Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If your macro ideal parry % is higher than your current parry %, then you should be reforging into dodge yes (but not at the cost of mastery) if you are doing a mastery> avoidance build.

Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    If your macro ideal parry % is higher than your current parry %, then you should be reforging into dodge yes (but not at the cost of mastery) if you are doing a mastery> avoidance build.
    Thanks. But I'm still confused. My macro parry % is lower than what I have (Ideal 14.63 vs. Actual 19.40). Did you mean I should reforge down?

10+ Year Old Account
    sry lemme make sure I'm giving you the right advice. Are you losing stam and gaining mastery to get the t14 4pc? Or is that what you gain by ignoring the 4pc?
    because of gems and socket bonuses i would lose stam and gain mastery if using 2pc t15 (lfr) over 4pc t14 normal

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    because of gems and socket bonuses i would lose stam and gain mastery if using 2pc t15 (lfr) over 4pc t14 normal
    Then keep the t14 4pc for a bit longer.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Thanks. But I'm still confused. My macro parry % is lower than what I have (Ideal 14.63 vs. Actual 19.40). Did you mean I should reforge down?
    It means your parry is too high in terms of DR. This means you need less parry and more dodge (neither at the cost of mastery).

the free blood boil/dnd procs don't grant RP anymore since 5.3

not sure if deliberate nerf or bug

I hope not because that's kind of retarded °_°

DnD has never given RP off CS procs. I'll log in now to check on BB.

EDIT: sad news, they did remove RP from CS proc BB
    Last edited by Reniat; 2013-05-22 at 05:50 PM.

DnD has never given RP off CS procs. I'll log in now to check on BB.

EDIT: sad news, they did remove RP from CS proc BB
    Back in beta when they gave us Crimson Scourge back GC did say the procs were not going to give RP (Like Rime). They're finally fixing that bug.

The thing is that the proc was only good for the extra RP - with that removed it's pretty much useless (and even a hindrance if you want to get rid of blood runes...)

bug fix or not, without compensation it is a nerf. 10 RP every CS is a not insignificant dps nerf.

Meh don't think it's all that significant - it's just completely uncalled for and without any compensation -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Meh don't think it's all that significant - it's just completely uncalled for and without any compensation -.-
    Compensation isn't needed, we weren't supposed to have it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    Compensation isn't needed, we weren't supposed to have it in the first place.
    Except that it was the only thing that made this proc somewhat useful and we're not in a particularly good place atm.

Deleted
    Hello fellow blood death knights,

i'm looking for some tips on reforging for my DK in a more DPS-oriented direction. as you'll see in the following link, my raidteam is slowly progressing through ToT normal and i don't feel that surviving is much of a concnern anymore to me. so i'm trying to squeeze out more DPS and by shuffling around some stats to hit/exp-cap and using Fallen Crusader i'm starting to achieve just that.

link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...posia/advanced

I'm aware that my boots and shoulders are not enchanted and plan to do just that.
    in all honesty i used reforge lite with a hit=exp>mastery>avoidance-setup and am not that sure if i ended up right. i'm really confused about the diminishing returns on parry and dodge and never sure if i have the right stat weighting.

apart from changing gear to more dps-oriented items such as trinkets and such (and specc obv (runic corruption for example)), do you have any suggestions regarding my current reforgings and / ore gems?

thanks in advance,

input is really appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    Hello fellow blood death knights,

i'm looking for some tips on reforging for my DK in a more DPS-oriented direction. as you'll see in the following link, my raidteam is slowly progressing through ToT normal and i don't feel that surviving is much of a concnern anymore to me. so i'm trying to squeeze out more DPS and by shuffling around some stats to hit/exp-cap and using Fallen Crusader i'm starting to achieve just that.

link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...posia/advanced

I'm aware that my boots and shoulders are not enchanted and plan to do just that.
    in all honesty i used reforge lite with a hit=exp>mastery>avoidance-setup and am not that sure if i ended up right. i'm really confused about the diminishing returns on parry and dodge and never sure if i have the right stat weighting.

apart from changing gear to more dps-oriented items such as trinkets and such (and specc obv (runic corruption for example)), do you have any suggestions regarding my current reforgings and / ore gems?

thanks in advance,

input is really appreciated.
    Hey!

you're currently logged out in PvP Gear - so I can just give you the basics.

You can reforge to 15% EXP instead of 7.5%. It's just a minor DPS increase, because some of your styles (like RS) can't be dodged/parried anyway. But it's still a DPS gain.

A better solution would be to reforge for Haste. Haste still gives you some form of mitigation (because your rune reg is increased) and increases your DPS alot.

7.5% Hit > 7.5% Exp > Haste > Mastery > All

Other than that - DPS Meta Gem, Fallen Crusader Runeforge, DPS Enchants like Str on Gloves instead of Mastery, DPS Trinkets

You can even gem for Haste in some form if you want to push it.

Just figure out how much you can sacrifice in order to do more dps while still staying alive and keeping your healers from dying due to a heartattack.

----

You can also make sure to improve your Tanking-Playstyle.

Make sure to cheese out every bit of Vengeance. Try standing in fire, getting nuked on purpose, sitting down (/sit) to get critted. High Vengeance means high Damage. Just make sure you will actually survive :-)

Use 2 DPS Potions. One Pre-potted and one under the influence of bloodlust/high vengeance/drw/trinket proccs and so on.

Track your Vengeance level with Addons like Weakauras so you know when to burn those cooldowns.

Use DRW as a DPS Cooldown. Use Army every Fight with High Vengeance levels.

Use DPS Flask.

Make sure you're not wasting any GCDs and your Rotation/Priority is on-par.

-----

Hope that helped you abit

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Use DPS Flask.
    You mean elixirs - aight?

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    You can reforge to 15% EXP instead of 7.5%. It's just a minor DPS increase, because some of your styles (like RS) can't be dodged/parried anyway. But it's still a DPS gain.
    An extra 2550 Expertise is better than 2550 Haste? I find that hard to believe...

10+ Year Old Account
    hello fellow dks

in the meantime i managed to get 3 LFR Tokens (Chest, Shoulders, Helm) and one Normal token (legs). should i go for the t15 4pc already or wait? i'd gain about 840 mastery and 500 stam. or should i go for 2pc tank and dps?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced

please pardon my english

from what I understand 4 piece is shit, go for 2 piece helm and shoulders and off pieces or 2 piece dps and 2 piece tank (not sure which 2 pieces then, think it is legs and shoulders for dps?)

also another change not mentioned in the patch notes, AMS works differently now
    remember how you could reset the debuff on dark animus? as in you used AMS, it did the slam the debuff was compleatly removed from you? well not it just prevents the application of the debuff and doesn't extend it's duration, it still drops off but it is a change in the behavior of AMS ^^

possible change with 5.4 boss fights in mind and some magic stacks that DKs could cheese like palas can now?