Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    The viral marketeer is almost as bad as the undercover Blizzard employee who's sole job is to enter game sites and forums and piss in everyone's Cheerios to attempt damage control on a bleeding 7 year old corpse. They rarely ever actually play the game they're attempting to de-hype and use comparisons that either don't exist or aren't even relevant to try to make WoW look better. They fall back on tried and try arguments such as WoW's "tight, responsive feel" and lack of many loading screens, but leave out the glaringly obvious reasons for that such as the fact the game looks like it came out of 1996 on the N64.

Their job becomes increasingly more difficult when the new game they're tasked with de-hyping is actually pretty good. Slandering it cause of it's lack of mounts or 40 something useless abilities that mostly go unused in raids and just take up screen real estate with all the other hand holding addons. Or the lack of a "sound effect" from GW2 achievements popping up. You can see them really grasping at straws to de-hype GW2 but that's why they're on the Blizzard payroll so they press on anyway. Very annoying. Definitely up there with the viral marketeers I agree.
    Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner. Anyone thats played a character up to level 20 and seen the graphics in GW2 alone clearly makes one reminisce about all the glory that was WoWs barely better than Atari/Sega/Nintendo/Pongs graphical prowess. I have done/seen more spectacular things in 20 levels of GW2, than I did in my 2 boring years of WoW spread out through Cata. Kung Fu Panda is their newest addition to that stale franchise? Yikes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    I think that is one of the big problems with "Hype". People's imaginations tend to sore and when the game is not everything they thought it would be.. well you know the rest. Happened to Rift, Aion, and SWTOR. Lets just hod the same damage isn't done to this game like it was to those.
    I find the hype argument a cheap cop out to the real problems of a game. Problems that even the least hyped game would be called out for if they had. Like not easily being able to play with friends. Or obviously silly class design issues. Or pvp servers forcing even teams at all times. Or banning people for chat cussing.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I wish the "dynamic quests" were better.
    They don't seem to happen very often, and they aren't anywhere near on par with WAR's public quests in terms of set piece awesomeness and reward, at least comparing quests in the two games that are about the same length of time into the game.

Edit: the heart regular quests are pretty terrible too. Incredibly outdated mechanics... The story telling in the character quests definitely isn't on par with newer MMO's, like TSW.
    Last edited by Skizo; 2012-08-28 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    "but i was a warrior and he felt very under powered compared to any ranged"

Holy crap:S I play with a warrior and i`m ranged...guess how (i prefer gun over bows however, better single target damage, the bows have awesome aoe damage)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I wish the "dynamic quests" were better.
    They don't seem to happen very often, and they aren't anywhere near on par with WAR's public quests in terms of set piece awesomeness and reward, at least comparing quests in the two games that are about the same length of time into the game.

Edit: the heart regular quests are pretty terrible too. Incredibly outdated mechanics... The story telling in the character quests definitely isn't on par with newer MMO's, like TSW.
    How is GW2 <<heart-public quest>> compared with the WoW ?
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-28 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    I like it a lot more then most WoW quests, as really they all just fall into doing the same things, and GW2 does away with writing a wall of text and making you talk to an npc. So you walk into an area and objectives pop up on the screen and you just do them. But they are rather typical MMO things for the most part.

My only issue with the heart system is that they dont provide enough XP to make leveling through a zone work smoothly. I was hitting level walls and having to go to other zones (much like in Vanilla WoW where you could have to go from Eastern Kingdoms to Kalimdor for like 3 levels then back for the next 2) then ping pong between the 2.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-08-28 at 02:16 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I didn't say WoW. I'm comparing it to the interesting stories and quest diversity in the Secret World. I'd rather have incredible scripted quests for one or more people than public quests with strangers, but those also aren't on par with a game that came out several years ago, WAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I find the hype argument a cheap cop out to the real problems of a game. Problems that even the least hyped game would be called out for if they had. Like not easily being able to play with friends. Or obviously silly class design issues. Or pvp servers forcing even teams at all times. Or banning people for chat cussing.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not specifying any game and I'm definitely not saying that this is the only reason <insert game here> sucks. I'm just saying it is a sizable factor.

I have my own separate reasons for not wanting to play GW2.

Just to fix this thread! GW2 is going to have Player housing AND Guild Housing. GW2 just won end of story!

We are arguing about loke999 guy on mmorpg ?
    While Arenanet have stated that u cant kill any1 in the normal worlds ?
    Side topic, but is this true? What is the difference between PvE and PvP servers than?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    I like how this thread has the [negativity inside] tag, yet the vast majority of posts flamboyantly defend the awesomeness of the game.

Guild Wars 2 rocks. All that needs to be said really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    I like how this thread has the [negativity inside] tag, yet the vast majority of posts flamboyantly defend the awesomeness of the game.

Guild Wars 2 rocks. All that needs to be said really.
    It's been pretty split actually, although the amount of good posts on either end of the argument aren't ranking too well.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    For a minute there I thought this was about the game, not about corporate and marketing policies of ANet or various other video game companies.

Protip: They all have their hands dirty in some regard...playing with the numbers, vague double-speak, etc.
    Protip: You may only give protips if you're a pro, and since I've never seen you at any meetings....

OT: The hype was so massive (for people that read gaming forums, I've never even seen it mentioned anywhere but there) that there was no way the game could actually live up to it.

My only complaint was the lack of real 'endgame' (yeah I know, same de and dungeons but harder, for recolored gear, yippee?...).
    With the way they're throwing temp and perm bans around there won't me many people left playing soon anyways.

Oh, and the cash shop...3 million people cry on forums about blizzard selling vanity pets for real money, gw2 comes out, the same 3 million people go 'yay cash shop'.....
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Side topic, but is this true? What is the difference between PvE and PvP servers than?
    There isn't. That's why you don't actually see ArenaNet label them as such. Every server is a PvE server, with sPvP and WvWvW between them.

Why people are rolling on some servers is the idea that some guilds they may know the names of (whether they're arena-team-awesome or not) are going to auto-win through WvW on ultra crowded servers that have a queue so long that it's good luck trying to get into said WvWvW. Wrong reasons to pick a server, in my personal opinion.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Protip: You may only give protips if you're a pro, and since I've never seen you at any meetings....

OT: The hype was so massive (for people that read gaming forums, I've never even seen it mentioned anywhere but there) that there was no way the game could actually live up to it.

My only complaint was the lack of real 'endgame' (yeah I know, same de and dungeons but harder, for recolored gear, yippee?...).
    With the way they're throwing temp and perm bans around there won't me many people left playing soon anyways.

Oh, and the cash shop...3 million people cry on forums about blizzard selling vanity pets for real money, gw2 comes out, the same 3 million people go 'yay cash shop'.....
    Here's a "pro-tip" for ya.

There's a difference between a B2P MMo having a cash shop to a P2P MMo having one too. Why? If I'm paying you X amount of $$ a month, I think I deserve to have anything in-game given to me for Free or at the very least only cost a few dollars tops. I mean a mount for $15? Name change for $10? charged for server transfers? Charge for race change? The list can go on and on.........

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I for one support their ban policy. People are way to disrespectful these days and throw around words, calling others retards and such becouse they think differently. Afair pretty same policy is often enforced on MMOC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Yeah, but TSW is a rarity ... not a standard for new MMOs I like the story telling in character quests actually. It comes off very natural ... if I was norn hero in making, it's what I would be probably doing. If I was charr ... this is how I would build my warband and claim the ranks in legion.

I would say it's the best medival fantasy storytelling in a MMO I have played where TSW is best modern day fantasy storytelling. And the heart quests and events I just take them as the background that creates atmosphere for the game. I think it suits ppl who like to just roam around, explore the land and role play. Pretty sure if TOR did their non main story questing this way players would be much more happy, actually if TOR was reskinned GW2 it would be superb.

No matter, maybe the class story for other races is not so well done ... I have no idea.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Their job becomes increasingly more difficult when the new game they're tasked with de-hyping is actually pretty good. Slandering it cause of it's lack of mounts or 40 something useless abilities that mostly go unused in raids and just take up screen real estate with all the other hand holding addons. Or the lack of a "sound effect" from GW2 achievements popping up. You can see them really grasping at straws to de-hype GW2 but that's why they're on the Blizzard payroll so they press on anyway. Very annoying. Definitely up there with the viral marketeers I agree.
    Slandering GW2 is pretty easy, dont even need to result to things that arent true to make it look bad.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm well aware of the roles of the companies don't need a lecture (I don't care about NCSoft)
    You however don't seem to realize that NCSoft that promotes and distributes GW isn't NCSoft Korea. (In reference to your lame post here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18184887) for all I know you are paid by Blizzard to campaign against GW2.

Still feel free to post a link to the claimed 7 million players because I cant find it, not even sure what you mean by compendium do you mean the trilogy?

Also why do you keep posting in this thread for no apparent reason, it seems to me you are just reveling in the negativity against NCSoft/ANet/GW.
    You honestly think blizzard would pay someone and make him call himself Benboos ? thats just sick.

Hey guys, let's stop with the "I claim X company hired viral marketers to market Y games/You're a viral marketer" claims. It's pointless and completely without merit unless you can actually post any kind of information about it.

Each game has their dedicated fanbase that gets super invested in the game to the point where they need to see other games fail to make them feel good about their game of choice. Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Hey guys, let's stop with the "I claim X company hired viral marketers to market Y games/You're a viral marketer" claims. It's pointless and completely without merit unless you can actually post any kind of information about it.

Each game has their dedicated fanbase that gets super invested in the game to the point where they need to see other games fail to make them feel good about their game of choice. Shocking, I know.
    Edgecrusher00 = my hero <3 lol I wish people would acknowledge that others enjoy different games for once.