire on you, you need to be dispelled. Though a spriest could still do that with mass dispel! Good idea haha i'll add it in to the guide.

Thank you for the feedback
    Last edited by Vayra; 2012-08-31 at 03:02 PM.

I dont have any comments as I'm a new player, but just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for doing this guide. I am completely new to the class, so even that explanation of eclipse works was really useful. Many guides these days assume you're a seasoned wow player with at least passing knowledge of every class - e.g. using acronyms, not explaining class mechanics that thoroughly. Not that that's always a bad thing, but as a newbie to Druid/Boomkin I really appreciate the detail you've gone into. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I dont have any comments as I'm a new player, but just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for doing this guide. I am completely new to the class, so even that explanation of eclipse works was really useful. Many guides these days assume you're a seasoned wow player with at least passing knowledge of every class - e.g. using acronyms, not explaining class mechanics that thoroughly. Not that that's always a bad thing, but as a newbie to Druid/Boomkin I really appreciate the detail you've gone into. Keep it up!
    Thanks dude =) Happy you got something out of it! If you have any other specific questions that wern't answered in the guide feel free to ask them here and i'll do my best to answer and or add them into the main post.

Great guide!
    I noticed you had written how to beat some classes in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post18238682 It would be awesome if you could add tactics on how to beat each class in this guide

Quote Originally Posted by MdAlmighty View Post
    Great guide!
    I noticed you had written how to beat some classes in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post18238682 It would be awesome if you could add tactics on how to beat each class in this guide
    I mean i can give a small over view for 1v1 without any LoS for the class, but outside of the opener there's so many variables haha. I'll work on it though. Glad you liked it!

Now that MoP is live - how is everyone enjoying Balance at level 90? =D

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Now that MoP is live - how is everyone enjoying Balance at level 90? =D
    It's awesome! Just the right amount of survivability and DPS to make it enjoyable to play. Having a Cloak of Shadows, Hammer of Justice or Anti-Magic Shell from Symbiosis makes BG's interesting, people never expect a cute chicken to use HoJ. ;3

A neat little trick: You can place a mushroom with Wild Mushroom and then use Wild Charge (in caster form) to leap to the mushroom!
    Hi

Deleted
    hello, ive recently been leveling my druid alt I wondered if there is a macro I can put on all my damaging spells to make me go into boomkin form?

Why you need that lol, you should be perma mkin form .

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    hello, ive recently been leveling my druid alt I wondered if there is a macro I can put on all my damaging spells to make me go into boomkin form?
    I guess you don't use Glyph of the moonbeast.. There is no point of not being in owlkin form nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I guess you don't use Glyph of the moonbeast.. There is no point of not being in owlkin form nowadays.
    well, if you go in bearform for surviving some heavy shit then yes - there is a point of such macro.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    well, if you go in bearform for surviving some heavy shit then yes - there is a point of such macro.
    Oh yeah true, my bad not thinkin' of that... You might want that for HoTW for example.

Macroing all dmg abilities is stupid imho, sometime instant ss can be kill shot even outside of mkin after tranquility and shaping with gcd can be bad in that situation.
    He should have macro for shapeshift into moonkin form /cast !Moonkin Form what can be used like root breaker.

Edit:
    anyway macro should be something like

#showtooltip
    /cast [nostance:5] Moonkin Form;
    /cast [stance:5] Wrath;
    Last edited by Madus; 2012-10-16 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted
    Thx madus, also the reason I want it is that im often using sprint and the other speed increase. travil form. and I keep forgetting to back into moonkin form