10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I do recall something about a glitch where if the item won't take a color, you should first use Dye Remover, then save that, then go back in and use the color you want and it should reset properly, but I don't know if that's your issue, or if I even remember it right. Can't hurt though.
    It's not like that all 3 slots make clear visual changes to the boots. I'm thinking this was something changed in later patches, no idea why though, it looks completely out of place.

See what I mean:

But in the GW2 wiki screenshots it's not that color and can be changed: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_...armor_(medium)

Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-11-17 at 12:45 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    When has male cloth armor looked good in any MMO :P
    TERA has some nice cloth armors for guys. Specifically the castanic males have several outfits that I think look good.

I would like a rogue-ish cloth armor for males to match a mesmer duelist look.

Deleted
    <3 norn t3 cultural armor

Last edited by mmoc024edb9800; 2013-11-21 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! Norn T3 light looks like ass though

Deleted
    Pimped my thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really REALLY want the fire britches but I can't seem to find a dye on the preview that will give the same gold tones as the rest of my set. It all comes across as silver/steel variations. I could go silver/steel as an accent on my other pieces but I can't find a dye that has the same glowy effect. QQQQ

Valar morghulis

I really don't get why ANet let one of the most expensive armor sets (Human T3) available to everyone now at a cheaper price. Pretty crap decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I really don't get why ANet let one of the most expensive armor sets (Human T3) available to everyone now at a cheaper price. Pretty crap decision.
    Is that in the gem store or what?
    edit: Oh yep there it is :O

- - - Updated - - -

Well looks like they took it off...but not before I was tempted :S

Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-11-30 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont you worry xuvial, there's an a-net post regarding the issue~:

"-We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.

-Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.

-We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.

-Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.

-When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's quite an extensive response...but then it was a pretty huge kick in the balls for all humans who bought T3 lol.

I guess I get to flaunt around in it till they update it then. I doubt the new one will be as flashy as this one, but if I don't like it then refund = win/win

Deleted
    I'm also guilty of getting it, even though I already had some T3 pieces. (Gladly not a whole set yet, or else I might have been pissed xD).
    So I took a lot of screenies and I'm enjoying it now until we get something new.

I'm glad with the decision of Anet to take it down and replace it. I personally don't mind that much, but I can completely understand everyone else.
    The next set better be equally as good or a LOT of people will ask for a refund. But I have my doubts they will.

Love the effect, so I'm looking forward to what they make of it.

Just makes me wish they'd have a method for folks to simply add effects to existing armor, really.

Same way I'd prefer if they sold pieces of some of these armors (with discount for full set).

Oh well.

Well, I completed my CoE set for my necro awhile ago and I have to say I'm really disappointed with it. It is not a bright white (when dyed Celestial) like it appeared in previews and it also has annoying 'salmon'-colored areas that cannot be dyed (which also didn't show up in the previews). They may not look that obvious in the screenshots, but they are very noticeable while moving around in game.

As you can see, it appears more of a dull light grey even in daylight. Compare to two of her previous looks, both very bright white (Celestial):

I'm thinking of transmuting the set (since it has the stats I want) with her 'old' cultural set pictured above (I love that set), but haven't quite decided yet. Mostly because transmutation crystals are rare and precious and I'm too cheap to buy them from the gem store (for either RL $ or gold). :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have that set although it's in PvP (Inquest Light, paid tokens) and it definitely isn't a celestial-friendly set. Red colors look pretty nice on it though...

Afaik Blue ice looks pretty white on the COE set but that might have changed.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Crystals onsale today for 25% off, "black friday" deal.

I'm unfortunately not really gifted at taking screen shots. The shading or angle usually ends up weird and my character is always conveniently blinking, so here's a picture of my elementalist in the remodel menu (just because it has a simple background and clarity of lighting). The ele's look isn't complete; I want the entire TA set but am pretty slow at doing dungeons, so this is it for now.

And here's a poorly lit picture of my Norn ranger (I'd take one from the selection screen but her weapon and quiver really are a part of her look that the selection screen (and remodel kit) removes for some reason.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

Deleted
    God damn beautiful job you did with the ranger.

On my side, I changed my necro a bit yesterday and I finally bought the set for my warrior (the red one about 3 pages back).

If only screenies looked as crispy as the game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by summourn View Post
    I'm unfortunately not really gifted at taking screen shots. The shading or angle usually ends up weird and my character is always conveniently blinking, so here's a picture of my elementalist in the remodel menu (just because it has a simple background and clarity of lighting). The ele's look isn't complete; I want the entire TA set but am pretty slow at doing dungeons, so this is it for now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psdc463199.jpg

And here's a poorly lit picture of my Norn ranger (I'd take one from the selection screen but her weapon and quiver really are a part of her look that the selection screen (and remodel kit) removes for some reason.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psce31898f.jpg
    Practice really helps. My first screenshots were awful. The quality was low and I didn't care much about thinking what would look best. The angle, the action, the lighting, environment...

I usually look at colors, lighting and backgrounds. What makes the purple sylvari really pop? I'd say a yellow environment, maybe a red/orange or something dark like Orr. Then I take several screens in multiple angles.
    Your ranger (which looks awesome btw) would pop greatly in lighter area's. However I think she would look great in a dark forest as well, with some moonlight shining on her... I almost wished I could make screenshots of her =D

I haven't seen her headpiece before, what is it?