Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    They're down because I'm having my BBQ now and couldn't play anyways <.<

But it's odd that the ISPs are the ones having problems. Never had that in the other big MMO launches I witnessed.
    Like tors 5 hour queues or the fact that uldum on wow crashed for a week straight and had server upgrades close to or after bc ( cant quite remember )
    Diablo 3s error 32s im shore there is quite alot more to that list
    Last edited by Window; 2012-08-25 at 02:28 PM.
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    I highly doubt that its a hacker attack
    more likely high stress from the people trying to log on
    some of which are crying on facebook for their money back
    Wow thats funny lol. imo its worth every penny i bought CE physical, and i cant wait for my statue and stuff.

Let them get their money back, most likely people that would have quit anyways because of some stupid ideal its going to be a WoW killer and in the end they just want anther WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like tors 5 queue queues or the fact that uldum on wow crashed for a week straight and had server upgrades close to or after bc ( cant quite remember )
    I remember the funniest crash bug in wrath was every 2 hours when winter grasp started the world server crashed.
    Even if no one qued.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    Let them get their money back, most likely people that would have quit anyways because of some stupid ideal its going to be a WoW killer and in the end they just want anther WoW.
    Most ppl want another guild wars, and others want a new game not a new wow but something fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Wow thats funny lol. imo its worth every penny i bought CE physical, and i cant wait for my statue and stuff.
    I hope so maybe they have my names which i couldnt get o.O
    had to edit that post damn you Kouki caught me
    Last edited by Window; 2012-08-25 at 02:31 PM.
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im assuming you guys realize that the data center in in Texas for NA. But on a side note Im willing to forgo any issues since this is indeed a headstart and they brought the servers up an extra early.

My company has several production and development servers in the Seattle area. I know nothing, absolutely nothing, about ArenaNet's architecture. But all of our servers in the area are operating fine with no apparent (obvious) performance issues.

If it's a broader network issue, it's not effecting everyone in that area.

Probably not related AT ALL but my ISP is down in Meriden, CT right now. I can't even look at pron while I'm waiting for the servers to come back up, GOSH!

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    They're down because I'm having my BBQ now and couldn't play anyways <.<

But it's odd that the ISPs are the ones having problems. Never had that in the other big MMO launches I witnessed.
    Blizzard spent months working with individual ISP's. I remember them asking for traceroutes from certain states and providers. They eventually got it all worked out, but it took time. That's the kind of stuff the stress tests and betas are supposed to uncover, but no beta can match the actual go live traffic, even if it is a 3 day head start. Imagine if they just went live on the 28th? The 3 day head start was a good move. We just have to be a little patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn View Post
    Im assuming you guys realize that the data center in in Texas for NA. But on a side note Im willing to forgo any issues since this is indeed a headstart and they brought the servers up an extra early.
    Well, there you go.

Form what I have learned from reading many peoples comments on many sites and listening to them in real life, their tired of WoW but want a better wow. Not saying all but a lot think like that which leaves no room for something truly fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its working now!

Deleted
    nope. not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    nope. not for me.
    Me neither. :I

Deleted
    This is quite ironic... Diablo 3 and all...

Nevertheless, hope your servers are on soon

not for me either (europe)

Maybe this post will help stop the god awful crying by what I assume are mostly adults. Not every problem is the companies fault, somethings are just out of their hands.
    It's funny, because they are probably the same people that play WoW, or played it, and WoW ALWAYS has crashing problems after an expansion or big patch, so you'd think everyone would just be used to it by now. The game JUST released, give it time, people.

Deleted
    You've clearly done your research into GW2, bravo.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 04:16 PM ----------

some of which are crying on facebook for their money back
    I still don't understand how, in this day and age, people don't expect this. Pretty much every game release has problems with login servers. The fact is, in the first few days of a launch, any game is going to have way more people than usual logging into the game. Made up number, but I'd guess around 10 times as many people as usual will all be trying to login at the same time. If a game's going to be running for several years with the same login servers, why would they invest in servers powerful enough to hold a launch day, when they're never going to experience that kind of capacity again, not even close?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Or, you know, overflow isn't applying to login and the millions of people trying to login are potentially flooding it, as happens with almost every major release? Even if overflow is working on login, it's most likely not going to work for the database servers (you have a login server to process auth details and another server or cluster to handle databasing to prevent your databases being visible on the front-end). The sheer amount of traffic from "prerelease preview" is expectantly high and it's causing issues.

It depends entirely on the setup. They should have more than 4 servers, yes, but if you're referring to datacenters, then they could potentially have 50+ in each. You don't buy a single server in a datacenter. If you only need a single server, you go through a third party as it's cheaper (and often, you'd go into Cloud due to the potential savings you can make). You buy a cluster when you go with a datacenter.

If you're referring to routers (since the line before it refers to them), then less routers = lower ping. These aren't the routers you've seen sat under your desk or wherever. These are routers designed to handle massive throughput. The function similar, but their firmware and hardware is designed with much higher utilization in mind than a consumer router.
    I meant the ip's you can traceroute, so the large nodes of the net.