Thread: best/worst

best/worst

What do you think the best/worst thing about the changes in MoP for rogues is going to be?

Not having to buy poisons anymore and the worst is having a trim down bare bones spec.

Deleted
    Best changes: Poisons, Bandit's Guile

Worst changes: Sanguinary Vein for Sub, and not to forget... The fact that we haven't seen any real gameplay changes. The specs all play the same as they did in Cata, with the exception of Sub, which has taken one step forward and two steps back instead of advancing into a proper PVE spec.
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-08-25 at 01:41 AM.

Best changes: Garrote nonpositional, swirly ball, baseline 15% move speed, bandit's guile, poisons as buffs, paralytic poison, shuriken throw, deadly brew on pvp set
    Worst changes: Prep/burst/shadowstep -> or generally bringing 2008 tech into a world with every other melee having like a 15 second gap closer. Also, talented deadly throw.

Fun changes: New minor glyphs
    Kinda Lame changes: Losing glyph of revealing strike, sang v., loss of improved sprint and deadened nerves, loss of improved throw, loss of combat's kit, loss of ranged weapons, anticipation being an unambiguous dps increase, loss of sub's identity, cheat death still balanced like every rogue gets it nearly free in pvp, and therefore it still sucks. Cripple nerf will have long term ramifications, which the devs will incorrectly interpret as other rogue specs being too good in pvp, as landing backstabs on melee will be as much of a chore as landing them on a mage.

not played beta, so pure guess, but:

Best changes: Fun glyphs, aoe stealth for arena openers and blazing speed.
    Worst changes: removing positional gouge/garrote...good for those with lag, reduces skill for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    changes?
    What changes?

Deleted
    The worst is the realization that we may never move away from high passive damage due to PVP issues. If our combo builders and finishers hit very hard, people will cry again that they get jumped when they are at 40% and killed or that our burst is big in general. The only difference between any other class doing it versus us is that they don't see us coming (ferals can also do it).

I really don't get what's the point of Elusiveness. A no CD ability that reduces damage taken by 30% seems totally out of place, like an excuse to not have to work in the general endeavour of the class, of moving away from survival and passive damage into burst and mobility as it should be. Again, why do we have such a skill?

Other things that I'd add into the worst category :

-Lots of useless glyphs that were ported from Cataclysm (or Wrath) to MOP without a second thought. I'm thinking about doing a class per class comparative to see how many glyphs were changed for the other classes and how many for us. Fun glyphs? We got the short end of the stick again. If at least glyph of disguise didn't break on combat...

-Uninspired talents. If you take away the first tier (the best one and how all of them should have been designed), the rest are either old talents or rehashed old ones. The only original thing is Paralytic Poison, which I fear will never see the light due to being a random stun and the root quickly DRing itself. This is not even mentioning the PVE aspect of the talents. Also, poisons in different tiers, deadly throw in the survival tree, stun talents in different tiers, etc. Totally random.

-Dispatch has same icon and sound as backstab. Shadow Walk, easily the laziest new spell among all classes, doesn't even have sound, animation, spell effect, nothing (EDIT: I just noticed that the icon is the same as Enveloping Shadows). Only Shadow Dance got an animation update (that I remember). Shadow Blades look too bland. What is going on? At least Crimson Tempest looks fine.

-CDs being based around having preparation...when taking preparation means you could be missing shadow step or especially burst of speed.

-Sanguinary Vein not being triggered by hemo.

In general, too little work in the rogue class.

The best? Garrote not having a positional requeriment and Bandit's Guile being on the rogue. Deadly Poison having only one stack is a great change also.
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2012-08-25 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    What changes?
    QFT....
    (10chars)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok.

Best: Its Still wow.

Worst: ITS STILL WOW!

/End rant

Ok seriously the real issue i have is they will slowly really really really slowly patch in content, while causing tons of imbalance and problems then promise to fix them in the next expansion.

Best: Um... I quite like the fact that Shadowstep can be obtained by any spec.

Worst: No real changes just removal of ability, terrible talents, subpar damage, subpar pvp, bad glyphs, bad rotations and we now have even less utility.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Best: Um... I quite like the fact that Shadowstep can be obtained by any spec.

Worst: No real changes just removal of ability, terrible talents, subpar damage, subpar pvp, bad glyphs, bad rotations and we now have even less utility.
    QFT

Nothing much else to add

Deleted
    Prep (((((