Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question New Mage Portals?

I've heard nothing of this yet. I'd like to see a couple new Mage Portals added for both Pandaria and these Old World areas:

• Ashenvale (both factions)
    • Winterspring (both factions)
    • Silithus (both factions)
    • Light's Hope Chapel (both factions)
    • Acherus DK Return Portals to SW/Org (Might as well)
    • Aerie Peak (Alliance)
    • New Kargath (Horde)
    • Gadgetstan (both factions)
    • Ramakhen City return portals to SW/Org (Might as well)

That's just me though. Thoughts?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I've heard nothing of this yet. I'd like to see a couple new Mage Portals added for both Pandaria and these Old World areas:

• Aerie Peak (Alliance)
    • New Kargath (Horde)

No.
    Traveling is fine as it is, there isn't any need to make it easier.
    That exactly what blizzard is trying to move away from.

Deleted
    I am with Soratrox on this one. You got the ability to use flyings mounts, use them.

Can you please explain why do you think we need these portals?

only one we would really need is the dk return portals. it really sucks going to learn an ability just to fly 10+ minutes back to your factions capital city, when the other 9 (soon to be 10) classes of the game have trainers right in those cities. this will affects our reforges and respecs. I say this because your hearth is not always ready to be used.

The only new portal needed is one to southern Kalimdor for the Alliance. I hope it's Feathermoon Stronghold.

Deleted
    The only change I'd expect would be removal of Portal:Stonard (because alliance probably lose Theramore portal). There's a portal to nearby Dark Portal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    The only change I'd expect would be removal of Portal:Stonard (because alliance probably lose Theramore portal). There's a portal to nearby Dark Portal anyway.
    According to th front page, mages will still have a port in Dustwallow.

The only useful suggestion in this is probably the one of Gadgetzhan. I think that might be useful. As far as i know there is no travelroute back to Orgrimmar/Stormwind from the southern Kalimdor beside the regular flight masters. Or instead adding a portal to Gadgetzhan you can add a portal to Caverns of Time too. I thing one of those two are actually useful locations to have a portal.

Others are not that useful actually.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-08-25 at 07:03 PM.

Ashenvale is around thirty seconds' flight from Orgrimmar.. not needed. And there's already portals to Uldum.. Gadgetzan and Silithus seem pointless.

The only thing I can think of would be a quick way of getting back north without having to Hearth.

There's already portals to Twilight Highlands, which is pretty centrally located.

I don't really see the need for anything else. As pointed out already, there's plenty of other ways of getting around, same ones we've been using for years.

Why stop there just add portals to every zone in wow for mages! Archaeology would be a whole lot less frustrating with that change anyway.

While we're at it, we may as well make blink let mages travel to adjacent zones instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Ashenvale from Stormwind of Ironforge is quite the journey. Granted, we have Darnassus, but still...
    Allies don't count.. lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde really should get a new "extra" portal. Porting to Stonard is incredibly useless seeing as there is a portal to the Dark Portal in the capital cities.

I think a portal to Badlands would be better. It gives Horde easier access to the middle of Eastern Kingdoms, and I'm pretty sure there is a "fortress" for Horde players in Badlands. Having anywhere Southern Eastern Kingdoms is pointless, as we already have STV zeppelin.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2012-08-25 at 07:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

• Aerie Peak (Alliance)
    • New Kargath (Horde)

You have a flying mount...use it.

-Horde portal to Kargath in Badlands. (Stonard/twilight Highlands is still a journey's away if you need to go to Blackrock Mountain for stuff like Archaeology) Alliance have a portal to pretty much the middle of EK with Ironforge. Horde do not.
    -Alliance portal to Feathermoon in Feralas (Dustwallow/uldum is a hell of a hike if you have dig sites in Desolace/stonetalon/feralas) Horde have a portal to pretty much the western middle of kalimdor with TB (eastern is covered by orgrimmar), alliance do not.

-Alliance portal to Aerie Peak in Hinterlands (WPL/EPL is still a journey from Twilight Highlands, Horde at least can take the zeppelin to Tirisfal) Horde has a portal to northern EK with undercity/zeppelin, alliance do not.
    -Horde Portal to umm.... Horde get one less portal coz alliance favortism man. (I was just out of ideas)

Flying 2-3 zones over between portaling in and my next dig site is still a lot of AFK time be it via 310% speed of a Flight Path. 1-2 zones is ok.

A return portal for the Archerus Death Gate would be nice, as would a return portal from Ramakahen.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-08-25 at 08:12 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    I agree on the return from Acherus one, everything else should be fly-able.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea is bad.

All I'm curious about is when the mage portals to Pandaria will be put in. Everything else is flyable.

Deleted
    There will most likely be portals to new Pandaria zones, but having all of these portals would just be to ridiculous. Blizz are trying to get people out of cities and into the world, giving people the ability to stand in orgrimmar/stormwind and ask mages for a portal to anywhere around the world contradicts this.