Another gripe of mine is that a-net decides to "link" certain armor parts to body parts that don't match.
    In this case it's obvious that the skirt part should be attached to the legs and not the chest IMO.

I'm trying to recreate Harribel from bleach but the "skirt" is being a pain
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Yeah, when it was on sale I bought the town clothing pirate outfit, worst purchase ever. Almost everything is the chest piece and the color areas just don't work right.
    Ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The skirt is part of the chest piece?? What the hell...logic > window. I'd opt for the one on the right (prefer sexier outfits) but only if you can find some proper boots that are at least knee-high, not those little sandals :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The skirt isn't part of the chest piece. I'm wearing it above with my Whisper's Coat. It is just a skirt and nothing else. Pretty much the only piece like that for medium armor wearers.

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-10-30 at 04:36 AM.

that skirt is screaming out to be paired with a tube top

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    that skirt is screaming out to be paired with a tube top
    Like this (not my picture). It is from http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWarsDyeJob

I got this for my necro (not sure about colors tho). It looks like medium armor / leather so coloring is kind of hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Like this (not my picture). It is from http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWarsDyeJob
    <snip>
    I like how she's standing on a street corner, now we just need some guy in a hat rolling up in a horse carriage and saying "sup baby, how much do you charge?" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    id love to make a more unique looking sylvari but i just endup making a boring green plant looking char
    It helps to do something like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    My second, I was trying to more closely match the Teq wings. It's hard to tell, but the glow of the sylvari matchs up with membrane of the wings. The wing/arm color matches reasonably with the skin tone too.
    I found it really helpful to start the character creation with a clear idea in mind of the look I want to achieve - otherwise it's easy to get overwhelmed by the abundance of colour choice sylvari have and just go for green.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    It helps to do something like this:

I found it really helpful to start the character creation with a clear idea in mind of the look I want to achieve - otherwise it's easy to get overwhelmed by the abundance of colour choice sylvari have and just go for green.
    So so true. I've been trying to make a sylvari for my mesmer and just cannot for the life of me make something I like. I almost never go into CC with a goal/idea in mind of how I want her to look so I'm always like "well maybe this and this colour? or this and this!" and then I just get frustrated.

When I talked about the skirt I meant the one with the daggers on it
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Also, if you start off "generic", once you get to max and find an armor set you like, you can use the makeover kit to cater your body color/shape/everything to the armor since it shows your current armor.

One of the irritating things for me was finding a look at char-gen I liked and then deleting due to shield-on-back clipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Also, if you start off "generic", once you get to max and find an armor set you like, you can use the makeover kit to cater your body color/shape/everything to the armor since it shows your current armor.

One of the irritating things for me was finding a look at char-gen I liked and then deleting due to shield-on-back clipping.
    Yep, I did a similar thing with my Sylvari ele (my first Sylvari character) once i had settled on a colour combo I really liked on her armour. Tweaked her skin and hair colour to match with the armour so now she looks like this:

(the lighting isn't ideal, but it's light turquoise/ indigo - can't remember the proper names at the moment - I like contrasting colours )
    Love that organic look to Sylvari style armour so you can make it look like it's growing out of your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a bit of a dye dilemma after finally getting Asura T3 (except the helm). Some of the gear shows dyes normally, while the other bits show the same dyes in a "metallic" shade which looks completely different.

Vote away!

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    When I talked about the skirt I meant the one with the daggers on it
    Ahhh. Gotcha. Yeah, that is the bad thing about that chest piece. It is almost trenchcoat like but not completely. That being said, using Human T3 (without the dagger part) and that skirt would have made for a pretty skanky combination.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-10-30 at 11:08 PM.

Xuvial, I personally am a fan of 4 and 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I like 1/3, but think a mask would be great.

I only like 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Having a bit of a dye dilemma after finally getting Asura T3 (except the helm). Some of the gear shows dyes normally, while the other bits show the same dyes in a "metallic" shade which looks completely different.

Vote away!
    five and seven are my votes

10+ Year Old Account
    Xuvial, bottom left (5) and bottom right (7) are my favourites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, knew #7 would be popular simply because of the pure-black (well Midnight Ice) vs white contrast.

Thanks guys, I'll roll with 5# for now because I'm a big fan of blue and it goes with the eye color. Asura eyes are HUGE, they make up an important part of dye picking . Also black dyes are like...everywhere. In fact I don't even know why Abyss is still so expensive, Midnight Fire/Ice are far darker and cheaper too.

Will occasionally switch to #2 because the metallic blue looks very good on white ingame, Meledelion agrees with me

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-10-31 at 11:54 AM.