View Poll Results: Rate your impression!

Voters
385. This poll is closed
  • I love it

180 46.75%
  • I like it

85 22.08%
  • It's okay

49 12.73%
  • Meh

47 12.21%
  • I hate it.

24 6.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The PvP is really fun, but I play MMOs for raiding so when MoP comes out that's gonna take center stage again :P
    It's a really fun game though, 9/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    100 strikes derp still needs looking at i know you can dodge and 1 vs 1 its fine its just the jackass people who bulls rush and 100s strikes when you are pre disposed
    only real issue i have with the game atm
    that one trick pony build
    There's a lot more than just dodging. Every class has an ability they can use while ccd to get out of it. Hundred blades is seriously the easiest ability to dodge in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Not sure what you were trying to say. To me GW2 puts MoP to shame... and Blizzard won't be able to upgrade or improve MoP up to the point of the gameplay offered by GW2 anytime soon.
    There you go again! You so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Okay, did you really need to defend yourself so vigorously by posting the same thing twice :P
    The bolded part is strawman the unbolded part completly refutes your statement thus not straw man. Still doesnt make your point any more valid, this is a GW2 subforum so its full of people who are interested in GW2 and will have a much higher average of likers than haters, and as such its not an accurate assessment but for completely different reasons than what you said, but good job highlighting something you can actually defend as opposed to your actual statement which didnt make sense.
    GW2Guru is a GW2 forum. This is a WoW forum with a GW2 subforum. Huge difference.

can't understand why people was waiting this game honestly.

controle are rubish
    camera even moar
    skill of my characther is a "i don't know what i do i just spam it and it work"
    pvp is zerg fest ( yeah like all other mmo of these day ...)
    history???
    can't understand what i'am supose to do for grind? spam repeat stupid event ?

this game is one of the worst ever for me, can't understand NOTHING, i feel like i'am just trhow in this game whit no explanation of what appen and what i'am supose to do and where i'm supose to go , lvl 11 and already uninstall

should stop buy today's game, i can't understant the point of it anymoar, should stop gaming imo :x

oh and i forget, i have a 2600 k @ 5 ghz + sli gtx 580 AND I FUCKING DROP FPS EVERYWHERE ITS HORRIBLE.
    Last edited by dinouille; 2012-08-26 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shostie View Post
    GW2Guru is a GW2 forum. This is a WoW forum with a GW2 subforum. Huge difference.
    You almost were right but then I realised I havent stepped foot in 90% of the subforums because people only read about what they are interested in so its still got a majority of GW2 likers than haters so your point isnt moot but it doesnt refute my point either.

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    can't understand NOTHING,
    Double negative so you understand everything :P I realyl doubt anyone will miss your presence in the game.

No only haters take a break clearly, even though less than 20% are negative. ITs actually not a good representation because this is a GW2 subforum and will thus have a higher incidence of likers than haters, not because of the reasons he says
    I had a look at some of the haters. Only 1 out of the 4 people I checked had actually made a post in this forum. Seems like the majority are just trolls clicking on a vote.

Meh, It's ok. I'm not really liking how leveling works in this game. I had queensdale 100% completed and yet I was still level 14(and I also was running around trying to find events which is annoying too). So I had to craft to get to 15. But I like the "This is my story" thing. It keeps me leveling to continue my story.

Also are Warrior's using 2h weapons supposed to die stupidly fast? The mobs at my level just shred right through me. My self heals do pretty much nothing to help.

All in all, It's f2p so I will continue to play it.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-08-26 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    love it, ive played it quite a bit the last few days, still only level 9, ive been trying to try out every profession and i get lost exploring zones. i love the level scaling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I had a look at some of the haters. Only 1 out of the 4 people I checked had actually made a post in this forum. Seems like the majority are just trolls clicking on a vote.
    Not sure what your point is, elaborate a little. By this sentence I think your backing up my assumption that this thread is skewed because only people with a positive interest in GW2 will actually look at this post, seeing as only 4% of the posters have shown no interest in GW2 or its subforum and are clearly trolls.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I hate the weapon as a class design, the down state, the structured pvp having npcs, and the wvwvw having 15min walks between areas with no Mounts. The questing areas are quite nice, but the XP math is off. I want to play through the personal story, yet I have to stop and do random crap to level which i also seem to run out of.

Yet it looks amazing. The graphics and ui design is just so dam pretty. After trying Rift and Tera and SWTOR and all those other newer MMOs, they all look like garbage compared to this. The art team on this game deserves a much better game and class design team to work with. The job they did here is best in class.

So for me ill play through the Norn leveling then maybe another race depending on time. But I dont see myself really getting into any end game type stuff as the combat and class design is so very poorly thought out and implemented.
    I feel like you did absolutely zero research before you bought this game. All of your "gripes" could've been answered by either going to the guild wars 2 website or watching videos on youtube. Use waypoints to get around faster, even in WvW there are waypoints. The XP math I feel is not even close to being off. I think i hit level 17 before I finished the starting zone completely, getting 100% everything. That is another thing. Make sure you are going to the Point of Interests and discovering the vistas. Doing all that can give you at least 1 level when it is all said and done. Do Dynamic Events and Personal story. Personal story can net you almost half a level in the early levels.

Also, there is no "end game". Hence why I think you did zero research before you bought this game.
    Last edited by Zeekua; 2012-08-26 at 04:33 PM.

It's kind of early to look at impressions. The initial "ooh" didn't wear off yet. I want to see what people will say about GW2 in about a month or two - then I'll decide whether to buy.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest misconception I seem to encounter is people saying that the flow is iffy...just go out explore the way i feel leveling is is exploration > gathering > crafting > dynamic events > hearts > personal story. The leveling plateau evens out by 12 ish and i got an entire level exploring the entirety of hoelbrak...it was amazing...i even ran into the mini game of pub brawl pvp...that was brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 out of 5.

Fun, casual, skill based but not punishing, rewarded for just being out there and exploring, a game with a sense of humor not all just doom & gloom. I can't really come up with a personal downside yet. Nothing worth truly noting. Surprised I'm liking the game as much as I am though. AreaNet earned my $70.

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    can't understand why people was waiting this game honestly.

controle are rubish
    camera even moar
    skill of my characther is a "i don't know what i do i just spam it and it work"
    pvp is zerg fest ( yeah like all other mmo of these day ...)
    history???
    can't understand what i'am supose to do for grind? spam repeat stupid event ?

this game is one of the worst ever for me, can't understand NOTHING, i feel like i'am just trhow in this game whit no explanation of what appen and what i'am supose to do and where i'm supose to go , lvl 11 and already uninstall

should stop buy today's game, i can't understant the point of it anymoar, should stop gaming imo :x

oh and i forget, i have a 2600 k @ 5 ghz + sli gtx 580 AND I FUCKING DROP FPS EVERYWHERE ITS HORRIBLE.
    I was going to ask what kind of game you like but it sounds like you're just done with gaming. Especially MMOs. Maybe you should try shooting games? They're more focused and usually less story based.

But I will give you this: outside of the personal quest, they do throw you to the wolves. But I have a feeling that's intentional.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

8.0/10

It's fun but it definitely doesn't feel very new player friendly. WvW is confusing unless I read stuff and the lack of gear you get from wow makes me feel squishy. Also the fact that you must understand your traits based on how you play personally confuses me. Also found crafting to be complex as I had the mats but couldn't craft certain items for unknown reasons.

Im sure the guides will be rolling in soon enough but it isn't as easy to get into as wow was. However it is very fun, feels different, and the story seems interesting.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-08-26 at 04:47 PM.

Not sure what your point is, elaborate a little. By this sentence I think your backing up my assumption that this thread is skewed because only people with a positive interest in GW2 will actually look at this post, seeing as only 4% of the posters have shown no interest in GW2 or its subforum and are clearly trolls.
    There is a poll on a GW2 sub-forum. The majority of the people will at least be fairly interested in the game. That will already skew the results. I have already show that the "haters" are more than likely to be trolls. I can't see how the poll will be even remotely accurate as the game has, in all likelihood, sold well over a million copies (probably 2). For the people here it will give a good representation of how much the people here like the game "1,2 or 3" but that's all. A better poll would be on something like Facebook where there are a lot more people that would be less biased either way.

What is a real disappointment to me is the people who have no interest in the game coming and voting that they hate it. At the very least, if it does well, then the incumbent MMO operators would be more likely to remove or drop the subscriptions that they have.

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Also are Warrior's using 2h weapons supposed to die stupidly fast? The mobs at my level just shred right through me. My self heals do pretty much nothing to help.
    I didn't play a warrior in the betas and only get my game tomorrow (pre-order) are you sure you are using your dodge and doing weapon swaps when the big hits come in?
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2012-08-26 at 05:08 PM.