Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    Has anyone been able to try haste vs mastery for level 85 on any sims or parses for this patch? My guild is still raiding up to the last week of mop and we wanted to maximize dps changes.
    I was wondering the same thing. There seems to be several conflicting posts regarding where we are at in 5.0.4.
    I have read Hit/Exp to cap then Mastery>Haste>Crit or Haste>Mastery>Crit.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

SimCraft and Exemplar both appear to be saying Haste to the point where we should be changing out red Str gems to orange Str/Hst. And even doing that, Exemplar was showing a 10% or more drop in overall DPS before he found another bug in his spreadsheet that will further impact our DPS negatively.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    SimCraft and Exemplar both appear to be saying Haste to the point where we should be changing out red Str gems to orange Str/Hst. And even doing that, Exemplar was showing a 10% or more drop in overall DPS before he found another bug in his spreadsheet that will further impact our DPS negatively.
    At this point is it safe to say the data is inconclusive?
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    At this point is it safe to say the data is inconclusive?
    Exemplar is saying to trust SimCraft's results but not his spreadsheet, but they both agree on stat weights.

Exemplar is saying to trust SimCraft's results but not his spreadsheet, but they both agree on stat weights.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what would those weights be...It's hard for me to distinguish between 5.0.4 (today) and MoP LVL 90 conversations.

Post 89 by Balhale here shows stat weights for builds using each of the three different T5 talents.

Post 89 by Balhale here shows stat weights for builds using each of the three different T5 talents.
    Thanks! I have been following MMO and Elitist for weeks now. I saw that post, but wasn't sure if it was lvl 90 or 5.0.4.

The titles to the images were for BiS T13H.

My GF's paladin still shows holy wrath and consecrate in her spellbook, but righteous defense seems to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    My GF's paladin still shows holy wrath and consecrate in her spellbook, but righteous defense seems to be removed.
    Is she Prot? If so, that'd be why. Also, Righteous Defense was removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    And in honor of patch day, this is now the 5.0 Ret sticky!
    Awesome! Thank you very much!

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 03:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    She must be Prot, because they are now Protection only spells (sadly for Consecration!) and Righteous Defense has been removed from the game.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

A note on the hitcap, it is not 769 but 768 rating. With a 102.45 rating to 1 percent hit, you would need 768,35 hit rating for 7.5%. You would think this will mean you need at least 769 but apparently it doesn't. I got exactly 768 and got 7.50% increased hit chance. I'm assuming the same goes for Expertise but I haven't checked that yet.
    Last edited by Ricodyn; 2012-08-29 at 02:10 PM.

5.0-("Tuesday") - Hit = Expertise > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    How is this stat priority working out for everyone since it seems to conflict with the results from Elitistjerks?
    Last edited by Ticktac; 2012-08-29 at 04:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricodyn View Post
    A note on the hitcap, it is not 769 but 768 rating. With a 102.45 rating to 1 percent hit, you would need 768,35 hit rating for 7.5%. You would think this will mean you need at least 769 but apparently it doesn't. I got exactly 768 and got 7.50% increased hit chance. I'm assuming the same goes for Expertise but I haven't checked that yet.
    Thanks for the heads up and this is correct! The same does for for expertise after a bit of tinkering. So it's 768/768 and 666/666!
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-08-30 at 08:01 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

When we solo, are we meant to use blessing of kings or might now?

Might, still, I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    When we solo, are we meant to use blessing of kings or might now?
    If you have to heal a lot, Kings is probably better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Wouldn't that also apply for a 5 HP TV? If you have a Crusader Strike available with 5 HP, you'd delay it anyways since you're capped on HP and can't actually utilize it or any other HP generators until you spend some HP.

It seems I'm not grasping something. It just doesn't make sense to me to delay TV under any circumstance. If it is not the hardest hitting move Ret can do, then I'll re-prioritize.

Art of War procs would be wasted anyways if you're capped at 5 HP vs. 3 HP, right? In both instances, you're delaying the use of Exorcism to use TV which does hit harder than Exo, right?

Besides, assuming TV is the hardest hitting move Ret has, wouldn't you want to allow some abilities to be delayed for it so you won't end up having emtpy GCDs?

I just can't see the reasoning to delay TV *IF* it's the hardest hitting ability Ret can do. If it's not, then my questions about the 3 HP vs. 5 HP are null and void. Otherwise...Idunno.
    When you have 3 out of 5 hp and don't use TV, you don't lose anything as long as you don't override 5 holy power. You are not losing any TV damage.

Try it for yourself. Just by some dummy testing parses I noticed a dps increase of about 1k when using TV at 5 hp as often as possible. As opposed to popping it on every 3 hp.

Tho I just did about 16 mil dmg per try, so it's no where near accurate I guess. But always more dps when TV'ing at 5hp, so I'm sticking to that.

You also notice that you stand still doing nothing alot less. Tho that's still inevitable.

As for the OP, I'd add sacred shield into the prio list, since there actually are times when you just wait. Alltho, I guess it's kinda self explanatory. I'm gonna use that as a macro for our tank at least.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-09-01 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    It isn't just a case of 'wait until 5HP to use TV', it is more like Don't use TV below 5HP whilst you have something that generates Holy Power off of CD.
    If you have 3 Holy Power and all Holy Power abilities are on CD, then yes you should be using TV in that instance instead of going up to 5.

Deleted
    Obviously yes. I thought that was kinda obvious without me having to say it :P