Computer crashes.

I can play GW2 for about 10 minutes before my computer crashes.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution to it?

Prolly over heating or not enough RAM.

Is it specific to gw2 or does it do it with every game?

Edit: Also for us to help we need more info, computer specs and the like.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-08-26 at 06:00 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had dc problems before I went to bed. My friends computer was overheating. He decided to put a big fun to blow cool air on it. So far he hasn't dced.

Deleted
    yer pc is prolly too hot derp

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    I can play GW2 for about 10 minutes before my computer crashes.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution to it?
    You need to be way more specific. The most common problems of computers crashing are overheating or driver issues. From what I usually read anyways. First things first, update your drivers, second download a program to check your computer temps.

It only happens with GW2; no other game.

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor 2.60 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System type: 64-bit

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 520

That's all in order, I'd say that something has to be overheating or its a driver issue. Update your graphics drivers and download a temperature monitoring software.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I updated my drivers, but the crashes still occur. Can anyone recommend a program for registering computer temperature?

Deleted
    Maybe someone here can help me aswell.
    I have no problems with overheating or anything like that but when I try to play GW2 the game is crashing pretty much every 2-5 min saying "Network error".
    I tried every solution there is on the GW2 support webpage but nothing of that helps at all. Even made a support ticket to them at yestorday morning but still no answer.

Spriggs, does you PC say something like this when its crashing: nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 301.42 stopped responding.

No, my monitor just shuts off in the middle of playing and my comp restarts.

Deleted
    No, my monitor just shuts off in the middle of playing and my comp restarts.
    yeah, it's too hot

do you have a fan?

Deleted
    Download MSI Afterburner. Set Fan Speed to 60-80%. Then you prob wont get it overheated.

I updated my drivers, but the crashes still occur. Can anyone recommend a program for registering computer temperature?
    Core Temp

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/