Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Much better launch than expected

Got in 3 hours early, right on the dot, only had a bit of lag in WvW about 30 minutes later, and it ran smoothly until about 45 minutes ago, and yet I still see tons of whiners comparing this to Diablo 3's launch... Really? This had to be the best launch in ages, but people can never be happy about anything on the internet.
    Oh aye.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% agree with you, some people are never content

Diablo 3 launch was a nightmare, guild wars 2 launch is a fresh breeze.

All my friends are having a blast. They say it's a silky smooth launch too. Sadly I can't concur. For some reason I can't get over 15fps on my i7 950 / GTX570 PC.
    It gave me a massive headache playing with such low frames per second.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Nice sarcasm.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Deleted
    Well i managed 5 hours until invalid password kicked me, at least i can go outside now

Quote Originally Posted by Barthilas View Post
    The problem is for pre-ordering you paid a premium ontop direct to Anet to get 3 day headstart. When there's been umpteen stress tests and BWE's there shouldn't be any problems, as someone stated on twitter, this isn't early access it's just another BWE to fix their problems before worldwide release.

They even refused to put up the official forums because of the amount of posts they would get for messing it up. I have encountered dozens of bugs that I reported during the beta which are still not fixed, including a couple of Skill Point challenges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Got in 3 hours early, right on the dot, only had a bit of lag in WvW about 30 minutes later, and it ran smoothly until about 45 minutes ago, and yet I still see tons of whiners comparing this to Diablo 3's launch... Really? This had to be the best launch in ages, but people can never be happy about anything on the internet.
    This may well depend on where you live. Here in the UK I've managed to connect once, made a character and then been kicked before entering the start zone. Now it's just constant "The game client is unable to gain access to the login server at this time."

So no, not really smooth - but not unexpected, after all most MMO launches rarely go smoothly these days. I'll try again tomorrow.

Deleted
    I started at 5AM 3 hours early. Once your ingame the connections fine even with hundreds of people around you.

DC's started around 10 and I haven't been able to reconnect the past hour.

Good launch though, considering other games.

Smooth launch last night for me. Logged in right at the 3 hour ahead mark, created all my characters, played a little and slept. Woke up this morning and no problems logging in and playing. No lag at all.

It's not about not being content, EU login servers are down since 20 minutes after they fired everything up, that's more than 6 hours now during which they couldn't come up with a solution. Curious thing is that this never happened during BWE or stress tests - it's a launch feature!

Other than that the game runs smoothly as expected, which is a nice thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    The login servers have been down for about 1 hour 30 now though, that's not so great on a launch day imo. Up until then it wasn't that bad, but having a login server down for that long definitely gives it a negative talking point

Deleted
    Far Shiverpeaks down from about an hour ago, yeah great start :P

Deleted
    Seriously? EU Folks can't log in at all, "wrong password" problem etc. , issues for 3-4 hours now.
    No, I'm not content at all, regarding all the stress tests and splitting up the amount of people with 3 day/1 day head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Queeg View Post
    The problem is for pre-ordering you paid a premium ontop direct to Anet to get 3 day headstart. When there's been umpteen stress tests and BWE's there shouldn't be any problems, as someone stated on twitter, this isn't early access it's just another BWE to fix their problems before worldwide release.

They even refused to put up the official forums because of the amount of posts they would get for messing it up. I have encountered dozens of bugs that I reported during the beta which are still not fixed, including a couple of Skill Point challenges.
    All of that means nothing when 3x the people play at headstart over any BWE. And launching live servers is differn't from test servers. There are bound to be new bugs. Seriously trying googling before complaining. They even opened 3 hours early to help server stability, if they didn't I guarantee you we will be having a lot more problems.

The problem is for pre-ordering you paid a premium ontop direct to Anet to get 3 day headstart
    It isn't "premium ontop" you paid standard no extra cost no nothing. Other people had to pay more from buying it somewhere else because of retailers.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-25 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Well, it's not official launch, it's headstart
    Anyway, first servers filled up way fast which is a bit of a surprise. And then spvp didnt work and when it finally did servers died. At this point it does feel more like a beta than a full game.

Deleted
    Very disappointing launch, managed to get in game once at 08.10 and got kicked 5 minutes later. Have managed to get back to character creation screen a couple of times, but no luck getting back into the game. Doesn't bode well for the full launch, which is a shame as I loved the game in beta and had none of these problems back then.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Seriously? EU Folks can't log in at all, "wrong password" problem etc. , issues for 3-4 hours now.
    No, I'm not content at all, regarding all the stress tests and splitting up the amount of people with 3 day/1 day head start.
    Played from about 6:30am until about 30 minutes ago. Had 1 dc which was down for 10 minutes.

I'm from the UK, I saw legions of people online as well, so "EU Folks can't log in at all" is false. Quite a large portion of the EU can, another large portion of the EU cannot granted, but its just like D3 launch in the EU where we hammer it and it falls over repeatedly, just like every WoW and just like the monumental queues of SWTOR.

Deleted
    Well it's better than Diablo 3 I suppose, but that's not hard to beat.
    Had a much, much easier time with SWTOR. Haven't been able to get in for 3 hours now, but.. MMOs.. I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by mmocdf265024f7; 2012-08-25 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    All my friends are having a blast. They say it's a silky smooth launch too. Sadly I can't concur. For some reason I can't get over 15fps on my i7 950 / GTX570 PC.
    It gave me a massive headache playing with such low frames per second.
    Have you updated to the NVIDIA beta driver?