Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do not really comprehend why you should prioritice exo/judgement over cs while SW?
    Mastery only affect Cs of those 3. I looked at my Skada while hitting the puppet and cs does more damage then exo/judgement?
    Or do exo/judgement scale stronger with str then cs?

Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    Question here, the guides says hotr is 3 targets, while ej and evrelia says 2. So which is it O.O?
    I thought HotR was at 6 and DS was at 2. O_O I've been doing something very wrong.

I was under the impression for SW you alternated between HoW and CS, since HoW hits so hard, and the reduced cd lets you weave the two together (HoW CS HoW TV HoW CS HoW TV...).
    Last edited by Lyese; 2014-06-26 at 10:24 PM.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

What JC BoP gems should I use for a versatile gear setup? (I'm playing casual, pugging some SoO Flex / Normal, stuff like that).

So I have a question that is probably in here but I can't find it. I just dusted off my ret paladin, 521 ilvl atm and am rolling with the old hardcore guild I use to be with dong Flex (clearing it for 4 weeks then hitting normal's). I see these heroic raiding pallys going for/reforging into haste/mastery/crit at the same time or atleast haste/mastery at the same time.

So my question - What % do you start going for mastery or crit or both? Also does the trinket that Galakras drops allow you to sacrifice a lot of haste to go into mastery or crit? If so what % of haste do you need once you obtain the Galakras trinket? I know its noobie questions but any responses would help, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I thought HotR was at 6 and DS was at 2. O_O I've been doing something very wrong.
    This should be relatively easy to test. Stand between two target dummies and just do CS over and over. Then do the same with Hotr. It's simplistic and may not tell you definitively, but you should be able to look at the logs to see if 2 is really OK.

I've heard at 2 targets you swap to DS+HotR, and it seems to work pretty well. Don't have numbers for you.

edit: From Noxxic

When dealing with multiple mobs, you will want to continue the single target rotation except use Hammer of the Righteous to replace Crusader Strike as a way to build Holy Power. Also, use Divine Storm instead of Templar's Verdict to consume your Holy Power.

From Icy Veins:

The multiple target (AoE) rotation is based on the same priority system as the single target one. As the number of targets you are facing increases, certain changes occur, as follows:

Against 2 targets, replace Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm, and replace Crusader Strike with Hammer of the Righteous.
    Against 4 targets, replace Seal of Truth with Seal of Righteousness.
    Last edited by Varabently; 2014-06-29 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks for the info!
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Hey guys,

I quit a while back and recently came back to play, I've read the FAQs on here and also on Elitist Jerks, I just have a question which doesn't seem to have an answer, I understand the DPS system now is a Priority one, but should I use abilities as soon as they are off CD, even if the GCD will clash with another ability?

What I mean is, CS > Judgement, say I have 0 haste and CS is comming off CD in <1 sec. While Judgement is ready to go, is it worth delaying Judgement to cast Crusader Strike before Judgement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzak View Post
    Hey guys,

I quit a while back and recently came back to play, I've read the FAQs on here and also on Elitist Jerks, I just have a question which doesn't seem to have an answer, I understand the DPS system now is a Priority one, but should I use abilities as soon as they are off CD, even if the GCD will clash with another ability?

What I mean is, CS > Judgement, say I have 0 haste and CS is comming off CD in <1 sec. While Judgement is ready to go, is it worth delaying Judgement to cast Crusader Strike before Judgement?
    You "cast" whichever of the two is off GCD first.. If I remember correctly from the time I read EJ, they did say that as well..

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    You "cast" whichever of the two is off GCD first.. If I remember correctly from the time I read EJ, they did say that as well..
    Delaying anything that generates HP is a DPS loss because it'll add holes to the rotation where there otherwise wouldn't be, basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Delaying anything that generates HP is a DPS loss because it'll add holes to the rotation where there otherwise wouldn't be, basically.
    Adding even more to the above, taking into consideration a standard interval of time of 3:00 minutes or 3:30 minutes, it would otherwise add to less white/ yellow/ special attacks (than not delaying), which, of course, means less overall DPS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meilinda View Post
    I do not really comprehend why you should prioritice exo/judgement over cs while SW?
    Mastery only affect Cs of those 3. I looked at my Skada while hitting the puppet and cs does more damage then exo/judgement?
    Or do exo/judgement scale stronger with str then cs?
    Still pending question...

Deleted
    The only reason I'd be able to come up with why you'd want to prioritize Judgment is to keep your Selfless Healer procs rolling, though I don't see how it's ever a DPS increase over using Crusader Strike. Initially I was going to say because Judgment and Exorcism scale off of Avenging Wrath, but AW increases ALL damage by 20%, rather than just holy damage.

Also Judgment applies the Phys. Vulnerability debuff, though that has a duration of 30 seconds, and in a raid environment will be applied by multiple people anyways.
    Both Judgment and CS proc Sencure.

edit: And as I say that my logs clearly state that, even when cast less frequently, my Judgment did more overall damage than my CS. I'm interested now.

Looking more closely at the tooltips for CS and Judgment I noticed that CS only scales off of your weapon damage and flat damage increases, where as Judgment scales off of both your Spell Power (which in itself scales off of your Attack Power) and your Attack Power. Considering that Attack Power scales off of your weapon damage (and strength procs) Judgment scales off of all of your procs and Avenging Wrath, where as CS only scales off of your Avenging Wrath. Considering the uptime of said procs, even only Dancing Steel, it might be favourable to prioritize Judgment and Exorcism (especially if you pair AW with Guardian of Ancient Kings, as that increases your strength from 101% to 120% towards the end of the duration).
    Exorcism only scales off of Attack Power, so won't benefit from the double Attack Power increase via Spell Power (still more scaling than CS).

Don't take my word for it though, I might've missed a few things.
    Judgment also completely scales off of Inquisition, not sure if only the Hand of Light part of CS does so.

edit: Now sure why, but I didn't include the Hand of Light portion for CS at all, so scrap that, prioritise CS.
    Last edited by mmoc00be05b0f2; 2014-07-23 at 01:27 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ** Nevermind, went back a page and saw it was there.

I had a quick browse through but didn't see it mentioned, our Ret Pally has recently been equipping 4pc of the crafted pvp healing gear, Holy Lightingx5 and then switching back so that he can start out fights at 5 HP, not sure if this actually a good thing or not but is a cool trick!
    Last edited by Nekusar; 2014-07-24 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    ** Nevermind, went back a page and saw it was there.

I had a quick browse through but didn't see it mentioned, our Ret Pally has recently been equipping 4pc of the crafted pvp healing gear, Holy Lightingx5 and then switching back so that he can start out fights at 5 HP, not sure if this actually a good thing or not but is a cool trick!
    It's definitely worth doing, as long as your guild does a proper pull timer for pre pot you generally have to time get inq up pre pull which means you can go ham (wings, gaurdian) crucial seconds earlier. I think it made about +30k dps difference for me last night on H Malk.

Just hit 90 and have the 569 BoA Agi polearm, and what point should i replace it with a str weapon, LFR or Flex?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Just hit 90 and have the 569 BoA Agi polearm, and what point should i replace it with a str weapon, LFR or Flex?
    Probably not till normal 4/4 upgraded siege weapon and higher. The weapon dps/damage range is so much higher than anything in lfr/flex.

Hopefully you get a Hellscream's Decapitator drop on your main/other char(s).
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2014-09-04 at 04:54 AM.

Is there a certain percent of haste I should be trying to get to before worrying about other stats?

Hit to 7.5% > Expertise to 7.5% > Strength > Haste > Mastery or Crit

Most rets go to at least 40% haste before going for secondary stats like mastery or crit, however some rock 45% and some 50% (after 50% haste value is much less, can't go lower than 1sec GCD). After that some prefer mastery and some prefer crit.

Red Sockets : Wicked Vermilion Onyx (Expertise/Haste), Fierce Vermilion Onyx (Strength/Haste),
    Yellow Sockets: Quick Sun's Radiance (Haste)
    Blue Sockets: Lightning Wild Jade (Haste/Hit)

Use Reforge Lite (addon) or AskMrRobot (website) to get started.

Is seal swapping with empowered seals off the gcd?

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    Is seal swapping with empowered seals off the gcd?
    Nope it's clunky.

Also this is the MoP thread not the WoD thread, ask WoD questions in the WoD thread bro.