Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From what i gather it sounds like someone went to allot of trouble to trick blizzard into changing his email and what not, if this is the case then fault also falls on blizzard and they should have to restore everything that was lost. Including arena teams/ rank.
    Last edited by Exoblade; 2012-08-27 at 02:44 AM.

Used a fake ID, which means they had to fax it to blizzard, know his real name and DOB, which isn't hard for a 'hacker' if his computer was THAT unsecured, his fault. If it wasn't through hacking, he should get better friends.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Yep, its his fault that someone used a fake ID to get his info and haxxor him. You're right.
    Any fake ID wouldn't work he allowed his personal info to be placed out there due to his own stupidity/naivety. Because of that he's responsible for it and should be the one to deal with getting back up to his rank if he can do that in 2 days more power to him if he can't well hopefully he learned from his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Used a fake ID, which means they had to fax it to blizzard, know his real name and DOB, which isn't hard for a 'hacker' if his computer was THAT unsecured, his fault. If it wasn't through hacking, he should get better friends.
    Sorry but thats going to far, anyone who doesn't even know anything about "hacking" can see his name from skype or w/e and look up his facebook or something similar.

Someone going all out to bring somebody down will bring them down, its not his fault unless your going to pc cafes to paly wow or w/e or downloading keyloggers.

Deleted
    He'll get his rank restored, there's no doubt about it. People thinking or saying otherwise are plain stupid.

That blizzard employee that allowed this stupid thing to happen will probably get fired aswell, which he totally deserves.

People in this thread seriously need to get over themselves.

"Herp derp why should I care? Some e-famous douche got hacked? Blizzard shouldn't give his crap back because it's obviously his own fault his account was compromised!"

First of all, from what I gather in this thread, the guy DOES have an authenticator. Are you honestly trying to say it's his own fault some troll with malicious intent exploited the secret question bullshit and gained access to his account JUST because he's a renowned player?

Yeah, I'm sure you'd appreciate Blizzard hanging you out to dry in that situation.

As for the "Why should I care?"

Maybe you shouldn't? Why ask such a stupid question?

While I'm not personally a fan, I acknowledge the guy's skills as a player. He's a really good Priest who has made multiple awesome videos and apparently contributed a lot to the community.

That's plenty reason for people to care. If you can't understand that, maybe you're just out of touch.

Deserves it for being sitting scum.
    Really needs to be some form of rating decay so you can't get a title you sat on for 9 months without playing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Any fake ID wouldn't work
    I was using an expired passport once to regain access to an account. Why shouldn't a fake one do as well ? They just ask for a copy. And so in essence it is your fault if people happen to know you by your real name and that you play wow ? Not bad. Must be really lonely.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-08-27 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    He'll get his rank restored, there's no doubt about it. People thinking or saying otherwise are plain stupid.

That blizzard employee that allowed this stupid thing to happen will probably get fired aswell, which he totally deserves.
    You mean fired for doing his job? Yeah he really deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    From what i gather it sounds like someone went to allot of trouble to trick blizzard into changing his email and what not, if this is the case then fault also falls on blizzard and they should have to restore everything that was lost. Including arena teams/ rank.
    So it's Blizzard's fault that someone legitimaly (yes, they properly did the procedures) used ID and other information, even if fake, to get into his account? If Blizzard doesn't know the stuff was fake, they're only assuming that the person is actually the person they say they are. There's a lot of stuff you need sometimes to get your account back, you know.

But, it's always easier to blame Blizzard than the actual users for being retarded with his information or just a very smart account stealer.

Deleted
    This is a perfect example of how pitiful the WoW PvP community.

The fact nothing will be done about it (As is the same every season) shows how little Blizzard care about competitive PvP in WoW.

Edit: To anyone complaining about him sitting at the rating. Don't tell me if you had a comfortable rank 1 position, you'd risk it all by queuing. Especially when this season is full of aids comps like triple DPS.
    Last edited by mmoccba440cc3b; 2012-08-27 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    Sorry but thats going to far, anyone who doesn't even know anything about "hacking" can see his name from skype or w/e and look up his facebook or something similar.

Someone going all out to bring somebody down will bring them down, its not his fault unless your going to pc cafes to paly wow or w/e or downloading keyloggers.
    That's what I'm saying, nobody forced him to put ANY personal info on the internet. If it was somebody that knew his real name, it was most likely someone he gave it to or made it available to voluntarily, in addition to all the other personal info that is needed to prove you are who you say you are to blizzard or any other company.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    To anyone complaining about him sitting at the rating. Don't tell me if you had a comfortable rank 1 position, you'd risk it all by queuing. Especially when this season is full of aids comps like triple DPS.
    This exactly . Why is he a scumbag for sitting r1 and not playing ? Is he supposed to just lose r1 because people don't like him sitting it ?

Deleted
    To all the people crying 'Who cares?'

There are actually players or ex-players (like me) that still enjoy watching, and keeping up with competetive PvP. Just because you don't care, does not mean others feel the same.

This exactly . Why is he a scumbag for sitting r1 and not playing ? Is he supposed to just lose r1 because people don't like him sitting it ?
    Exactly.

There will always be camping until Blizzard adds rating decay. Blame Blizzard for neglecting ladder play, don't blame the players for playing smartly.
    Last edited by mmoccba440cc3b; 2012-08-27 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    To all the people crying 'Why should i care' or 'Who cares?'

There are actually players or ex-players (like me) that still enjoy watching, and keeping up with competetive PvP. Just because you don't care, does not mean others feel the same.
    Just because you care doesn't mean others should.

Then let them not care instead of just coming here just to say "Why should I care" then leave

Nobody asked you to care. He posted this in a forum of public opinion as a statement. It's merely information. The one getting their panties in a bunch about giving a damn is you.

Guess he isn't a genius after all

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm gonna start walking into weddings and birthday parties and just yelling "I don't care." Apparently it's an acceptable thing to do.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-08-27 at 03:07 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Edited to clarify what i meant. I understand it may be hard for some to understand