Too many attempts

Dear fellow MMO-Champions,

I've been away from World of Warcraft for a while as I moved to Japan for studies. However, as Mists of Pandaria is going to be launched within a month I want to get back and prepare. However, whenever I try to login to my battlenet account I get error message #403 "Too many attempts". Now I've been reading about some people who've had this issue but usually it was resolved within a short amount of time. For me however, it has been there since Monday and I've not been able to connect to battlenet to renew my account.

Now I've tried contacting blizzard several times (which is pretty hard if you've forgot the awnser to your secret question and can't login, but thats no problem anymore) and at first they said that there is nothing you can do and you have to wait for a copple of hours you will be able to login again. Although I didn't really believe this I gave the GM the benefit of the doubt, however it didn't resolve my issue. I still can't login. A while ago I contacted a GM again and he told me that this could possible be resolved by doing any of the following things:

- delete all my cookies and cache memory from my browsers (I did this, it didn't work)
    - try to login on a different computer (I will try this later)

If this doesn't work I should contact them again. The other thing he mentioned was that it could be because I'm currently living in Japan that it doesn't work and that I should report to them that I moved to a different country.

Now my question for you is, has any of you had any similar experience or any experience with error 403 "too many attempts" while trying to login to battlenet and what have you done to resolve this?

In short for those who don't want to read:

-- Error message #403 "Too many attempts" when logging on to battlenet for about a week now. What can I do to resolve this? --

You sure it isn't because you are in Japan? I thought Japan doesn't allow WoW.(Might be wrong)

Japan definitly does allow wow (I've met people before who were playing from Japan and I am able to reach battle.net/wow-europe.com). It might be that I have to move register my move of residence to Japan with Blizzard though. (this is something that the GM told me)
    Last edited by Ethes; 2012-08-26 at 12:02 PM.

Yea Japan allows WoW. Blizzard has a weird thing where you have to change where you live or where you will be playing WoW from. If it notices that you used to play at X for 3 years, and then all of the sudden it sees Y this one time, it thinks it's a possible hacking or something. Just contact Blizzard.

Deleted
    Are you using proxy server? If you are, try disabling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Are you using proxy server? If you are, try disabling it.
    No I'm not. Funny, the GM asked me the same thing ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Got this resolved?

I am also playing from Japan and having troubles logging into battle.net. :/

(Already had that thing where the system autobans you for all of a sudden starting to play from across the world and got the GM I got in contact with to change my current status of residence to Japan..)
    Last edited by plastkaze; 2012-09-03 at 05:31 AM.