Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Horde races at MoP

Hello - My question is simply are the pandas gonna be the best race for horde rogues ? Because of the double food benefit..

Deleted
    They'll be best for both factions. Strictly PvE though. It's a good money strategy by Blizzard.

i love undead, they look real cool!

I'm hoping the new undead racial will prove to be the best, undead females are my favourite rogue race. They be doin' flips 'n' shit.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I still find it funny that pandaren can be rogues. Funny, yet awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Undead might pull pretty far ahead, as fast as Rogues attack, since they'll be proccing TOTG like mad.

due to the icd, i don't think this will happen

Def. agree that undead may be the way to go. Only time will tell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenchi View Post
    due to the icd, i don't think this will happen
    I thought it was determined to have no ICD and a straight 20% proc chance?

Troll Racial is still a really strong CD for any rogue. I wouldnt discount the trolls, the expertise benefit from orcs will also be a strong factor for combat rogues with dual fist weapons being viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    That seems far too powerful tbh, can't imagine it not having an ICD.. too much damage AND healing imo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illisar View Post
    Troll Racial is still a really strong CD for any rogue. I wouldnt discount the trolls, the expertise benefit from orcs will also be a strong factor for combat rogues with dual fist weapons being viable.
    Leaving the use-racial aside, the 5% passive damage increase against beasts is actually incredibly strong for a racial, isn't it? Granted that beast bosses are few and far between... But still. That's quite a bit of additional damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Right. Keep Dreaming.

Deleted
    Just did a LFR at beta with undead rogue and TOTG was at the bottom of my dmg moves so i guess its not better than double food buff racial from pandas (always talking about pve)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerya View Post
    Just did a LFR at beta with undead rogue and TOTG was at the bottom of my dmg moves so i guess its not better than double food buff racial from pandas (always talking about pve)
    Do you have a log?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Do you have a log?
    Not to be one rail minded here. I don't think anything will beat the extra 300(?) agility on the food buff we'll be getting. That's like another ring.

However not to dismiss it. I would also appreciate some logs to see the actual damage output. It'd be nice to debate TOTG vs 300 agility and get our minds off the doom train of shite coming in two days.
    Last edited by mmoc696434f4ef; 2012-08-26 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    Not to be one rail minded here. I don't think anything will beat the extra 300(?) agility on the food buff we'll be getting. That's like another ring.

However not to dismiss it. I would also appreciate some logs to see the actual damage output. It'd be nice to debate TOTG vs 300 agility and get our minds off the doom train of shite coming in two days.
    I hope rings at level 90 don't have 300 agility. I'm getting more than that out of my level 85 rings. Blue rings at level 90 are over 500 and the 516 heroic elite ring is over 800.

That said there are pros and cons to all racials--even the pandaren ones. 300 agility is really really good--until you die. Granted, you shouldn't be dying, but have you ever wiped at 1% after having died at some point (ie, lost all your buffs) and been battle rezzed.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-08-26 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I hope rings at level 90 don't have 300 agility. I'm getting more than that out of my level 85 rings. Blue rings at level 90 are over 500 and the 516 heroic elite ring is over 800.

That said there are pros and cons to all racials--even the pandaren ones. 300 agility is really really good--until you die. Granted, you shouldn't be dying, but have you ever wiped at 1% after having died at some point (ie, lost all your buffs) and been battle rezzed.
    My point about the food buff was misleading. When i said it was like an extra ring i meant it when it was the total 600. I'm in total agreement about the death situation. It can and does happen to a lot of Rogues circle jerking Tott and hunter's being lazy on threat dumping onto tanks. I think that just means my guild's hunters are lazy SoB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    My point about the food buff was misleading. When i said it was like an extra ring i meant it when it was the total 600. I'm in total agreement about the death situation. It can and does happen to a lot of Rogues circle jerking Tott and hunter's being lazy on threat dumping onto tanks. I think that just means my guild's hunters are lazy SoB's.
    I agree that it's a strong racial.

That said, I was merely playing devil's advocate (I'll often argue against points I agree with just to promote insightful discussion). It's a very good racial, but not good enough to convince me to race change (I've been a troll rogue since I created the character).

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Leaving the use-racial aside, the 5% passive damage increase against beasts is actually incredibly strong for a racial, isn't it? Granted that beast bosses are few and far between... But still. That's quite a bit of additional damage.
    There were 2 "beasts" in Cata (Beth and Chimaeron), 2 fights in Wrath (NRB and Maexxna in Naxx), 1 in BC and a much larger amount in Vanilla. It's not really a valid reason to pick troll. The CD is really the base of comparison and honestly it seems like the new Panda racial beats out Orc expertise/cooldown, Goblin haste/jump, Troll cooldown/beast, new undead, and blood elf.