Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1st time poster and i'm sorry but i have a noob question here. in a situation where judgement just came off cd and cs is less then a sec from coming off cd, should i wait for cs to use that or just judge first and then cs? i know it is better to use 3/4hp tv when hp generating abilities are on a few sec cd. what if say one of the other abilities is coming off cd in 1 sec. is it still better to wait and pool hp higher for a 5hp tv or just use the 3/4hp for tv.

Quote Originally Posted by vitasoy View Post
    1st time poster and i'm sorry but i have a noob question here. in a situation where judgement just came off cd and cs is less then a sec from coming off cd, should i wait for cs to use that or just judge first and then cs? i know it is better to use 3/4hp tv when hp generating abilities are on a few sec cd. what if say one of the other abilities is coming off cd in 1 sec. is it still better to wait and pool hp higher for a 5hp tv or just use the 3/4hp for tv.
    Depends on your haste really as to how much of the cooldown 1 second is, but a general rule is you want to do all you can to keep your buttons being pushed every single GCD so the best way to work that out is to do some napkin maths and work out which one would leave you with the least holes a few seconds down the line

How much exactly Expertise should I have as a human to reach the cap?
    Meaning the racial obviously.

-edit-
    Well, to avoid more questions -
    I found that the number should be 2,210, however my reforge addon tells me to leave experise at 1570.

Not sure if that one is correct.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which Reforge addon are you using?

For raiding and for cap it should be 2,210.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    I found that the number should be 2,210, however my reforge addon tells me to leave experise at 1570.

Not sure if that one is correct.
    2210 for capping. Make sure your addon is up to date and if applicable, it is set to Raid Bosses (+3 levels).

Deleted
    thanks a lot, helped me very much!

I use Reforgenator, and it's up to date.
    And I also have it set on raiding, not heroic dungeons nor PvP,

Weird stuff, since it's A LOT of expertise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Strange. I'd check out Reforgelite! I personally prefer that add-on. if Reforgenator has an option on it's Curse page to submit a bug/feedback option I would pointing this out!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

I was wondering now that I have T14 2p bonus, for 2 targets should I stay using TV or keep using DS? I know one of the reasons DS gained advantage was something about ignoring armor so overall it was a dps gain, but not sure if this keeps going with a 15% buff on TV (since I don't know how much my enemy is reducing from it). This is important to know for fights like Stone Guard where we are constantly fighting vs two of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    DS should still be better than TV for 2 targets even with +15% tier bonus.

Waiting for update of "Useful Fight Mechanics"

hello

thinking of making the switch to retri. but i'm a little scared. it is pretty low in simcraft, and i really dont want to play a low end spec that cant keep up. So my question is how is ret competitively
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

5.0-("Tuesday") - Hit = Expertise > Haste> Mastery> Crit
    I'm just trying out MoP 10 days trial so forgive the noob question, but is the above still valid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I'm just trying out MoP 10 days trial so forgive the noob question, but is the above still valid?
    Yes. Haste is still preferable over mastery and crit, but for the most part, mastery and crit are about the same - again, simming your own gear is highly recommended. This is for level 90.

Alright, thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fhi is correct! Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    hello

thinking of making the switch to retri. but i'm a little scared. it is pretty low in simcraft, and i really dont want to play a low end spec that cant keep up. So my question is how is ret competitively
    Don't ever be scared to try something new out! Ret is pretty middle of the road. It picks up once you have 4 piece t14. However, much like most times it's all just dependent on who is behind the character.

Encounters coming soon as is other updates! much overdue.

Have you seen the discussion over at ej.
    prioritizing judgment over crusader/hotr(2 targets) if the target has < 20% health or you have aw up is a dps increase
    hotr mathed out to be better at 2+ targets
    hotr does more damage than exo/how at 5 targets, 4 targets in half heroic gear~

doing the rotation feels a bit more clunky, but I guess I will get used to it over time.
    ret sure is more difficult than it used to be.

I'm curious about the CS > J part of the rotation. I'm a bit new at this, but after looking over parses from raid encounters, I kept finding that Judgement just hit harder in all cases. Tested both for a while on a training dummy and came to pretty much the same conclusion. CS had a very slight edge without Inquisition, but with that rolling, which it always should be, it was right back to Judgement having an average hit of ~23% higher than CS when testing the same number of each attack.

Why is that? Am I misusing CS somehow? I can't find any data to justify CS > J.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcula View Post
    I'm curious about the CS > J part of the rotation. I'm a bit new at this, but after looking over parses from raid encounters, I kept finding that Judgement just hit harder in all cases. Tested both for a while on a training dummy and came to pretty much the same conclusion. CS had a very slight edge without Inquisition, but with that rolling, which it always should be, it was right back to Judgement having an average hit of ~23% higher than CS when testing the same number of each attack.

Why is that? Am I misusing CS somehow? I can't find any data to justify CS > J.
    CS has mastery bonus damage while Judgement does not.