Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'm finding myself torn... My raid is still 4/8 heroic, we only raid 2-3 hours once a week... So i still want to be as effective as I can be.

I reforged to parry > dodge > mastey... I'm under 16% dodge so no worries about that inflection point.

My question is: what are people thinking with regards to trinkets and gems? I have all stamina gems now and have the normal assortment of trinkets we all have... Regem parry? Use avoidance trinkets? Mastery? I was thinking with the high likely hood of a full attack hitting maxing stamina would again be the way to go? I have 218k unbuffed right now using h ssv and indom for trinkets.

Also: Reforge to hit/exp to maximize sotr up time?

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to your questions is on the stickied prot guide on this forum.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

So, I've been losing threat to green geared players. How? I'm practically BiS Heroic DS geared, I'm hit and exp capped. I know I'm prioritizing things right. This makes me not want to tank if this shit keeps happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So, I've been losing threat to green geared players. How? I'm practically BiS Heroic DS geared, I'm hit and exp capped. I know I'm prioritizing things right. This makes me not want to tank if this shit keeps happening.
    Re-cast Righteous Fury. It seems to be bugging out and losing its threat bonus sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Re-cast Righteous Fury. It seems to be bugging out and losing its threat bonus sometimes.
    That would explain a lot, dont feel such a numpty now

Well, if it isn't fixed soon, I will be traveling to Blizzard HQ and falcon punching someone in the genital region.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I took to doing that pretty much after every boss in heroics and raid to be sure. I doubt it is falling off that much, but I don't like to fund out by seeing half of the DPS taking a dirt nap.

Is it possible for that bug to happen mid fight? Like I was holding threat just fine and after the oozes hit and people blew cool downs I lost threat to a guy who was doing less dps than me overall. It was weird.

Also as of right now, is there any specific numbers we should aim for like x amount of parry and dodge then stamina stack? Or just do what you're comfortable with?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    GC:

After consideration, we are a bit worried about paladin survivability as well. Shield of the Righteous, buffed by mastery, is a massive amount of mitigation, but the risk is that whenever paladins didn't have it available, they'd risk spike damage. (As an aside, it was also weird for paladins to suddenly be the spikey tank after years of being the opposite.) We're going to increase the Stamina benefit of Guarded by the Light from 15% to 25%.

One additional paladin note is that we are moving the initial tick of Sacred Shield to the end. We didn't want players to feel like the right way to play was to constantly cancel and overwrite the bubble.

Thats a good change, I was feeling a bit like a spikey DK and I didn't like it. I was always wondering whether to smack out an sotr or WOG heal myself. This occasionally put me in the postion where I'd always be short holy power to whack out an sotr if I chose WOG. I didn't see it as an insurmountable obsticle but it did change the way tanking felt on a pala, thats for sure.

Also, vengeance stacking is completely nuts (and I'm loving it!) On madness I try to save my dps cooldowns for just after I get imapaled and I managed a 600k avengers shield on the corruption. I ended up doing twice as much damage as any dps on the corruptions during the course of the whole fight. Also, in theory if you can time the sotr's you don't need to pop any CD's for impale and the new hand that reduces DoT's seems quite nice for tetanus.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2012-09-06 at 01:13 AM.

This is a great guide, thank you sir.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    This is a great guide, thank you sir.
    No problem thanks for viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats a good change, I was feeling a bit like a spikey DK and I didn't like it. I was always wondering whether to smack out an sotr or WOG heal myself. This occasionally put me in the postion where I'd always be short holy power to whack out an sotr if I chose WOG. I didn't see it as an insurmountable obsticle but it did change the way tanking felt on a pala, thats for sure.
    The playstyle that I would recommend is by default hitting SotR at 5 HoPo, and having an immediate 2 HoPo WoG always in the pipe and/or being just 1 generator away from a 3 HoPo WoG (which is conducive to the fact that prot finishers are off the GCD).

If you feel like you need to WoG more than unloading that 2-3 HoPo when faced with dangerous burst damage, then you're dealing with a healing problem, not a tank problem, because in ordinary play it's only your responsibility to help heal yourself reactively in the face of incoming burst, not to duplicate the healer's job.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    the new hand that reduces DoT's seems quite nice for tetanus.
    On a note of Hand of Purity, I do highly recommend getting this as it will be HIGHLY useful in many encounters in the first tier of raids. Depending on how many paladins you bring, this could be brilliant for controlling damage and saving a hell of a lot of mana for the healers.