The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Riv, those are actually the instructions I followed when I installed the program. And it actually works now... I did the most simplest thing and re-started my computer and now it seems to work fine and dandy. Go figure! Thanks for your help Riv and Kelimbror! Now it's time to tweak SweetFX to make the game look even more awesome.
    I always forget that the first answer of any IT/Computer problem is to ask you if you turned it off and back on again. Glad it's working.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It would appear I've had a complete change of heart regarding the Ley Line Staff. Yes indeed, it does appear that way.

Last edited by Karizee; 2014-07-23 at 03:23 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that staff....but I sold it for the moneyz last night. Not sure if I made the right call, but I'm broke and had to.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The unique draw sound effect is what sucked me in

Another thing I didn't appreciate at first was the Incarnate boots, that split knee thingie was just what? What I didn't realize is they have a new kind of dye channel in them, there is a fade effect from the top of the boot to the shoe part. So you can create some interesting effects like light shining from underneath your skirt. Still don't care for the knee, but a longer skirt covers it.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-07-23 at 03:42 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    My necro, trying to look slightly more necro-ish while hanging out in Orr:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    My necro, trying to look slightly more necro-ish while hanging out in Orr:
    One of the few good uses of the Karka Shell I've seen :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    One of the few good uses of the Karka Shell I've seen :P
    Thanks!

Just realized I didn't have the SweetFX running when I took those...meh. I'll have to take more later.

Deleted
    @Karizee: What a cutie character you have~! And I especially love how well all the colors mesh in together. Do you mind sharing what colors those are? ^w^

So I got SweetFX working but it seems like the quality of the screenshots plumets when I try to upload them somewhere. I've tried Imgur and deviantArt but with no luck... At least my game looks prettier now~

Deleted
    @Aveline: I would suggest Flickr, since that seems to be the best to upload your pictures (for free) and to share them. It will also allow you to choose your own size to share, which is great so I won't have to do that in Photoshop. Cause this site cries with big images XD
    You will always see quality loss when uploading sadly =(

I'm glad you got it to work ^^ There could be many issues. Administration issues is a known one (you can solve this by starting your game using right click and choose 'run as admin' if you can't seem to fix the problem itself but still wanna play). Also some said Fraps could cause a problem. And my bf had his games in the wrong program files: the x86 instead of x64. Lol. So I fixed that for him too xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Ty Aveline

Midday, Spring Dew and Sky for the blues.
    White Gold for the metallics, except for the 'wings' on the boots which is Silver.
    Purple Breeze for the pink-ish part on the top.
    Celestial for the belt/strap things and the sheer part between the legs on the skirt.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    @Aveline: I really like her with the glow.

I updated my warrior, was tired of her typical "I'm the standard Arah wearing warrior like any other" look.

I really like the look of your armor, it looks awesome.

Doylak Trader got some gold now looks like pimp yo

back in day when he was selling Doylaks

Last edited by lakisa; 2014-07-23 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I really like the look of your armor, it looks awesome.
    Thank you :3

Obviously I took an extra shiny place to show it off on the screenshot. But I'm really enjoying this look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you :3

Obviously I took an extra shiny place to show it off on the screenshot. But I'm really enjoying this look.
    I like the bright color and sharpness of your preset, but it makes the darks pop less compared to my other one. I'm a complete noob and don't know how to edit that stuff, but it would be ideal for me to merge the two styles. Is there some way for me to take your preset and manually adjust settings that would increase the depth/intensity of the darks while still keeping the brightness and sharpness of color sections that yours has(or simply work with my own from scratch to learn)? I wish the program just had sliders to mess with stuff yourself, but it looks like I need to look at the text files and see what is really going on.

Oh, and since you are familiar with it...can you load say your preset for GW2 into another game just to see what would happen? I'm assuming you can, but I've never tried and don't want to break things.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Yeah sure. You could go to "levels" and change the number from 10 to a higher number. The higher, the darker. Default is 16.

Another option if changing "tonemap" settings. You can lower exposure (into the minus numbers) or lower Gamma (go below 1.000, something like 0.900)

You don't have to close the game when you change settings. Just save the file and go back to your game and look if you like it.

You can use Sweet fx on other games too, but make sure you extract all the files again, exactly where the .exe file is.

Deleted
    Here we go...

Thief exploring Dry Top:

Guardian helping the efforts in Orr:

Deleted
    Oooh your asura looks badass =D I like.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Ty...I've now made myself look at the setting files and actual input on the configurator. I didn't know you could adjust on the fly and see your results in realtime...that is awesome. I spent a lot of time messing up all my presets last night, but I made backups so it's ok. It is very easy to make something bad with sweet fx.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Oooh your asura looks badass =D I like.
    Thanks. I tried to make him quite old and grumpy looking :P