Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb First Aid could benefit from a revamp

Mind you this would also mean dipping into Alchemy and Engineering a bit as well xD

Right now the only thing it's really used for is making bandages and let's be honest, most folks don't think about it beyond bandage leveling it to max. I'm thinking maybe it could or should be used for things other than making banages.

A few ideas I've been thinking of lately:

• Charm Vaccine: The imbibed person is immune to abilities that would result in their being mindcontrolled for a certain amount of time. Persists through death.
    • Lethal Toxin Anitdote: Removes up to X stacks of a deadly poison and grants a minute of protection.
    • Lucky Bandages (Enchantment Mats required): When used, it removes x stacks of a Curse or Magic effect and grants 7 minutes of protection, persisting through death.
    • Portable AED (Replaces Goblin Jumper Cables): Replaces said item. 10 minute GCD if used successfully. Target gets a debuff so they can't be shocked back to life for 10 mins shared with other items that do the same thing.
    • Flask of Resucitation: The imbibed person's health and resources are automatically maxed instead of getting killed. Can only be used once every 15 minutes in a Dungeon or Raid (3 minutes otherwise). Will not work in PvP Situations (PvP death, Arenas or BGs).
    • Elixir of Good Health: Removes X stacks of a disease and grants 5 minutes of protection.
    • Flask of Scourged: Can be placed on the ground. The person who drinks it dies and comes back to life as a ghoul for 2 hours. While Scourged the player will have access to a number of unique scourge abilities including turning others (Player and NPC alike) into ghouls. While Scourged the Ghoul is hostile to everyone. Killing a Scourged player does not grant Honor Points even if they are of the opposing faction.
    • Elixir of Consealment: Can only be used in an enemy city. The user turns invisible but is unable to do anything except move for 10 minutes. Cannot be used if the user is in a raid group attacking the enemy leader.
    • Blood Transfusion: The user channels their health into the friendly target, restoring the target's health. Will not work if the user has less 10% Health or less.
    • Summon Battlefield Doctor: The user summons a doctor who mass-revives everyone in the raid/dungeon group, restoring them to full health. The doctor will stick around for a few minutes to sell some supplies. Can only be used once every 10 minutes, GCD shared with other similar effects. No cooldown if ungrouped and outside an instance. Can't be used in PvP Situations.
    • Flask of the Spirit Healer (Passive): Automatically activates upon death. The Spirit Healer Revives you to full Health and Resource with no equipment penalty. This effect cannot be used more than once every 60 minutes.
    • Flask of the Val'kyr (Forsaken Only): Same as Flask of the Spirit Healer only the revived Forsaken is granted a buff to increase all stats upon revival and increased Health/Resource Regen for 30 minutes.
    • Battlefield Triage: Can only be used in Battlegrounds. Requires 3 people in addition to the user to activate. A field hospital is built to treat wounded combatants of the faction that built it. If a player falls within 100 yards of the Field Hospital they will be revived at the Field Hospital instead a faction-held graveyard. Only 2 Field hospitals can be built per battleground and one for each faction.

That's it for now. Anyone got any other ideas to make First Aid a bit more...interesting?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Bandages just need buffing in general.

I never personally, ever, use FA. I have it maxed on one char for the achive, and that's it. I'd actually love a revamp.

You should post this on the official forums
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

First Aid? What's that again? The only time it's ever been useful for me was back in the old days when levelling really was a challenge, specifically Warrior; self healing? Nil. You needed First Aid and Cooking to get by.

Bandages were a staple of Vanilla wow raiding consumables. They healed for a significant portion of your health, were fairly easy to utilize on most fights without interruption and helped the healers focus on the tank a lot more. Sure, there were the Vaelastrasz fights where bandaging was a dumb idea but they definitely got use in MC. It was pretty common to see guilds requiring Teamspeak/Vent, CTRa, and 300FA on recruitment posts.

FA is worthless in current raiding because of:
    -The presence of raid wide aoe damage for a large portion of fights.
    -The miniscule % of health they heal for the time investment it takes.
    -It's just simply a more efficient use of resources to have a healer heal the raid when needed.

Making FA worth leveling would require some niche uses like the OP suggested or a drastic change to how raid damage is dealt. To address the healer efficiency reason they'd need to return to the "triage" model of vanilla healing. They "said" they'd do it in Cata but the mana restrictions on healers lasted for all of what seemed like a month at most of T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    love the wotlk-event flask, imagine the chaos it would create

the immunity to disease,mc or other debuffs is totaly overpowered tho, drink one immune disease flask? np dk's and spriests are gone on dangerous list
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2012-08-25 at 11:33 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Should just become a HoT on a cooldown, healing 25% of your max health or something (for the top of the line bandage).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Mind you this would also mean dipping into Alchemy and Engineering a bit as well xD

• Charm Vaccine:
    • Lethal Toxin Anitdote:
    • Lucky Bandages (Enchantment Mats required):
    • Portable AED (Replaces Goblin Jumper Cables):
    • Flask of Resucitation:
    • Elixir of Good Health:
    • Flask of Scourged:
    • Elixir of Consealment:
    • Blood Transfusion:
    • Summon Battlefield Doctor:
    • Flask of the Spirit Healer (Passive):
    • Flask of the Val'kyr (Forsaken Only):s.
    • Battlefield Triage:

That's it for now. Anyone got any other ideas to make First Aid a bit more...interesting?
    Flask of Scourged - more of a LoL function than anything else really..and it's useless in PVE.
    Lucky Bandages - fun item and it works. even it might be used against special encounters etc.
    Lethal Toxin Anitdote - PvP against rouges.. since alot of bosses don't use poisen.
    Portable AED - works lol. as it's the same as Gobilin Jumper Cables.
    Flask of Resucitation - needs to be 15 min CD, as stuff keeps one CD not two diffrent.
    Elixir of Good Health - usable against Death Knights in PvP as far as I can see, perhaps a few older bosses but thats it :/
    Elixir of Consealment - should be in the Alchemy proffesion ;P not here hehe.
    Blood Transfusion - err right oki..it aint going to work that well in a Raid PvE situation that much..
    Battlefield Doctor:GTFO JEEVES! fine let it heal what ever, but sell stuff GTFO! - Angry Engineer.
    Flask of the Spirit healer -:/ bit op.. needs like 24h CD(no not jokeing)
    Flask of the Val'kyr - not needed at all as Flask of the Spirit healer does exactly the same.
    Battlefield Triage - fair enough.
    my two cents.

With the amount of self-healing and defensive cooldowns available now I would go so far as to say FA should be either replaced by an entirely new profession or removed from the game. It's entirely superfluous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just two changes would make it so much more useful.

1) Remove 1 bleed effect (can even extend it to any DoT - though it may be too powerful). That's ... kinda the whole point of bandaging. To stem bleeding.
    2) Have it a percentage of health. With gear getting stupid amount of stats, bandages are useless beyond the first tier each expac. I'd rant and say stats shouldn't even be on gear, but that's turning WoW into another game altogether. But a HoT - say, 25% total health over something long, maybe 30 seconds. So it's kinda like eating that's usable in combat. Heck, we already have glyphs that do that.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-08-26 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Just two changes would make it so much more useful.

1) Remove 1 bleed effect (can even extend it to any DoT - though it may be too powerful). That's ... kinda the whole point of bandaging. To stem bleeding.
    2) Have it a percentage of health. With gear getting stupid amount of stats, bandages are useless beyond the first tier each expac. I'd rant and say stats shouldn't even be on gear, but that's turning WoW into another game altogether. But a HoT - say, 25% total health over something long, maybe 30 seconds. So it's kinda like eating that's usable in combat. Heck, we already have glyphs that do that.
    Good suggestions but they seem too powerful to me. Removing DoTs is too good because the new dispel systems is aimed at reducing dispells and a HoT usuable in combat would be required for both PVP and PVE. As a secondary profession the trick is to make it relevant but not required.

Expanding on my earlier idea of replacing FA I was thinking there could be a secondary profession somehow related to pets and pet battles. Cosmetic changes for pets and perhaps out of combat tricks like fetch and lay etc. Another idea I had was a secondary profession that could recolor gear. Obviously this would be something new to wow but it's been done before in other places. As you level up the profession you learn to dye new slots of gear as well as new colors.

seeing that first aid is a secondary proff it can and will not give you perks useable to a extend that it's required to have for raiding.
    atm the bandages heal for a tiny amount compared to our hp pools.

having first aid give immunities is the dummest idea ever!!! immune to MC? oke it's req for cho gall!
    you fighting a priest? lol imma pop 3 and now i'm immune to curses magic dots and diseases! come at me DK and shadowpriest!

atm making first aid better would mean removing the channel and making it a % based heal.
    something like press the bandage ( maybe a 1sec cast? ) and it will heal for 25% or even 50% hp over a xx duration.

this would make leveling allot easyer for some classes seeing the can pop a bandage between mobs and heal enough to no sit and eat for hp.
    having this in a raid would again be usefull... but seeing the heal won't be game breaking because of a long duration,
    aka if on a 25m everyone pops a bandage the healers might get away with allitle less healing. but the raid dmg going out will still req them to heal!

also if this ever gets implemented it would need the same treatement as potions have now. els a progression raid would require hundreds of bandages for a single raid evening.

still while leveling you exit combat allot so i don't see a problem with having a large heal over 30sec with a small cast time thats useable once per fight as potions are.
    seeing this would mean it's a max of 2 bandages per fight
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Should just become a HoT on a cooldown, healing 25% of your max health or something (for the top of the line bandage).
    And only able to be used once in a fight like how pots are
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    As a secondary profession the trick is to make it relevant but not required.
    Very true. I'd be happy just for it to not break on dots. Leave everything else as is. 8 second channel, small health, 30s cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time I used a bandage for anything not an achievement was in BC on Heroic Arcatraz. The boss was Zereketh the Unbound and we had an undergeared healer.

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 12:29 AM ----------

So yes a revamp is very needed imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the very least, First Aid does need some help. Aside from some emergency BG use at lower levels, and the random moment at max level (currently), it's just a drain on friggin cloth. The idea to revamp it is worthy, and should be pushed in the official forums IMO.

#FlightIsImportant

Your ideas are interesting... but far far far too powerful. Think of the rage it would cause given that only Forsaken get that buff... and how raids would be affected by the ridiculous effects going out. Not all of them really even make sense for first aid.

First aid could probably use an overhaul... but I doubt it would change anywhere near that much. It is still just a secondary profession, after all. I think first aid is just a relic - something that should have died with Vanilla, but still have today. I can't think of anyway it could be improved without becoming overpowered. It should pretty much just remain a way for classes with no heals to get a bit of healing in between mobs and to grind out 500 bandages for an achievement.
    Last edited by Holy; 2012-08-26 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know my short list is farfetched but it's what I was thinking of at the time. Anyone got any other ideas to make FA Relevant and Worthwhile?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

id rater get a first aid kit "instantly heals you for 20% hp, 1min cd - just hit your head on the box it works in every fps game, trust me"
    with the current hp pools first aid just heals nothing. and it stops if you have 1 dot that ticks for 1 dps.

if they made it % of max hp + only stops from direct hits + you can walk while you do it. i think that would help it (and well can't be used while stealthed, i don't wana have more never dieing roqs ^^)

so
    <whatever cloth drops in mop> Bandages : heals you for 1% every second, for 20sec. Stops if you get a direct hit, can be casted while moving. - now you feel like rambo right buddy?
    and
    first aid kit: "instantly heals you for 20% hp, 1min cd - just hit your head on the box it works in every fps game, trust me"

and maybe a mummy as a pet
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-08-26 at 06:31 AM.

First aid is still alive? Has anyone used it lately? I remember the good on days when during phase changes all the healers would down rank spells to save mana and everyone else had to bandage themselves or risk dieing :/