Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by furniture
    Nice false dichotomy here. So it's either the UI fails to display some vital informations or it is covered with shit?
    No, certainly not, but there's a point at which you draw a line. I'd be willing to bet there is information available to addons that while potentially useful isn't worth the screen space in your interface. Does your battleground enemy list show important cooldowns or targets or cast bars? It would be possible and potentially useful, but it isn't worth the screen space, so you don't have it. My point was simply that what information needs to be shown is pretty subjective once you go beyond the very basics. Some people clearly want to display everything that they can possibly jam onto their screen while others tuck everything away and show almost nothing.

I'm glad you're happy with your UI and I didn't mean to insult it if you got that impression. I don't really want to go through every detail you mentioned, but a lot of the problems you have with the stock UI seem like personal preference. I don't mind seeing trash buffs like fort or pw:s because to me that's significant information. Important cooldowns tend to have noticable animations or sounds; I don't need a warning to pop up. Probably just the difference between a battleground and arena playstyle though.

I'll give you that it lacks a lot of ideal tools for battlegrounds, but I guess that's just not important to me because I'm not big on battlegrounds in the first place. If I actually need to do a battleground, my groups tend to camp graveyards more often than wonder if they're going to win. I don't do rated battlegrounds though, so I'm going to pin it on that.

I disagree that you can't play a battleground properly without addons though. Is that along the same lines as people suggesting I'm useless if I raid without a hand-holding addon for bosses?
    Last edited by asb; 2012-08-28 at 12:01 AM.

I feel ur pain OP, countless times i returned a flag for nothing, and after u rage at them ppl go and call u bad lol.....but thats the players mentality i guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Important cooldowns tend to have noticable animations or sounds
    A lot of them don't or are easily lost among the tons of messy overlapping visual spell effects. A lot of them have very subdued effects that can easily be missed.

And then there are those which all use the same visual effect, things such as survival instincts and the dps trinket, tiger's fury and berserk, etc.

I disagree that you can't play a battleground properly without addons though.
    If you're actually trying to play them to win them and not just to camp the gy, then without addons you are fucked. Here are a couple example scenarios:

You are in AV. All of the towers are being capped by alliance, all of the bunkers are being capped by horde, all of your raid is waiting to kill the boss. Do you stay with them to kill the boss or trinket to your base to try and ninja recap a tower/bunker?
    In other words, in the current situation who will be able to kill the boss first?
    You have no way to know the answer without timers.

You are in WSG, your flag carrier died and even though you didn't expect to be the fc you ended up being the only one with the opportunity to steal the enemy flag before they could cap and run it back to your base. You are now on the roof of your base and you have a couple healers and a dps with you. They have a lot of defense with their flag carrier too and a few of them are regrouping in your own base, so you'll need to move to the flag spot as soon as the efc is about to die, but preferably not sooner as the roof is easier to defend.

So you decide to target the efc to know his status but he's too far away for you to /target him and he's named çyàlâtérshîtlòrds anyway so you can't even type his name. And you can't even cut and paste it form the message in your chat window either, because you're not using any addon.

As you ponder all this, the efc dies, your flag is returned, and before you know it they took it back again while your teammates yell "FFS CAP U FUCKING NOOB".
    Last edited by mmocd6cf53cb07; 2012-08-28 at 01:37 PM.