Post Veltharion Goldfeather (BIO)

Name: Veltharion Goldfeather
    Race: Blood Elf
    Class: N/A

Languages: Thalassian

Faction: Horde (Formerly the Silverdawn Kingdom)

Personality: A silent fellow, with not much to say. Does what his leader tells him.

Likes/Dislikes: Not much of either , but attempts to avoid conflict as much as possible.

Appearance: Wears a grey shirt, and leather pants. He has short daggers, but can still kill a Raptor. In the right hands. On-duty, he wears typical gaurd wear, with a long sword and medium-sized shield.

Strengths/Weaknesses: He is not very strong, or brave, but he makes up for it by being a master strategist. He takes every possibility in account. Even the most impossible. How, even he is not sure. When asked, he just says it comes naturally to him.

History: Veltharion Goldfeather used to live on a remote Island located just to the left of Kalimdor, named the Silverdawn Islands. These Islands were founded by Thalvarian Silverdawn just after the Cataclysm, when he wanted to break free from the Horde Faction and other Blood Elves to create the Peaceful and Neutral Silverdawn Kingdom. It's small, but Thalvarian hopes to gain more citizens and gaurds. Veltharion moved there about 5 months after it's creation, for a fresh start. Soon, Garrosh sent some Warships over to the Islands to find out their state. When the Leader, Thalvarian, told them the Silverdawn Kingdom's Intentions, Garrosh was not convinced. Being as he is, Garrosh did not want ANYONE to betray the Horde by sending info to the Alliance, so they sent an Elven Mage to cast a powerful spell on the Islands, allowing no one who enters to leave. The Island stood for 1 year in solitude, at what point, a highly-expirienced mage somehow broke the spell and snuck inside the Throne Room, and killed the Lord. Then, he began setting off explosives, warning the citizens to escape. They all ran for the Escape Boats. Veltharion, though, wanted to attempt to stop these attacker. He found the Mage, who was a Night Elf. The Elf glared at Veltharion, and Veltharion, being smart, decided not to mess with him, and rushed to the escape boats, but the only one left was a rusty old hunk of metal, with everyone else gone. It would have to do. Veltharion, after 2 days on the boat, ended up in Stranglethorn. Having nowhere else to go, he made shelter, found food and a clean source of water, and slept there for the night. The following day, he set off to find a town. He traveled long and far, fighting monsters with his bare hands, soon finding daggers from a Troll attacking him. He managed to reach Booty Bay, stayed there for the night, took the boat to Ratchet, and made his way to Orgrimmar. He convinced Garrosh to allow him to stay in Orgrimmar, which wasn't easy, but he still managed to get a home and a job as an Assistant to the Cook in Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by The Devious Chicken; 2012-08-28 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Lore Changes
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:
    Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking |

10+ Year Old Account
    So just a few things.

1. You have him being born on these Silverdawn Islands yet you have the islands themselves being founded less than two years ago.

2. You don't have any kind of training listed and being a master strategist definitely would require a lot of learning.

3. He also tried to stop this Goblin and Troll from killing everyone on the island, yet you have him not being very brave. Kind of a 180 there, unless you meant that this experience caused him to be more timid.

4. You say he dislikes the Horde but lives in their capitol and works as a guard for Silvermoon. (Another thing here. Transportation is not instant like in game and portals aren't so common. Such a situation just doesn't seem feasible with him being a refugee turned lowly guard.)

5. How did he operate the gyro-chopper (These things require an expertise that normal mounts do not) all the way to stranglethorn? Literally the other side of the world and then manage to crash it? Typically Blood Elves are not an engineering race and this in particular would need some clarification to me on who exactly trained him.

Just a lot of missing or conflicting information here >.<
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-08-25 at 07:43 PM.

@Nonfictionless
    Some points I want to state:
    1. At first, I was intending him to be a traveler, traveling to find a place that would accept him. But, I decided against it, and simply forgot to edit that part.
    2. Yes, the expirience with the Goblin and Troll made him not very brave, scared from battle.
    3. I have NO idea how a Gyrochopper works, but I'm just saying this to everyone, the Gyrochopper the Goblin and Troll had was simple, and easy to figure out. Just for the sake of convinience.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 07:33 PM ----------

Also, thanks for the help.
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:

In terms of a Gyrocopter being simple... that seems like a bit of a cop out, don't you think? That doesn't really make much sense... it's a complex machine. I don't really see it being very... believable, considering that even early versions of planes (which are the most comparable real-life version of the gyrocoptor) took significant amounts of training to pilot. Plus, I don't really like inferring things from in-game mechanics, but one could argue that the fact that only engineers can use gyrocoptors is BECAUSE only engineers have the technical expertise to pilot them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think your idea with the islands needs some work, particularly when it comes to their interaction with other factions. You say they are peaceful and neutral. Fine. However, they have defected from the whole of blood elf society and the Horde itself. I have a hard time imagining they would remain unharassed; for all the Horde knows, they could have insiders and be selling secrets to the Alliance.. What motivation does Garrosh have not to crush them? If he sent warships out to them and they essentially said "yeah we're not with you guys anymore we're totes neutral lol" I seriously doubt the Horde response would be "oh lol sorry to bother you then."

I also wonder why, if he left the Horde and the blood elves on purpose, he would go right back and even start working for them - and if there was any history of him having defected, why he would not be pursued for treason.

Yeah, I have to side with Syn and Maddy here.

Piloting a flying machine (Which is very similar in propulsion and appearance to a gyrocopter) requires more than expert engineering skill. Also I would guess a two day flight without refueling is also rather unlikely.

Also Garosh not declaring war on the island seems totally out of character for him to me. Not only does he have little respect for the Bloodelves and forsaken to begin with, making being gratitous unlikely, but he also instructs his generals to treat every instance of "cowardice" harshly. The relief of duty after the Taurajo incident comes to mind. If they were even defecting, I would assume the punishment would be death for sure, seeing as it is basically breaking the Blood Oath of the Horde. I would simply ommit Garrosh even knowing of this, easy fix for the problem imho.

Changed it so the Gyrochopper and the Two Attackers are out of the picture. Now it's just a Night Elf Mage, and he took a boat. I still don't see what's so difficult about operating a Gyrochopper, it's main HUD is small, so it's probably just a steering wheel and a few other buttons, that you can easily figure out. Hell, the Goblin could've made it easy. I don't know, but, since everyone was calling it out, I decided to remove it entirely.
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing: