Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    awesome, thanks
    You can use both, however both will require you to make your own judgement calls plenty of times.

CLCinfo will require more setting up, however, Requital has set up an amazing guide/thread to CLCInfo! I suggest checking it out!

That would be a great place for any questions you may have, and a great place to start if you go with Info, perhaps people's questions and experiences might help you get a jump start!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Krekko, the links of the addons section are a little bit messed up
    Other than that, helpfull thanks!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I'm in need for some help. I currently have White Tiger Legplates but it's my only piece of T14 and I have just looted Legplates of the Dark Parasite. Now I don't know what is the best pant between the two. My character if that help you http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...Vodalos/simple

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Definitely the 502 piece if you aren't breaking the T14 Bonus. Haste is king.

When in doubt, go with the higher iLvl piece unless you're breaking 2pc or 4pc bonus.

Deleted
    Very nice!

can some1 pelase explain the buff ret got this patch to me? as neither myself or my guilds other ret noticed any difference in dps or dmg this week from last week

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    can some1 pelase explain the buff ret got this patch to me? as neither myself or my guilds other ret noticed any difference in dps or dmg this week from last week
    Sure!

The change for Ret in terms of DPS is the change to Sword of Light.

From the Patch notes the change is as follows

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Retribution
      • Sword of Light now increases damage with two-handed melee weapons by 30%, up from 15%.

Sword of Light now increases damage with two-handed melee weapons by 30%, up from 15%.

This change is a buff to single target sustained damage more than anything, and you should DEFINITELY see the damage difference when you look for it.

Don't expect a full 15% DPS increase though, the bonus you get will be greater with the better your gear is.

Everything that utilizes a 2h weapon for damage will benefit from SoL. It will also, in turn, increase their mastery damage as well.

That means SoL will effect everything but your Censure, Exorcism, and Tier 6 talent spells ES/LH/HP.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-05-27 at 05:25 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Very nice guide to me

So, is Holy Avenger a significant DPS increase over SW? I've always used SW simply because I like the style of it more, but if HA is significantly better, I'll definitely make the switch.

Just coming back after a good few month break, figured I'd post and ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elutem View Post
    (snip) When in doubt, go with the higher iLvl piece unless you're breaking 2pc or 4pc bonus.
    Is that a general rule of thumb? I currently have a t-15 2pc with 522 gloves and a RF chest. Just got the chest off of Ji Kun last night (dammit no 522 feather...screw that coin reroll crap). In that case, is the baseline stat increase worth breaking the 2pc bonus or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Forde View Post
    So, is Holy Avenger a significant DPS increase over SW?
    They should be more or less equivalent when executed properly. Some SimC tests in the past have shown variance of no more than 1-2%.

Kragshot: I would suggest not breaking 2pT15, since the debuff it grants is a blanket 6% increase in Holy damage.
    Last edited by Curulan; 2013-05-31 at 11:01 PM.

Hey there, I need some help.

I currently have White Tiger Helmet (ilvl 483) and White Tiger Gauntlets (ilvl 496) which activates the 2-piece bonus.

I recently got Crown of the Golden Golem (ilvl 502) and I have Doubtcrusher Gauntlets of the Mountainbed (ilvl 516, expertise + mastery)

My question is: should I stick with the 2-piece bonus or break it?

Sorry for not being able to link the items (low post count).

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it still a toss up between Tier 6 talents, or is one better than the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Is it still a toss up between Tier 6 talents, or is one better than the others?
    Its always been Exe Setence first with Prism or Light's Hammer being used if you need raid utility

I don't know where I should post this and it's probably off-topic but yeah, my guild won't be raiding anymore. Anyone got recommendations for a semi-hardcore 25-man guild?

Hey guys, I just got LMG and 4 Piece a weekish ago, and am doing fine damage. However, I am still not confident I'm using the T15 4 Piece procs (CS procs full holy TVs) properly during my burst cooldowns:

Just a few questions:

1. Whats the priority assuming Sanctified wrath?

2. Whats the priority assuming Holy Avenger?

3. Is CS now the most important HoPo Generator? Or is HoW/ Exo still more important? Previously I know it was How > Exo > Judgment > CS (pre-4pc).

4. Any links to where CLC Ret/Info threads are that discuss the best strings? The ones I've seen only post about setting the addon up.

My current burst is:

Sanctified Wrath:
    How > Exo > HoW > CS > HoW > J . (obviously TV when full 5 holy power, or if the 4pc procs)

Holy Avenger:
    Not sure on HA, Im just prioritizing How> Exo > CS with Templar verdicts in between.

Probably not relevant but my Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oquette/simple

I use CLC RET with this string, which im not sure if full optimized for 4 piece :

inq inqdp tv5 tvdp howaw tvaw how exo cs_n4t15 j tv3 cs

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/669-clcret/

Hey dudes

I was wondering how forgiving ret dps is? I use clcret/info to follow the rotation and sometimes i mess up. Is it detrimental to dps ?

It may help to think of it as a "priority list" rather than a "rotation." We have spells and abilities that are relatively more effective than others (whether due to damage or cooldowns), so those are the ones we want to hit as often as possible and sometimes there are other things to consider (like AW).

Obviously the priorities are fine-tuned, but if you only mess up occasionally the difference between "pretty good" and "perfect" isn't a whole lot. You'll get more mileage worrying about your Inq uptime and effective use of AW/GoAK and buff procs.
    Last edited by Curulan; 2013-07-06 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    I have been having a macro problem to switch between cs/hotr. i use #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier: shift] Hammer of the Righteous;Crusader Strike as shown above in this lovely guide. I can cast my strike,but when i try the modified hammer (so hit shift + 1 for example) i only get melee hits,no hammer. This goes for all the switch macros im trying to get working,am I doing something wrong here by using the 1 button? If so how can i fix this? My 2 palies and priest wud be very gratefull if anyone can help me out with this issue
    For the Horde!
    Last edited by mmoc1592231efd; 2013-07-16 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkeh View Post
    I have been having a macro problem to switch between cs/hotr. i use #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier: shift] Hammer of the Righteous;Crusader Strike as shown above in this lovely guide. I can cast my strike,but when i try the modified hammer (so hit ctrl + 1 for example) i only get melee hits,no hammer. This goes for all the switch macros im trying to get working,am I doing something wrong here by using the 1 button? If so how can i fix this? My 2 palies and priest wud be very gratefull if anyone can help me out with this issue
    For the Horde!
    Just going by what you actually wrote: Macro says "modifier: shift" and you say that you hit "ctrl + 1", sounds like it wouldn't work to me.

Edit: I figure it's most likely not such a trivial thing. So some more helpful ideas; Says on WoWWiki that if you've got Shift+*Button* bound already, then that will take precedence over the macro. For example, I tried your exact macro, and it didn't work, because I already had "Shift+1" on one of my bars (Incidentally, Shift +1 for me is HotR though ^^). Maybe that is of more help. I unbound my "Shift + 1" binding and then the macro worked for me at least.
    Last edited by mmoc36be576a5a; 2013-07-16 at 12:04 PM.