Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    THE QICK BROWN OX JMPS OVER LAZY OG
    No U, F and D.
    LOGITECH Cordless Desktop MK250 Keyboard - wireless USB

I need to buy a K90! ^^
    Edit: My MK250 was 25€ cheap in 2010! :P
    Last edited by mmocee8931b182; 2012-08-26 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's not really true, it just means you're not pushing your gameplay to the same degree as some other people.

[SNIP]

Long story short; it's like telling an Olympic swimmer he's silly for shaving his body hair to reduce drag. You might never notice the tiny effect it makes, but he will.
    Implying that pressing more keys at the same time means you're more skilled than other people (and sneaking in a little bit of personal attack as well, good job!) is as fallacious as the other statement - it's a meaningless and confusing analogy. If you're having ghosting issues with a specific keyboard that will dramatically impair your ability to play any game where you use those offending binds.

Keyboard "ghosting" is more like the olympic swimmer suddenly discovering that he has no legs in certain swimming pools. A keyboard that doesn't handle W+A+shift+space+4 for jumping while moving diagonally and hitting your shift-4 spell, or crouching while walking slow and leaning while scoped in your FPS will completely cripple your ability to play almost any high-intensity game and fortunately you have to look pretty hard (and pay really little) to find a keyboard that bad today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Implying that pressing more keys at the same time means you're more skilled than other people (and sneaking in a little bit of personal attack as well, good job!) is as fallacious as the other statement - it's a meaningless and confusing analogy. If you're having ghosting issues with a specific keyboard that will dramatically impair your ability to play any game where you use those offending binds.

Keyboard "ghosting" is more like the olympic swimmer suddenly discovering that he has no legs in certain swimming pools. A keyboard that doesn't handle W+A+shift+space+4 for jumping while moving diagonally and hitting your shift-4 spell, or crouching while walking slow and leaning while scoped in your FPS will completely cripple your ability to play almost any high-intensity game and fortunately you have to look pretty hard (and pay really little) to find a keyboard that bad today.
    Yeah, most keyboards now a days have at least some form of anti-ghosting. Even the cheapest $10 keyboards will usually have something. It sucks though when you are in game and realize that when you press shift+w+1 and nothing happens for some reason. The only keyboard I have ever had an issue with was a friends apple keyboard (the new flat one). I think that gaming was the last thing apple was thinking of though when they designed that keyboard so I can't really bash it too much.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG - cyborg v7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Implying that pressing more keys at the same time means you're more skilled than other people (and sneaking in a little bit of personal attack as well, good job!) is as fallacious as the other statement
    That wasn't a personal attack. Saying that you happen to not be pushing as hard is not saying you couldn't. It's no more a "personal attack" than you saying "well, I never have an issue, so it's clearly a personal problem for those who claim to."

It's like saying there's a rattle in a car but only over 80mph. If your response is "Well, I never drive more than 75, I never hear a rattle", that's not saying you're a worse (or better) driver, or that there's no rattle. Just that you've never driven fast enough to notice it.

Deleted
    THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Filoco Majestouch 2!

TE UIC RWN JUPS VER TE LAY DG

This keyboard is ancient.

Can't remember much details about it. It uses ps2, though. This was bought cheap probably somewhere about 1998-2000. My hands know it so well that I can write fast with it while closed eyes. Some of the keys are completely worn out (specifically WSDA).

Deleted

Logitech G19 - USB

Most anti-ghosting features in modern USB keyboard focus on the WASD area. Holding Both Shift buttons then typing across the keyboard doesn't really prove anything. The situations when I do use more than 4 keys at once are extremely limited and honestly I haven't used key combinations like that in years because, at least from what I can tell, they were aggravating my carpal tunnel. I found it was easier just to have more binds by shifting WASD over to ESDF or even RDFG than to have convoulted Shift+Alt+CTRL binds.

To each their own. if I won't be super ultimate amazing pro gamer because I can't hold down 8 keys at once. Well, if I wanted to do that I'd be using a PS/2 Keyboard anyway :P

Deleted
    THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE DOG

Ducky Shine dk9008s Cherry Mx Red ps2
    Last edited by mmoc995381ff32; 2012-08-27 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Microsoft Sidewinder X4
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account

Logitech G-15
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    HE QUIC BROWN DOG UMPS OVER HE AZ OX

Damn, thought my razor was supposed to be good

Razor Articosa (I retyped it 5x to be sure)

Here's the real kicker though, I dont play with a keyboard.....I have a razer nostromo pad and a steelseries cataclysm mouse and I love them!
    Last edited by dtedwards1; 2012-08-27 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Brain farts and cheerios
    Always be a first rate version of yourself, and never a second rate version of someone else - Gene Tyree.

HE QUIK BROWN FO JUPS OER HE LA DOG

Some 5€ Bush keyboard

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG QWERTYUIOP{}|ASDFGHJKL:"ZXCVBNM<>? daskeyboard brown switches awesome mechanical keyboard

Deleted
    TE UIC RWN JUS VER TE LAY DG

lmao that was awful, using some ancient cheapy logitech keyboard with a PS2 connection. Typed that out 3 times and it was the same keys failing each time

TE QUICK BOWN OX UOVE TE LAZY PG

Usb Wireless Logitech K350

It missed an entire word.....
    Last edited by soulknife; 2012-08-27 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    THUICKBROWNFOXJUPSOVERTHLAZYDOG
    Inbuilt laptop keyboard.

KBC poker with MX Clears.

10+ Year Old Account
    HE QUIK BROWN FO JUPS OER HE LA DOG

Dell XPS 17" built in keyboard ... No idea how it interfaces, but just thought this was a funny thread

THEQUICKBROWNFOXJUMPSOVERTHELAZYDOG
    Done that on a cheap 2.99 keyboard but i use corsair k90 on my gaming pc