Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How exactly come you're trying to get dps gear with crit on it, rather than tank gear with dodge/parry? Sure, you'd do a little less damage as it's "only" .75 crit per 1 dodge/parry, but crit does absolutely nothing for survivability.
    Also, why do you have so much expertise. I can't get below 3.7K cos bad itemisationed gear has been dropping, but you're reforging *in* to expertise, and not reforging out of it on other stuff in favor of dodge/parry (or even crit). Same goes for hit (8.86%).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    How exactly come you're trying to get dps gear with crit on it, rather than tank gear with dodge/parry? Sure, you'd do a little less damage as it's "only" .75 crit per 1 dodge/parry, but crit does absolutely nothing for survivability.
    Also, why do you have so much expertise. I can't get below 3.7K cos bad itemisationed gear has been dropping, but you're reforging *in* to expertise, and not reforging out of it on other stuff in favor of dodge/parry (or even crit). Same goes for hit (8.86%).
    If you look at my gear.. you would see why my hit is at (8.86%) notice all the reforge out of hit.
    As for Exp i went bit more for dps/threat increase (less threat more Dps) even tho it didnt add much to it.
    Not sure if you read my post right but i want more dps, so getting dps gear with crit, since crit has bit higher value then haste.
    You are absolutely right about crit doing nothan for Survivability. and if my healers said i was being face rolled and having trouble healing me then i would go back more into parry. but i would rather get dps gear for more dps (off items LIKE I SAID, bracer/ring/neck/belt depends on item) that has Crit/Mastery or Crit/haste (but even then i dont really want to take haste again).

Please make sure you read post and recheck gear :\

If anyone could toss me info if its worth touching base with dps cloak and Fallen enchant. (mind you feels like Fallen enchant is weak a bit vs Stone or Sword.)
    Last edited by Noix; 2014-02-18 at 02:35 AM.

Wouldnt going haste be better than crit with Thoks on? 9% bonus to its stat compared to 9% crit damage? If you had say 15k mastery and 10k haste, thoks gives you 1400 mastery rating and 900'ish haste rating in value? Would the crit damage outweigh the bonus haste im wondering.

Noix - Maybe the leg enchant could be changed to the dps one for more dps? Str/Crit instead of the stam/dodge, same as shoulder enchant.

As for fallen crusader, I dont know the maths of the top of my head but you would gain somewhere like 3-6k strength when it procs, 3 or 4k bare min and alot more with Thoks proc up.

May want to add the mastery/haste build from http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Death-Knight

Everything else looks good, I like the way you explain talents, rather than the standard "x is better than y and z is useless because I say so"

Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    I misread. If you are suggesting killing mages in your party in 5 mans with GG and MD, i'm 100% on board.

DISCLAIMER: don't do this. no really, don't
    (but totally do it)
    I support this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Wouldnt going haste be better than crit with Thoks on? 9% bonus to its stat compared to 9% crit damage? If you had say 15k mastery and 10k haste, thoks gives you 1400 mastery rating and 900'ish haste rating in value? Would the crit damage outweigh the bonus haste im wondering.

Noix - Maybe the leg enchant could be changed to the dps one for more dps? Str/Crit instead of the stam/dodge, same as shoulder enchant.

As for fallen crusader, I dont know the maths of the top of my head but you would gain somewhere like 3-6k strength when it procs, 3 or 4k bare min and alot more with Thoks proc up.
    Haste got the advantage of boosting both dps and survivability.
    However, I believe crit is much better if you only care about dps, and everybody knows mastery(within reason) is better for survivability

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Hey, Was wondering if changing *Thok's Tail Tip* for *Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman*, going for more dps with my 4 set tier (tank). this is heroic progression atm,
    also going with bit more exp for threat/dps. pushing my crit up by replacing outside items (boots/belt/neck/trinkets/rings) looking at items with crit on it, or even Crit/Master,hit,exp pref sorta trying stay outside the Haste since that was more so last tier. used to have *Britomart's Jagged Pike* Polearm (Warforge) traded out for *Xal'atoh, desecrated* Axe (warfroge).

Was using Enchant Stoneskin just swap to Fallen, but might go back feel as if Fallen isnt doing what i need it to do Dps/Help keep me alive.

Not sure but i feel like i could drop more mastery (Roughly 20% *171%-150%*) to add more Parry, healers havent said anything about me being hard too heal, kinda feel like they let me get low health cuz of it,

If any changes you guys can think of let me know

Edit: Was thinking about using Dps cloak as well. just for the dps increase (Again this is heroic progression)

Thanks
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Noix/advanced
    Raegwyn recommended 200-240/250% buffed(raid buffs are about 30%)mastery depending on boss
    Trinket choice seems weird, id go vial+rook or vial+thok depending on build

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at my gear.. you would see why my hit is at (8.86%) notice all the reforge out of hit.
    As for Exp i went bit more for dps/threat increase (less threat more Dps) even tho it didnt add much to it.
    Not sure if you read my post right but i want more dps, so getting dps gear with crit, since crit has bit higher value then haste.
    You are absolutely right about crit doing nothan for Survivability. and if my healers said i was being face rolled and having trouble healing me then i would go back more into parry. but i would rather get dps gear for more dps (off items LIKE I SAID, bracer/ring/neck/belt depends on item) that has Crit/Mastery or Crit/haste (but even then i dont really want to take haste again).

Please make sure you read post and recheck gear :\

If anyone could toss me info if its worth touching base with dps cloak and Fallen enchant. (mind you feels like Fallen enchant is weak a bit vs Stone or Sword.)
    With vengeance stacked, the 15%(?) str buff from fallen shouldn't make much difference.
    The healing proc feels like its just there because it was originally there, not to be useful(just like herbalism's cooldown heals 20 health)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Both effects of thok increase the value of the respective stat by 7-9% (depending on it's level).
    And since dodge/parry are better stats than haste there's nothing about thok's that would change this.

Fallen Crusader is generally the better choice since you don't lose that much parry, the parry you lose over SS doesn't give crit anyway and the healing while not amazing still does add up to a few % of healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Both effects of thok increase the value of the respective stat by 7-9% (depending on it's level). There's no difference between 9% more haste and 9% more crit dmg on their effects.
    And since dodge/parry are better stats than haste there's nothing about thok's that would change this.

Fallen Crusader is generally the better choice since you don't lose that much parry, the parry you lose over SS doesn't give crit anyway and the healing while not amazing still does add up to a few % of healing.

Thats what i kinda thought also about Fallen vs SS, it just seems like Fallen isnt really doing anything, unless you WoL or check Skada/Recount.
    haste isnt really worth anything. is why i was thinking *Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman* is better then Thok (slighly maybe?), just wanted 2nd OP. Str alone is Parry + Dps increase with the proc of crit.

My idea, is to have or keep really close to 990k - 1,050k health (give or take), Mast (roughly) 170%-200%, go with stats (2 tank fight mostly) Parry>Crit>Mast (Yes of course 7.5 hit/exp (still in question of the Exp at 7.5)) > Haste/dodge >Stam
    Then swap off to 1 tank fight and use more of a Parry>Mast>Stam/crit/dodge>haste (This would be more Full tank gear more so then, half tank/dps(off items)

Idea crit would be roughly 15%-20% Unbuff (i did some testing on few of our heroic runs. i was able to hit 35% Crit **Of course this was due to veng/Rep proc**). Just seems that Tank dps is sorta important in heroic progression.

zoomgpally, Yea the rook trinket i was told is almost a MUST HAVE for Mal heroic solo tanking/ solo tanking his clave (2nd phase). i was under the impression that haste was lesser value then most stats at a point (lets say roughly 10-15% max i would say) due to GCD Lock, plus with AMS and SoB, its almost like you cant spend all the RP you get fast enough.

Dazu, I was thinking about changing the enchants to more dps but i want to kinda stay away from that, still a thought tho.

Nillo, (not sure but your talking sword shattering?), Does fallen even compete with Stoneskin (yea kinda weird to say, since Stone dont offer nothing beside ARmor boost/Health).

ss = sword shattering , ssg = stoneskin gargoyle
    It doesn't compete with SSG since the effects are completely different, but I really can't think of any situation where SSG would be a good choice in the first place anyway.

Does any other dk find that Monk tanks have retarted threat. I mean its like keg smash is just so OP for threat, other tank in my group is pulling insane threat with 5ish lower ilvl then myself. this is why i sorta wanna push 15% exp (Mind you i know Exp wont really do much). just dont understand.

Yes monks are dumb

Does any other dk find that Monk tanks have retarted threat. I mean its like keg smash is just so OP for threat, other tank in my group is pulling insane threat with 5ish lower ilvl then myself. this is why i sorta wanna push 15% exp (Mind you i know Exp wont really do much). just dont understand.
    I have to admit, when you say "retarded" I think "a bit slow, not quite normal", and that isn't how I would describe it.

...but, uh, monk tanks. They are the literal definition of OP. Every time someone is all like "hunter is OP" or "pally is OP" I think "...do they have a flat 15 percent damage nerf applied to literally everything they do?"

Monks do. Because "we nerf damage by 15 percent, full stop" is the literal definition of OP. So, yeah, Blizzard agreed with you.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I have to admit, when you say "retarded" I think "a bit slow, not quite normal", and that isn't how I would describe it.

...but, uh, monk tanks. They are the literal definition of OP. Every time someone is all like "hunter is OP" or "pally is OP" I think "...do they have a flat 15 percent damage nerf applied to literally everything they do?"

Monks do. Because "we nerf damage by 15 percent, full stop" is the literal definition of OP. So, yeah, Blizzard agreed with you.
    lol i lawl'd (>.<) I miss the days of Icy touch spam in ICC (OP Threat spam). yea 15% is alot >.>

Yet i cant even play my monk tank cuz "I dont get it".

Deleted
    Hey just dug out my old DK and was wondering what Engeneering glove enchant you are using for Blood spec? Synapse springs obv gives extra AP but the +dodge would give extra riposte if I am correct.

I see much bitching about dk tanks being weak or losing threat easily unlike others and i wandered to switch on blood dk or brewmaster for WoD.. are dk tanks in that bad spot?

dk tanks are weaker but they're not bad.
    and no one has any idea what tanks are gonna be like next xpac yet

I have trouble getting threat back from my offtank which is a feral druid. I think the monk/druid threat is simply because for them a dps stat is their survival stat (crit). Meaning the more they stack for survival, the higher there dps goes etc. Whereas a DK stacking survival basically gets no dps boost from those stats (a little crit from parry etc). Also their tanking trinkets for example are often dps trinkets (monk BiS is the multistrike trinket ffs).

As for my reasoning between haste over crit with thoks, my crit values /rates seem pretty low, which to me would seem to reduce the value of the 9% crit damage boost, whereas the haste boost would benefit all sides overall (crit dam via more attacks, more DS = more use of mastery bonus etc).

Deleted
    There is no such thing as an universal BIS trinket for any tank. Depending on what you are going for you can either choose to go for more damage and use DPS enhancing trinkets like multi strike/ thok etc or go for defences and slot Malkorok.
    Most DKs are now gearing and gemming for parry and therefore are getting crit and dps that way. Obviously you won't reach bear crit levels that way (my bear toon has 88.15% crit buffed) but it helps nonetheless.

As said before no one know how tanking will be in WoD and what class will be awesome. Guess we have to wait for beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    I see much bitching about dk tanks being weak or losing threat easily unlike others and i wandered to switch on blood dk or brewmaster for WoD.. are dk tanks in that bad spot?
    Too early to say anything about WoD, but right now DK's are ok. Certainly not the best of the bunch, but not bad by any means. A well played DK will not hold back your group on any current heroic boss.

does xal'atoh drop while having loot set for blood spec?

you can easily check with the dungeon journal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomonk View Post
    does xal'atoh drop while having loot set for blood spec?
    It does. All 2-handers with STR drops for Death Knights (all speccs)