Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ( Edited the post to include ghouls and gargoyles instead of zombies and Nerubians. Death Knights summon these and use them as fodder, so that should be alright, yes? )

The old Mountainking took in his surroundings as the strategist inside him awoke. He had been to Andorhal before, back when it was the proverbial breadbasket of Lordearon. He remembered the streets differently, but the layout remained mostly the same. The Forsaken architecture to the north was unexpected, yet unsurprising. Their expansionism knew no bounds. He noticed the host of Death Knights... and nothing else. Where was their support? Where were their flyers? Come to think of it, where was their usual cannon fodder they used for all their overwhelming tactics? He held up his gauntleted hand.

"Hold yer fire. Somethin' aint..-"

Spotting the Argent Captain, one of the riflemen called out for the Thane. "Sir Thunderbeard, o'er there, headin' te th' City Hall." Chonar turned and saw several adventurers and Argent Crusade troops fighting their way towards City Hall.

"Good eye, Berin. Give 'em cover, lads! Move in!"

The Mountainking took off into a sprint as the Riflemen laid down suppresive fire. Well-aimed shots slowed down several Death Knights as they tried to advance on the group, while the grizzled warrior jumped into the fray. The strategist inside him took the forefront as he observed the situation. Time seemed to slow.

Three Death Knights, 12 o' clock, 3 o' clock, 4 o' clock. All human, 4 o' clock injured on the ribcage.
    His good eye darted from left to right as he gripped his mace and axe tighter.
    12 o' Clock's bladerunes are glowing powerfully. Prioritize highest threat, adjust strategy.
    They were upon him, putrid stench of decay blanking out his sense of smell.
    3 o' Clock's blade notched, scratched in numerous locations. Obviously favors melee attacks primarily. Keep distance.
    The Mountainking dodged the massive, scarred blade as it crashed into the street tiles next to him. He slammed the side of his mace into the helmet of the attacker, stunning him briefly.
    4 o' Clock seemingily undeterred by broken ribcage. Green bile indicative of Unholy preference.
    The Unholy Death Knight swung his blade, sending a bolt of unholy energies the Mountain King's way, the skull-like sphere striking into the shimmering weapons of the warrior.
    Opening, exploit weakness. 12 o' Clock ready to attack. Accept inevitable strike-- correction, rely on squadron.
    The Mountainking sidestepped as the Unholy Death Knight's arms were raised to the side at the apex of his swing. Chonar's axe dug itself into the exposed ribcage, sending green bile spraying. At the same time, the Death Knight with the glowing runes on his blade attacked, but staggered when a double helping of blunderbuss ammo struck him, the impacting bullets freezing onto his armor.
    Followthrough, use the momentum...
    Tugging the axe free from the falling Unholy Death Knight, the Mountainking turned on his heel and struck the staggering Death Knight in the back.
    3 'o Clock regaining senses. Expect attack, exploit daze.
    He ducked as the staggering Death Knight wildly swung behind him, while the formerly-stunned Death Knight charged in, yearning for blood. Both Death Knights' blades swing numerous inches above Chonar's head, only to strike eachother instead.
    Tale ends, close the book.
    Leaping upward, the Mountainking slammed both weapons together-- with the heads of both remaining adversaries stuck inbetween. They slumped down to the bilesoaked streets.

10 seconds had passed. The Mountainking breathed harshly for a moment, before gesturing for his squadron to move in towards the City Hall. He followed.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-28 at 04:56 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

((I must admit, you can write a very good post, Chronar, I'm caught up reading your posts over and over because of their detail. ))

Darren watched the dwarven riflemen in awe. He'd never actually seen them in this sort of action before, and couldn't believe their proficiency in war. Their marksmanship was pinpoint-accurate, their shots hitting every mark.
    Darren cast the spell he had prepared, summoning a huge blizzard just above a small group of death knights. Razor-sharp icicles came hailing down from the dark clouds, piercing saronite armour and flesh, slicing through muscle and crushing bones. His spells were beginning to take their toll on his body, as his breath slowly became ragged, and sweat dripped from his brow. He reached in to his cloak, and withdrew a sapphire gem. Closing his hand around it tightly, he absorbed its energies, and watched as it dissipated, leaving him slightly refreshed. Two left, then I'm out of that source of mana.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Yes, thank you Chonar. And the mountainking is right to be suspicious, /cast evil grin. Anyone else notice how hard it is to type on this site? Geez its skipping most of my letters.))

Adean was also in awe at the dwarves, their aim was impeccible and their bravery in he face of death knights was noteworthy. "Greys! Lend them the might of Lordaeron!" screamed Aldean. The Grey soldiers were nearly finished with a handful of death knights. They peered from their simple plate visors and nodded towards him, "On it sir!"
    The nine warriors jumped into the battle as the Death knights came in front of the dwarves."Push them in! Give the dwarves a mass to shoot at!" They push the knights with their shields, hoping to get them in one spot.Like fish in a barrel.

Aldean noticed the Mountain king and his men regouping to prepare for the town hall's defense. The Greys warriors joined some of the crusaders and took their place feeling the marksman were the best oesto defend Tirion. Alden saluted the Greys as thy thrust themselves into he foray. Light speed everyone.Aldean then made his way towards the town square.
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-08-28 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( I must say, I too quite enjoy the time and detail Chonar uses in his posts. Makes for a good read.))

Chris noticed the by now most of the others had made it to the Town Hall. With only a slight wound to his side, he on a burst of speed in his feline form, and quickly dispatched two Death Knights The first by a quick leap over his guard and in range of his neck, which Chris savagly bit clean off. Quickly spitting out the chunk of undead flesh, he pounced on the second from behind, and this time decapitated the undead knight. One would think they would learn to guard those vital areas. Now at the front lines, Chris leapt over to the group outside the Town Hall, shifting back to worgen form as he turned to face the remaining Death Knights, and proceeded to heal his small side wound. "So, what's going on guys? I was enjoying myself out there." Chris spoke with a wolfish smile.

Jorn had shifted back to his regular Tauren form as more of the group arrived. Healing the small wounds and restoring his allies strength, he was deep in though as to the strange circumstances. As Chris made his way back to the group, the Tauren was gladdened by his friends good humor, knowing thus he was in no way hurt. "There is something strange going on here. Never before have we seen a Scourge force of only Death Knights. They are too precious, in comparison to the near infinate around of ghouls and other fodder at the Lich Kings disposal. Either they underestimated the strength of the crusaders aid, or something more sinister is going on here."
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Chonar is godlike ))

Because he was the shortest guy around, Grimgor could see nothnig but flapping crusade tabars, weapons or shields flailing around, or running legs. "Mess." he said to himself. He remembered the time when he was in Thor Modan.. And the battle of rune giants and earthen. "Rocks. Lightning bolts. Giants. This is nothing." he thought. Still, he was very excited to be facing the full forces of undead for the first time in his life. He had some adventures back in Duskwood, involving undead, but nothing this big. Gargoyles flying around, rifles bustling, big men with big swords clashing at each other..

He felt a strange excitement, but almost immediately extinguished it. He recalled his training days, and his hard discipline took a strong hold of his mind back again. "People need help. Find Lord later." he said to himself, then made his way through the crowd, mostly using his comparingly small frame to avoid attention, and if something came his way he just duck&rolled behind something or someone, avoiding combat totally. He was quite fast because his inner will was strong and he was focused on moving rather than fighting.

A few moments later he reached to the entrance of town hall, standing a few steps away from it, he looked at the post box, and jumped on it to be able to see around. A massive wave of death kinghts and some of their pets were pushing for the gate, which two druids and a mage was stationed in front of to protect. "Reckless." he thought, standing in front of such an attack wave could have been fatal. Looked a bit more around, saw the line of crusaders and some human warriors clashing at the charging wave to cut them off from the gate, and druids mending themselves. Tried to calculate the half-diameter distance he was standing at. "Good." he said.

Then he started chanting, shouting with all his power, for a Divine Hymn. Getting more delirious as he chanted, loudening his voice more and more, he was filled with joy and happiness, holy energies embracing him further as he sing. His hymn covered the entire battle area, mending the wounds and stopping bleedings, re-invigorating the paladins with holy light, also disrupting, deafining and confusing the unholy adversaries of him. Cackling madly between the verses, he was yelling "I am the light! In the darkness!".
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2012-08-28 at 10:02 PM.

Darren noticed many of his allies regrouping in the town square, and finished off his last enemy with a devastating pyroblast. The massive fireball literally turned the death knight to ashes, leaving nothing but a fine, grey powder that was caught in the breeze and blown off.
    He casted another spell, teleporting himself within the Crusader lines, and followed them, unsure of what was going on.

((Sorry it seemed kind of hurried; I'm about to go eat, haha.))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Backed up by the defensive wall of Grey soldiers, the Riflemen retreated towards the City Hall, firing over the shoulders of the soldiers at the advancing Death Knights and keeping them at bay. Soon, all combatants had retreated, except for one.

Chonar took a step towards the City Hall, but something stopped him. A thought.
    These Death Knights aren't usin' their full arsenal. We're wipin' the floor with 'em too easily, as if they're holdin' back... Where's th' chilling frost, th' drained blood? Where's all of that horrible, sinister runic magic that makes 'em so many steps beyond simple footsoldiers?

He turned, and looked back at the two collapsed Death Knights, with the third sprawled face-down a couple of feet away, green ichor leaking from his corpse and soaking into the ground. Chonar narrowed his good eye as he examined the corpses up closer, now that they were no longer coming to kill him. A terrible realisation took root in the old dwarf's brain like a blow to the head.

No..

He looked around, across the ruined streets of Andorhal.

Only Death Knights. No Nerubians. No Abominations. No war machines. No swarms of wild ghouls, brittle skeletons or shambling zombies.

Turning back to the defeated trio, he kneeled infront of the corpses, turning over one of the bodies and tugging an arm aside. The glimmer of an insignia caught his eye as his fears were realized. Tugging the sigil free, he wiped it clean of coagulated, darkened blood and green ichor with his thumb... and his blood ran cold.

The Mountainking recoiled in horror. He scrambled to get to his feet and rushed towards City Hall, the sigil clutched in his fist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldean arrived at the town hall where the adventurers were soon there to meet Tirion, as promised. The Grey noticed that many of them had these unsure looks upon their faces, especially the Mountian King and his company. Aldean knew from experience that dwarves could smell pretty much any ill intention, they were hardy even in that way.

From behind them arrives the Argent captain and some of his crusaders. "Well, well, it seems it was a good idea to hire mercenaries after all." He and his band walk past the adventurers to the town hall. They turn to face them.

Aldean speaks, "Where's Tirion? Shouldn't he be fighting alongside us?" The captain smirks, "He's inside." "Why are there only death knights here? What happened in Heartglen?" The crusader and his company look down to their feet as if they were preparing to give bad news. "I'm afraid--."

Just then, an arrow penetrates his throat. He hisses, quite unlike any man could. The other soldiers are engulfed in black smoke as the adventurers turn towards the shot. "Darced you bastard! How dare you!" says Sylvanas Windrunner from atop a nearby building.

The captain and his soldiers appear from the smoke as undead and thrust themselves at the adventurers. A bellowing laugh ensues as a figure appears from the town hall. "Sylvanas, how nice it is to see you!" Darced the Damncaller comes forth from the old structure. A lich with dark robes, encrusted with red remanants of clothing, head covered by a hood with black hairs dangling from it. "You really shouldn't have come."

"She is not alone monster!" screams a voice followed by the sounds of deathchargers. From behind the hall comes the death knight Darion Mograine and some of his death knights, fresh with the blood of ghouls upon them. "The Scourge will not claim this land, I swear it!" Darion screams. Darced turns to him and his death knights, "My-my, what a twist. Here I thought I was going to win this battle."

"I know all of your tricks Darced, the Scourge can't fool the Banshee Queen!" Darced makes a smirking noise, "You overestimate yourself Sylvanas. I wouldn't come here withough a backup plan."

The town hall erupts as its lifted from the soil by some gargantuan creature. As the soil rises feet above him Darced speaks, "I'd like you to meet the culmination of the Cult of the Damn's work, they call it a Super Abomination." He pauses, "How cliche'."

The monster is a collection of Storm Giant and Vryk'l parts. "We call her, "Tiny. Ironic is it not?" Sylvanas yells, "You think this is enough to stop the Forsaken? And the Ebon Blade?!" Darion charges Darced from his horse, bearing both of his swords at his sides. "No, I don't aim to defeat you now." He thrusts a fireball into Darion who falls off his steed and smashes into the dirt. Sylvanas fires an arrow in response but it's intercepted by a dedicated ghoul. "I can use you later. Have fun taking Andorhal!" He dissapears in cloud of black smoke. "This isn't over Darced!" screams Sylvanas.

As she screams Scourge pour from behind the giant and clashes with the adventurers. Aldean unsheathes his hammers and jumps into the mass. "IM GOING TO KILL THAT BASTARD! NO ONE USES A GREY!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Several rounds of blundershot hail impacted in the wall as they passed through the smoke Darced had left behind, while Chonar held on to the doorpost for balance. The City Hall shuddered, and rose up into the air as it was lifted up by Tiny. The Mountainking grabbed hold of one of the undead's shoulders and tugged it backwards, tossing it out of the door and towards the ground dozens of feet below. It's bony form shattered upon impact as it hit the city road's tiles. Watching Darion and several of the adventurers below, he turned to look straight into the Super Abomination's putrid eyeball.

"TINY LIKES PLAYING HOUSE"

"Gah! We need te get outta 'ere!" Chonar shouted at the adventurers and his contigent still inside the Hall. He leaned out of the doorway, holding tightly onto a doorpost as the building started to crumble in Tiny's hands. The dwarf whistled loudly, calling for his and the riflemens' gryphons that circled above.

The replying cry of the gryphons briefly distracted Tiny.

"TINY PINCH PRETTY BUTTERFLIES"

The gigantic undead creature's third arm, smaller than the two main ones (yet still the size of a large tree) and awkwardly dangling from a shoulderblade, swung at the gryphons as they swooped in. Chonar leapt from the doorway onto Snowbeak, clutching tightly onto the reigns.

The Mountainking called out as the riflemen's gryphons came swooping in. "Those 'a ye that cannae fly, hop on behind me men, or grab 'old of th' talons!"
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-29 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Following the turn of battle, the two druids quickly aid those trapped in the now flying Town Hall to the back of the Dwarven's gryphons. Once all are safe, they quickly shift to their hawk forms and make their way to the battle below. After taking a moment to observe the Scourge on the way down, as they land, Chris laughs to his friend.
    "Well, I sure as oblivion didn't see that coming. At least this has become more entertaining." They take a moment to look at the incoming horde of undead, as well as the so called 'Tiny'. Looking back at each other, they already know what to do.

Watching as the human soldiers rush in a frenzy to sate their thirst for revenge, Chris begins sprinting towards the incoming undead, making sure to stay behind the soldiers. Chris begins shapeshifting, his fur giving way to glossy-sleek feathers, his snout and teeth a beak, his ears antlers, and his lean, muscled frame a large rounded body. His lupine leg shrink, becoming the lean leathery legs of a bird, and his arms two large wings. A moonkin, dark as the night, soon formed in his place, calling upon the power of the moon to smite the undead horde.
    One down, now two, now four, now ten. Oooh, multi-kill. I just love moonbeams, don't you? Chris continues raining down these natural beams of light, incinerating those Scourge unlucky enough to gain the druids attention.

Jorn, on the other hand, stood still. He watched Tiny, formulating a plan as to how to deal with this ginormous behemoth. Looking around as to inspiration to set his plan in motion, he began thinking.
    It will be nearly invincible from the outside, with that massive amount of undead flesh. Somehow, we have to penetrate... As he looked over the dwarven sharpshooters, now firing into the Scourge army, his eyes grew wide.
    Of course! with the power of their blunderbuss, this just might work! He now closed his eyes, meditating, attempting to commune with nature. He knew what he needed, the seeds of the ironwood vine. Pouring his energy into the earth, he spoke out to it, calling out to the Earth Mother.
    'Your children require your aid, Great Mother. An abomination to nature has come before us, and we need your aid to destroy it, restoring balance'. Soon, Jorn felt a wind rush accross the land, carrying with it the soothing scent of the plains. Opening his eyes and looking down, small seeds began growing out of the war-torn earth. Jorn picked one up and examined it, saying a silent prayer to the Earth Mother as thanks.
    "Mountian king! I need the aid of your sharpshooters to bring down this abomination." Jorn shouted with all the power he could put in his voice, trying to get the dwarfs attention. "The Earth Mother has granted us a blessing, these seeds are of the Ironwood Vine, a sturdy plant able to grow in any condition, that loves wrapping it's self upon anything it can reach with it's vines. Your riflemen should be able to use them as ammunition, and plant them deep within the abominations body. There I can control the vines, ripping apart the unnatural beast from the inside out, and leaving him weakened to our blows."
    My RP Characters:

Darren was almost as surprised as everyone else when the massive abomination appeared.
    Almost.
    The arrival of both Lady Sylvanas Windrunner and Highlord Darion Morgraine did shock him, though. They were the last ones he was expecting to see in this Light-forsaken place. Behind him, Morgraine had the Knights of the Ebon Blade to back him up, as did Lady Windrunner have her Forsaken.
    Horde.
    He watched the Forsaken charge the undead and the monstrous abomination they now all faced, and again, he felt fury rising within him. As suddenly as he felt it, it boiled over the top, and he raised both hands.
    Columns of molten lava shot up from underneath the undead forces, incinerating many of them. He tossed two massive pyroblasts at the abomination, but it was barely affected by his spells. He cut off the flow of magic, then summoned numerous mini water elementals. Leaving them to add their own spells to battle, he summoned another Ring of Frost beneath the abomination, succeeding in freezing its feet. It still could move, however, and pretty much ignored Darren's attempts to kill it.
    The young wizard frowned to himself. This isn't going according to plan, he thought, dismayed.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiny wobbled as the adventurers scored hit after hit. The ring of frost at her feet was forcing her to fall ever so slowly. All according to plan my pet. The creature continued to swat at the gryphons screaming in glee as they resembled small insects. "Yagh yagh! Me Loves dis game!"

Aldean smahed into the oncoming ghouls and skeletons, thrusting his hammers in all directions. "Light damn you all!" He screams as ribcages and rotten flesh lie battered before him. He hears a scream of a hawk and stares up to the sky. He sees the druids and the dwarves preparing for some sort of attack. You handle the air, we have the ground. "GREYS! On me!!!" From around him come the sounds of slashing and clangs of metal. After a slight moment, eight of the soldiers arrive. "Where's Michaels?" Dead sir, killed by an Argent wannabe." Aldean looks grimly before him and his eyes glint, "Make them bleed!" The Greys charge forward toward the abomination's foot. We got this!

10+ Year Old Account
    A moment of silence. Grimgor realised things were getting calmer around him. He lowered his hands, and opened his eyes. Obviously his hymn has already been ended. Attack seemed to come to an halt, and adventurers seemed to gather at the doorway of the town hall. All of a sudden, he saw the old dwarven warrior running around in a hurry. "What muscles!" he thought, looking at the mighty thane.

Later he saw a shadowy figure at the top of a building, which shot one of the crusaders dead in an instant. All of a sudden a black cloud covered around him, barely seeing anything even atop the postbox he was standing at. Smoke made breathing hard, and he started coughing, also his eyes burning, bursting with tears. He heard some shoutings, but could not give them a meaning because of the situation he was in. Barely managing to open his eyes, he channeled some holy energies inside him to purify himself of the toxic effects of the gas cloud. As soon as he felt okay, he chanted power words to shield himself immediately, so he could be safe from gas.

As soon as he shielded himself, he heard an huge cracking sound. "What hell?!" he paniced, as the townhall behind him has been lifted up in the air, with many of the adventurers still inside. He even saw one hanging down. His chin dropped, his mouth wide open, he just stood there and stared for a moment. He tried to speak with no avail.

Shattering voice of the disgusting abomination broke his moment of awe. Almost immediately realised that people up there were in immediate danger. Shut his eyes, and forgot about himself. Giving himself totally to discipline and inner focus, mustered all of the holy energies he can, and then focused them under his feet. "Levitate!" he commanded, and almost immediately a cloud of holy energy appeared underneath him, literally carrying him aflight. He then opened his eyes, looked directly upwards, toward the gate where people were stuck, and forced himself flying upwards. Slowly he started gaining height, and speeding up a bit after a while. "Levitate all i can." he said to himself, his dedication was so solid that he was going to do that even if that would left him without enough inner force to land back safely.
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2012-08-29 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Thanks Chon! Reverting to the original post.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Darion and Sylvanas are *exactly* who I'd expect to see in a 'light-forsaken place' if you ask me, Mexy! :V ))

The City Hall crumbled to dust as Tiny's hands crushed it to pieces, rocks and wood raining down towards its' foundations still on the ground. Chonar hopped off of Snowbeak, plate boots impacting on the street tiles with a resounding metal thud. He looked up, watching several Grey soldiers hold on to the talons of the gryphons as his riflemen flew them down, while others, including one of his own men, floated down on a wisp of divine smoke. His eyes narrowed as he saw the young dwarven priest come floating down as well, despite the holy energy cloud already growing thin.

He pointed towards Grimgor, whistling for Snowbeak. The whitefeathered gryphon's wings tossed up dust as she lifted off, swooping under Grimgor in an attempt to catch the priest when his spell would wear off.

"Th' priest got me outta there, sir Thunderbeard." One of the riflemen said as he landed. "I think that accursed giant took out me gryph." The rifleman lamented while reloading his blunderbuss.

"We'll make a tombstone feryer bird outta its' teeth, Korran." The Mountainking said, looking up at the Super Abomination as it waded through rubble, throwing entire chimneys around and shrugging off the encrusting icelayer of Darren's spell. The rifleman ducked, and the mountainking sidestepped, as Tiny's gleeful rampage threw half a fence several yards into the distance.

" ..an king! I need th.. ..our sharpshooters t.. ..omination!"
    Chonar looked around for the source of the voice he heard amidst the battlecries, screams and crashes of debris. Spotting the Tauren, he gestured at his contingent. "Berin, Korran, yer with me. Th' rest o ye, mount yer gryphons and lay down suppresive fire on th' abomination from above. Do NOT stop movin' te get a better shot."
    "Aye!"

Chonar moved over and listened to the druid's tactic. He nodded in appreciation of the Tauren's quick thinking. "Excellent idea, feller. Ye heard the Tauren, lads. Change yer ammo."
    The two riflemen did as instructed with practiced speed and efficiency. They unloaded their blundershot ammo back into their pouches, and reloaded them with the seeds. "Ye sure these wont crack open from th' gunpowder blast, sir?"
    "Trust the druid, lads."

Chonar gestured for Jorn to follow along as the Riflemen hurried to find a position of cover from where they could fire accurately. "From up there!" Chonar pointed. A guard tower had been torn in half, but the foundations and part of the stone stairs still stood. It was a perfect elevated position with a clear shot at Tiny.

Tiny, meanwhile, was having a blast. One of her hooks slammed into one of the Gryphons, the beast and rider sent hurdling into the deep moat surrounding Andorhal, crashlanding with a loud and positivly bonejarring splash.

"BUTTERFLY GO DROWN, HA HA"

The riflemen took careful aim. "Aim fer the seams, lads." Chonar said as he looked up at them and Jorn over his shoulder, defending the doorway to the tower from the surge of Scourge.

"Stop.. movin'... just fer a second, ya big ugly." Berin whispered under his breath, exhaling deeply as he prepared to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-29 at 04:01 PM.

((Haha, oooooh, I get what you're meaning, LOL. Very nice. XD))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grimgor held his breath as he lost his entire focus, his arms flapping around and gesturing up totally out of control, and he started falling down to an inevitable death. In a split second a snow white gryphon, just like his Windy, appeared rigt under him but this one was armored. He landed on the saddle and immediately caught the veins, afraid of falling off the already swift moving animal.

Gryphon made a soft landing right behind the unit of human warriors that were fighting off the scourge wave. He hopped off from the animal, and bended on his knees, his hands also on the ground, facing the earth as he took deep breaths to push back the adrenaline rush. But he was in a battle zone, and in the midst of a fierce combat, where medics would allways be needed somewhere urgently. He heard a human warrior yelling at him.

"Hey! Brother! Priest! Hey! Michaels got hit bad back there! Please have a look at him!" cried the worried man, before countering another deadly blow with his shield and continuing the fight. "No time. Breath!" Grimgor mumbled to himself, getting back up on his legs and started running to the direction warrior gestured. After a while, he found the body of the Grey fighter amidst a pile of undeads, death knights and crusade tabarded what-nots. He kneeled before the warrior, and gasped for breath. He tried to concentrate, and in mere moments could catch his inner calm again.

Priest pulled the body out of the corpses and started inspecting it carefully. Deep, gushing wounds, probably made by ordinary blade. A blunt mark, at the right side of the rib-cage. Possible damage to the lung. Further signs of internal bleeding in right lung, looking at the mouth full of blood. Other body parts seem intact. No signs of disease or scourge corruption. No body parts chopped or removed.

After careful examination, he touched the forehead of the fallen warrior. He was still partially hot, getting colder by the minute. Grimgor realised that he was still saveable, but obviously it was a no-go with only bandages. He needed holy power, and a large amount of it. Unfortunately, he used his last bit of energy to the air show he called levitation, and he was already exhausted due to the long trip without sleep. Desperately he looked around, and found no solution..

But one. His hand reached to his satchel, and as he grasped the old skin, he remembered his master, Brother Sona's words: "Never give yourself in to alcohol. It strenghten the spirit but weakens the mind, and a clear mind is what you need when you are awake. But allways carry some holy water with you, and use it in your time of need. To keep it more durable, we usually mix it with some wine.".. He raised the skin and drank half of the wine in a few gulps.

Holy energies bursted through his body as he felt a warm feeling creeping towards his entire body from his heart. He raised his hands, praying to the Light, then channeled his energies to the broken body. It was dim at first, then a light infused the entire body and started getting brighter and brighter, covering all of the wounds of the warrior. But in the middle of his channeling, Grimgor realised that he could not focus enough, partially due to his tireness and partially because of the alcohol's effects, so he immediately changed his mind, focusing all of the remaining energy on the single fatal point: To the broken ribs and right side lung. By the time he was about to lose concentration to maintain channelling, he saw the leg of the warrior twitch. He stopped, and warrior started coughing rest of the blood that was still inside his throat and renewed lung. He opened his eyes and tried to get up but started moaning as blood surged out of his many wounds. Grimgor, realising his spell only partially fixed the unfortunate man, severed his robe's tails, and immediately started patching the man's wounds with them. "Must stop bleed. Still wounds open." he murmured, making very tight knots as he finished bandaging him.

Seeing that he managed to save the unfortunate man, he kindly dragged him on a tabard he cut off from a corpse, and dragged him further out of combat, under a tree. He gave him a sword he found on the ground, but badly wounded warrior passed out because of the pain he sustained. "He will live." Grimgor thought. Looking around, while it was a bit blurry, he saw some dwarven warriors and the large tauren druid entering an old tower across the street. He looked up, and saw that the gigantic abomination was advancing towards that tower. Sensing great danger that could befall on them, Grim rushed off to the tower.

((Sorry for the long post, but surgical operation is never an easy thing ))
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2012-08-29 at 07:48 PM.

((Neither is slowly flash-freezing a giant abomination. ))

Darren, as the battle raged, simply fired frostbolt after frostbolt at Tiny, all the while trying to come up with a plan to take her down. I hate undead.

((Gotta go to work. Just wanted to post one last thing, for some reason. Lol.))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((I have to agree, the darker the better for those two. Oh, and long posts are fine, so much more detail in them, so much more fun to read! And if that's what you call freezing, I want to see what you call thawed... :P))

Jorn was glad the dwarven mountian king had understood and changed tactics so quickly. However, noticing the troubles the sharpshooters were having aiming, he began getting worried.
    We can't remain up here all day. Too many have already fallen buying us time.There must be something we can do... The Tauren took advantage of his new position above the battlefield to look over it, and observe. The various adventurers, soldiers, and crusaders were managing to hold their own against the unyeilding hordes of Scourge, but only just barely. Even Chris' moonbeams were beginning to dim as the darkness of the Scourge enveloped the land. And the longer the abomination stayed in the fight, the more we lost. The battlefield was already filled with bodies, those of the unlucky souls who had fallen and of the Scourge, who's rotten flesh was already piling up. Looking over towards where the fighting began, the bodies of the Death Knights were beginning to attract all manners of flesh eating bugs and insects. Even the vultures were flying high, waiting for the battle to end to eat their fill. But what could...

Wait a minute... That's it! Using an old druid trick, Jorn called upon the force of nature to carry his words through the wind, directed at his fellow druid.
    "CHRIS! Move back towards the old watch tower. I need your help in holding back the Scourge and holding our big friend still, so the dwarfs can get a good shot at it."

Chris knew he was in trouble. His moonbeams were slowly loosing power. The corruption of the Scourge was killing the natural energy in the area, and creating a darkness in the air that blocked out light. Just as he was preparing to change tactics and go find out what was keeping his friend so long, he felt the rustle of the wind, and the voice of Jorn. Worried at what would require the energy of two druids, Chris quickly collected all the natural light and energy he could, creating one last ray of light. Trying to enlarge it as much as he could, Chris called called the power down right on the front lines of the Scourge. Where the undead had been standing, they were now melting away, allowing the crusaders behind to catch their breath. Several more mindless Scourge jumped in to replace their fallen comrades, vaporizing on contact with the light. Smiling, Chris shifted forms, keeping his feathers, wings, beak, and talons, but shedding the extra weight and antlers. Soon he was flying as a dark hawk towards the guard tower, flying as fast as he could muster in the cold, dead air.

The undead had found them in the tower. Jorn was using his staff to keep back the ghouls attempting to run up the tower, occasionally calling upon the fury of nature to shoot a small, powerful blast if the managed to group up. He grimaced, hearing the dwarfs mutter to themselves, still unable to get more than a rare successful shot at the moving target's seams. They were starting to run through the seeds, and they needed all the vines they could muster to stop the abomination.
    Where is that blasted worgen, he should be here by now... Not surprisingly, as if right on cue, Jorn noticed a black hawk settle on the wall above him, before hopping to the floor and turning into it's regular worgen form.
    "About time. We need to work fast. Help me gain control of the flesh eating insects, we will use them and their love of rotten flesh to hold back the Scourge advance and hopefully get 'Tiny' to stop stomping around." Summoning one last wave of natural energy, Jorn released a shock wave to knock back all Scourge climbing or around the guard tower.

"Mountain King, you have heard my plan. Please take a turn guarding keeping the Scourge off of us, and soon we shall have the shot your shooters need." The two druids then proceeded over to the other side of the guard tower, calling forth the natural energies to call the swarms of insects to battle against the Scourge.
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-08-29 at 08:18 PM.
    My RP Characters:

10+ Year Old Account
    Chonar looked incredulously at the tauren and worgen. As they headed over to the other side of the tower to put their plan into motion, the grizzled warrior turned back to face the onslaught of Scourge. He had learned long ago to have faith in druids, mages, and other spellcaster's peculiar notions... but still.

"Bugs. Yer plan is bugs." He murmured to himself.
    He slammed his mace into the back of a skeletal skull, crushing it against the side of the tower.
    "Maybe it'll give it the wee jibblies!"
    He twisted around, his axe crackling with lightning as it cleaved a ghoul's midsection in two.
    "Perhaps later on, we kin slap the big ugly with a fish, too!"
    He leaned back, kicking a ravenous scourgehound in the teeth, sending it carreening down the stairs leading up the tower.

He spotted the priest approach the tower in a hurry, yet at the same time, he heard the cries of his riflemen. Tiny had spotted them and was making its way towards the tower.

"Wha'ever yer plannin, ye better hurry!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The two druids toned out the angry dwarf. They were both in a meditative state, seeking to combine their natural energies in order to rouse the spirits of nature. Only with their aid are they able to control the various beings of nature. After several moments, the scourge corruption threatening to sever the natural energies at any time, the two made contact. Soon, with the power of nature back on their side, the druids were able to call out to the insects.

The dwarf may not understand these creatures, but they should be able to make the Scourge's un-life a lot more.... uncomfortable. Chris thought with a grin.

Soon, the sounds of buzzing filled the air. Even over the sounds of battle, the sounds of metal on bone, of bone on wood, of men crying out, and the dead's ravenous shouts, the sound of tiny wings filled the wait. The vibrations caused were enough to destroy glass. Because of the amount of rotten flesh always present on this side of the Plaguelands, millions of these flesh eating insects has settled here. And as nature called them, they responded. Ignoring the tough, warm, to sweet tasting living, the bugs swarmed over the undead. In moments, the front lines of the Scourge disintegrated as the insects feasted on the undead flesh. Yet still more bugs came, from all corners of the Plaugelands, to feast on Scourge flesh. The druids managed to direct the majority to the abomination, who had wandered dangerously close to the guard tower.

"Whut these little... OUCH! Little things hurt! Bad little things! No play nice!"

The abomination, now distracted by the swarms, no longer sought to play with the toys it sought out before. Waving it's massive arms around, the abomination stood still, still shouting and trying to swat the insects.

"Stop that! I no want play with you!"

Chris began laughing hysterically, watching the abomination wave it's arms as the insects surrounded it. Jorn smiles as well, before turning to the dwarves. "Well my friends, it might still be moving, but not nearly as much. Would you kindly plant those seeds for us before this battle grows any older?"

((As a side note, I do believe Darion and Sylvanas got stuck in some sort sort of stasis. Though I think it may be best to leave them there for the time being. Wouldn't want accidentally hurt them, y'know? ;D ))
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-08-29 at 09:13 PM. Reason: forgot quotes in hurry >.>
    My RP Characters: