Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    tbf u should be the one who should learn..
    love how on these mmo champ forums, people tend to flame.. offend.. troll and go offtopic all the time.. why not just stick to the subject of the thread and not talking about other sht? how about that? maybe? no? ... this thread is doomed again.. cuz if one starts.. others just have to jump in (like me) ..

But to the topic.. i personally have the same oppinion as most, that geting a perm ban is just redic. A warning.. and some followup action would be better, but not perm bans, or even temp bans.
    It's not a permanent ban. The first offense is 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    so much fail in all your posts...
    /facepalm

Please refrain from flaming other posters that are just stating their opinions. ~Zil
    I was also just stating my opinion that his posts are fail...
    so his opinions are valid and mine are infraction worthy...
    /facepalm
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2012-08-26 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    I was also just stating my opinion that his posts are fail...

/facepalm
    Do it constructivly then. And stop /facepalming noone does that. Yes I am a mod in waiting
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Do it constructivly then. And stop /facepalming noone does that. Yes I am a mod in waiting
    One day, my young apprentice... you too shall understand the power of the dark side.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    It's not that the rules of GW2 are more strict then the ones in WoW, they just enforce them.

Though I do agree that I do not understand why historical figures or real life names of someone are not allowed, it's their call here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    One day, my young apprentice... you too shall understand the power of the dark side.
    What? hmph! its so much fun to play a light side sith lemme tell you!

OT: well this is going better than last time!
    Just keep calm, and dont flame anyone for their opinion~!

Deleted
    There may be exaggerated cases, but I agree with most of the bans mentioned in this thread. Happy Anet takes a strict stance.

And for horse's sake, most of you, stop saying permaban when it's a temp ban, which as posted earlier, is stated in Anet's policy to be your warning. If you learn from that, good for you; if you don't, the permaban or ragequit is better for the rest of the community.

Props to OP for taking it like a man and not whining.

If this has already been say, my bad, but I think OP was banned for the context he used it in rather than the swearing itself. I saw plenty of people have conversations in /map chat that were swearing. Swearing in /map chat is entirely inappropriate though, and I wouldn't mind if it is ban-able. It is the equivalent of swearing loudly in a crowded public area. It's indecent and reflects poorly on the community.

For those who think swearing words are for "big boys" or "mature" people, it is quite the opposite. There is a time and place for everything, and /map chat is not the place. Show some maturity by showing constraint.

Closing this down as it's not really productive and causing issues.