Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know you must be all busy with discussing the new patch mechanics changes, but I have a simpler question.

What do you think is better:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=93256/skullrender-medallion

or

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89083/iron-belly-wok ?

Thank you.

I would add the macro, which is very helpful with the different talents options -

/use Holy Prism
    /use Execution Sentence
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", G"Execution Sentence" or G"Holy Prism")
    for example

I am a menace to my own destiny.

So would 510 upgraded Ret LFR 4 piece be worth keeping over, say 535 timeless isle gear? How about Flex/Normal off-set SoO gear?

This guide was incredibly useful, thank you.

On a side note, the guide contained 71 exclamation points. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I thought it was funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could somebody clarify why the Elitist Jerks guide prioritizes CS and J over Exo compared to this one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Could somebody clarify why the Elitist Jerks guide prioritizes CS and J over Exo compared to this one?
    The rotations should have the current T16 rotation which is accurate to my knowledge, as well as the DP which is as well, the explained list, which is in "sequence" has Exo listed over CS and J but I'll fix that right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    This guide was incredibly useful, thank you.

On a side note, the guide contained 71 exclamation points. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I thought it was funny.
    I'm glad, hope it doesn't screw you up too bad :P

I just love emoting through exclamation points!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

For those of us scrubs who use CLCRet to help out, do you know what the updated priority string(s) would be?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    Why we would like to cast CS and J before Exo? Especially when we do have t16 2/5 set bonus and during AV You're almost going to miss it?
    Do we have some maths on that?

Btw,
    What about GoAK and AV? Shall I wait one minute to combine them together, or use just right after the CD is up?

Cheers

Are you talking about the AoW proc from 2 piece T16?

If so, it's just the proc and not the use of Exo, which differentiates in a way T15 and T16. If AoW procs and you don't use Exo, you STILL get the benefit from the 6% damage. Or perhaps I'm a bit tired and misunderstanding.

As for CS vs Exo, with the Sword of Light buffs and the increased scaling of weapon damage, CS's DPE has exceeded Exo's. Now, while judgement's DPE is lower than Exo, it's lower CD and ability to be used if used on CD will have more damage done over the extent of the fight rather than delaying it, as they both produce HP there is no worry about any loss of TV.

As for GoAK and AW, depends on the length of the fight really, and how many uses you'll get out by delaying or not.

I'm a bit tired, so tell me if anything else needs to be cleared up more!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the stat priority still Haste> Crit=Master?

I just hit 90 on my paladin and I've finally got some gear. Trying to figure out what to reforge and how to gem.
    Last edited by Tmbryant91; 2013-09-27 at 11:55 PM.

Haste ( till 40%) > mastery > Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Are you talking about the AoW proc from 2 piece T16?

If so, it's just the proc and not the use of Exo, which differentiates in a way T15 and T16. If AoW procs and you don't use Exo, you STILL get the benefit from the 6% damage. Or perhaps I'm a bit tired and misunderstanding.

As for CS vs Exo, with the Sword of Light buffs and the increased scaling of weapon damage, CS's DPE has exceeded Exo's. Now, while judgement's DPE is lower than Exo, it's lower CD and ability to be used if used on CD will have more damage done over the extent of the fight rather than delaying it, as they both produce HP there is no worry about any loss of TV.

As for GoAK and AW, depends on the length of the fight really, and how many uses you'll get out by delaying or not.

I'm a bit tired, so tell me if anything else needs to be cleared up more!

I thought that AoW procs only when Exo is on CD, so it's clearly enough.
    I've got answers for all of my questions, so, yeah, thanks.

Just what is the difference in DPS (around), using GoAK and AW simultaneously or separately?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy67 View Post
    is it even possible for me to hit 40% without T15/T16 gear?
    Last edited by Tmbryant91; 2013-09-30 at 08:46 PM.

At what point would you want to break t14 2p bonus? I have the ilvl 483 (LFR) t14 helm and gloves but have since also gotten 540 flex non-tier gear (gloves) which breaks my t14 2p. At what point would the increased stats on gear outweigh the t14 2p bonus?

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Holyjoo/simple

Additionally, I've seen quite a few pallies with the Glyph of Inq. Now last I read this is a dps loss, and with the increased duration it received in 5.4 I'm not sure why you'd want the glyph now. The one that I see pallies replacing for the glyph is mass exorcism. Any thoughts on this? I'd like to know.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy67 View Post
    ive found that crit is way btter than mastery though personal testing.

also i need somthing cleared up, i want to find out if the t16 4 peice is worth getting, the 3 rets in my guild including myself think its a wothless peice of garbage, is there any merit in this?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-10-02 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    Additionally, I've seen quite a few pallies with the Glyph of Inq. Now last I read this is a dps loss, and with the increased duration it received in 5.4 I'm not sure why you'd want the glyph now. The one that I see pallies replacing for the glyph is mass exorcism. Any thoughts on this? I'd like to know.
    Is it still a dps loss? It used to be, but they've changed it now. The glyph is great for soloing (e.g. Isle) and probably 5 man/scenarios now; often content where it might be fine to have regular exorcism rather than mass exorcism. Still, it's not really for raid boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    At what point would you want to break t14 2p bonus? I have the ilvl 483 (LFR) t14 helm and gloves but have since also gotten 540 flex non-tier gear (gloves) which breaks my t14 2p. At what point would the increased stats on gear outweigh the t14 2p bonus?

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Holyjoo/simple

tier 14? 483 ilvl? Replace it immediately.

Glyph of Inqisition - Just by reading the tooltip, this seems great for leveling, or (Rated)Battlegrounds. It might serve useful for raiding, but keep in mind, unglpyhed Inquisition lasts 60seconds, and most fights in Siege aren't extremely long except for Garrosh.

Let's say you take a 5 minute fight, that means casting Inq 5 times, aka 15 holy power. 15 holy power if used instead on Templars Verdict is how much damage lost? You do the math. Do you think it's worth it? How bad is your guild in need of progression? If you really want to rank on WoL you will choose this glyph but in most cases, for progression... TV glyph, Hand of Sac glyph and MAYBE Double jep glyph might serve more useful...

Mass Exo is THE choice glyph for fights that are multi target. Serously. Your opener now is probably this:
    Judge (with long arm of the law to help close gap)
    Exo (while running to get in melee range)
    Crusader Strike (to get 3 HP)

Now with Mass Exo, you cant cast while out of range, so you might miss a global and a white attack while closing the gap. But the amount of damage that Mass Exo puts out over time, immediately makes up for that lost damage.

just by doing basic math from the tooltip, 5 targets hit with 1 mass exo is the same as hitting 2 individual targets with 2 normal exo's.

(Oh, did I mention, mass exo also puts the T15 2pc debuff on all targets? If you have 2pct15, this glyph is even more of a no brainer)

Quick question as I've been dusting off my Ret spec lately. I have the Flex version of the Evil Eye of Galakras, so my cooldowns on Avenging Wrath and Guardian of Kings are reduced. Should I delay them until I can cast both at the same time? I've generally been using Avenging Wrath when it comes up, but I notice that GAK has about a minute or so left at that point and I'd probably be better off holding off AW until GAK is back up. In the event we pop Heroism before GAK will be back up, in that circumstance is it still better to wait or to pop AW+pot under the effects of Heroism?

I'm averaging around 185-190k so far with my Legendary (just got it today woot), which isn't too awful given that I don't really use Ret at all and I use mostly the same gear as I do for Prot so some of the reforges are for Prot and I'm losing DPS by that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    NEW ABILITIES

CHANGES TO EXISTING MECHANICS

• Inquisition now lasts 20 seconds per charge of Holy Power consumed (up to 3), as well as increases Critical Strike by 10% per Holy Power consumed (up to 3). In addition increases damage by 30%.
    This needs correcting, you don't get 10% crit per holy power. Great guide, though.

Exclamation Finding the balance in stat weights! - NEED HELP!

Hi guys,

This is always confusing for me. I dont know why, but I always seem to feel like I'm doing it wrong. I'm confused about weight balancing? When is too much haste compared to STR? My weights at the moment are something like this (using AskMR custom weights).

Hit 5.6 (to 7.5)
    Expertise 4.9 (to 7.5)
    Strength 4.85
    Haste 3.5
    Mastery 2.9
    Crit 2.7
    AP 2.15

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Dies/simple

I'm using my tank offset bracers at the moment because my previous ones were 502 and the STR alone outweighs them. For now, they will do. Just want to be sure I'm getting my weights right for gemming / reforging. I'm having to gem a lot of expertise because I am heavily lacking it on gear. As well as some of the gear I'm using isn't exactly optimized for a ret paladin. This character is only 2 1/2 months old. I rerolled for my guild. My cloak is about 3 weeks away.

Thanks in advanced for the help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    I would add the macro, which is very helpful with the different talents options -
    /use Holy Prism
    /use Execution Sentence
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", G"Execution Sentence" or G"Holy Prism")
    for example
    I added #showtooltip so I can see the tooltip, but when I switch to Execution Sentence, tooltip won't appear, unless I put the line with Execution sentence before the line with Holy Prism. How can this be modified to show the active spell on the tooltip?