Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto talents patch 5.01

I have to admit I am a bit scared of this upcoming patch and new talents.
    I searched the Internet and wasn't able to find anything useful or anyone's post who'd discuss new resto druid talents and choices. I've watched videos on youtube but they are outdated.

I am puzzled what should I take either "Incarnation" - allows you to go into tree of life form and cast spells 15% faster (has 3 min cooldown) or to take Force of Nature (summons 3 torrents who cast healing touch on your target) that one has 1 min cooldown. You CANNOT have both atm in beta so I assume it's going to be a choice on Tuesday either Tree of Life form vs Torrents.

Mushrooms healing is ok when you aren't healing much and raid is about to take a huge damage but keybinding and casting 3 mushrooms aka losing time with healing is a down side.

What are other resto droods going to take?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going:

Tier 1: Feline Swiftness
    Tier 2: Cenarion Ward
    Tier 3: Mass Entanglement
    Tier 4: Incarnation (Will test out Force of Nature too)
    Tier 5: Ursol's Vortex

Remember, these can be changed on the fly too, similar to glyphs, so I will be changing many of them often, depending on the situation.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Deleted
    T1: Feline Swiftness and Wild Charge on some fights just to try it out.
    T2: CW
    T3: Don't really know... probably Typhoon
    T4: I will test all of them.
    T5: Ursol's Vortex

1. Wild Charge
    2. NS
    3. FS
    4. Incarnation
    5. Ursol's Vortex
    6. Nature's Vigil

Though I'm looking at LFG and Rated bg's
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Wild Charge
    2. NS, or CW
    3. Most likely Typhoon
    4. This ill change depending on the fight. Fights like Ultraxion solo heal, Soul of the Forest. Others, like Spine, Incarnation. Not sure about the treants yet.
    5. Ursol's Vortex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    1. Feline Swiftness
    2. Most likely NS
    3. Typhoon
    4. Incarnation
    5. Ursol's Vortex

I will of course change to have the best possible spec for each encounter, but this will be my general build.
    Last edited by mmoc2bfbeaac95; 2012-08-29 at 04:49 AM.

1. I found feline swift and wild charge both to be good, but wild charge might be a bit annoying to use at times
    2. NS
    3. Typhoon
    4. Tree form most likely, haven't seen treants do much
    5. Anything of your choice, doesnt matter much

1. Wild Charge is better than Feline Swiftness on all DS encounters (maybe excluding Zonozz and Hagara if you do running around in frost phase)
    2. NS.
    3. Whatever.
    4. Incarnation.
    5. Whatever.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

1. Testing Displacer Beast on beta showed that it's actually not as bad as everyone seems to think it is. If you don't take the invisibility part into account the talent starts to look like Blink on 30 sec cd which is not bad at all. It works exactly the same as the mage one meaning you can prevent falling damage (not sure about breaking roots though). Other talents are good too (Wild Charge is a bit awkward sometimes) so I'm probably going to switch between them all depending on the situation.
    2. Nature's Swiftness. It's good now and it will be even better since the spell you cast (most likely HT) becomes stronger and mana free. NS can be a lifesaver sometimes while Cenarion Ward is just another hot you gonna cast on tank.
    3. Going with Typhoon just because it's fun to cast from stealth on bgs. Maybe will switch to something else if needed.
    4. All are good and time will tell. I personally like Force of Nature because of short cd but the choice is probably going to vary from fight to fight.
    5. Mighty Bash. Ursol's Vortex is fine too but I feel like Mighty Bash is more practical.

Ok so Force of nature (torrents) those torrents cast healing touch on the target you've selected and they don't switch around to other players when we (druids) heal the raid. I am thinking it might be a great talent to take if a druid is a tank healer....are they making us good tank healers now? With Lifebloom at 3 stacks able to jump full duration on another target?

Taking Incarnation (Tree of Life form) - Note that you have 15% improved healing done and you can heal any target when your healing is improved. I haven't done dungeons/raids on beta but when I was in SW, I tried to heal multi targets with Incarnation casting LB on many targets but wasn't successful simply because when I'd start healing people in SW either they'd get annoyed and run away or just run away for some reason.

Anyone who has seen a huge improvement on healing with Incarnation?

Last question.... what glyphs are you taking? I currently have glyph of Rejuv/Lifebloom and Rebirth (battle rez). I talked to my raid leader about swapping maybe for glyph of WG (Wild Growth) but we decided for me to keep br glyph since we sometimes do get tanks death on spine/madness and he always calls me out first to get the tank up because I am the only one who has "good" battle rez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    Ok so Force of nature (torrents) those torrents cast healing touch on the target you've selected and they don't switch around to other players when we (druids) heal the raid. I am thinking it might be a great talent to take if a druid is a tank healer....are they making us good tank healers now? With Lifebloom at 3 stacks able to jump full duration on another target?
    They heal randomly picked low healthed targets in raid or party be it pets or whatever.

The raw healing between trees and WG is a roughly win from SofT and buffing as many WGs you can without delaying it to much. However i do belive that the Trees will have way lower overhealing when we go to Dragon Soul then Wild Growth considering the overhealing you would already be doing + 50% haste.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-08-27 at 01:15 PM.

The issue with battle rez glyph should be a little easier to deal with, I believe they changed the druid's brez to 60% hp instead of 20%, so the chances of the rez target getting gibbed instantly aint as bad. However, 100% > 60%, but its a choice still.

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    1. Wild Charge is better than Feline Swiftness on all DS encounters (maybe excluding Zonozz and Hagara if you do running around in frost phase)
    2. NS.
    3. Whatever.
    4. Incarnation.
    5. Whatever.
    How are you going to use charge on a fights like spine, madness? Or on blackhorn, wouldn't all around speed be best for soaking? I just don't see many advantages to charge over FS without forcing it for little gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    How are you going to use charge on a fights like spine, madness? Or on blackhorn, wouldn't all around speed be best for soaking? I just don't see many advantages to charge over FS without forcing it for little gain.
    The biggest advantage to charge is being able to stand still and finish casting something, and then using it to jump to the location you need/want to be. Particular if tank healing since you'll use more cast time spells then.

For Blackthorn it would be great for getting into Onslaught or soaking a barrage assuming 1 other person has gotten there before you. (especially useful for barrage soaking when your partner is there and you haven't quite made it yet, or for when onslaught is on the far side of the ship, but near the tanks/melee) - though i agree Feline Swiftness would work well on this fight as well.

For Spine...the only time i could see using it is maybe for a roll, since the rest of the time you aren't moving much and want to stand near the blood tank pre kite at least. However I'd be a little leery with using it - would want to test it out once and make sure it wouldn't miss and drop you off the side or something. Either way not really much running for this fight as a healer so doesn't matter much.

For Madness there isn't that much movement either..., i'd prolly take feline swiftness for faster positioning of parasites or something.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-08-27 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    On a matter of glyphs if i may ...
    Where do we get new glyphs?
    Will the current ones be replaced with new ones or we have to go to AH/Inscriptors (they wont have em right now too i think) etc?

From a PvE perspective:

1 Wild Charge most of the time (for the novelty of it mostly), Feline Swiftness otherwise (when it works better with the fight)

2 NS by default, I'd rather have a burst big heal over another hot on the tank to manage. Though with Brewmasters and their dot or any fight mechanic with more constant damage - like maybe ultrax, where single target burst isn't needed, then CW.

3 Meh doesn't matter much for DS. Typhoon by default. Faerie Swarm if there isn't another sunder in raid (since FS applies 3 stacks in one cast - not sure if regular faerie fire applies 3 stacks in one cast)

4 Prolly Incarnation by default. SoTF on Ultrax perhaps. Maybe play with FoN on some of the easier farm fights. (anyone know if they cause stacks during purple ooze?)

5) Meh doesn't matter for DS. Ursols Vortex by default.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-08-27 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Probably wild charge, it's simply awesome.
    2. Cenarion ward
    3. Don't really care, faerie swarm perhaps for sparkles!
    4. Unsure, force of nature I think.
    5. Don't care, but mighty bash is more useful than the other 2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    The biggest advantage to charge is being able to stand still and finish casting something, and then using it to jump to the location you need/want to be. Particular if tank healing since you'll use more cast time spells then.

For Blackthorn it would be great for getting into Onslaught or soaking a barrage assuming 1 other person has gotten there before you. (especially useful for barrage soaking when your partner is there and you haven't quite made it yet, or for when onslaught is on the far side of the ship, but near the tanks/melee) - though i agree Feline Swiftness would work well on this fight as well.

For Spine...the only time i could see using it is maybe for a roll, since the rest of the time you aren't moving much and want to stand near the blood tank pre kite at least. However I'd be a little leery with using it - would want to test it out once and make sure it wouldn't miss and drop you off the side or something. Either way not really much running for this fight as a healer so doesn't matter much.

For Madness there isn't that much movement either..., i'd prolly take feline swiftness for faster positioning of parasites or something.
    I don't know I am dubious. With FS stacking with boot enchants it is pretty damn awesome, adding kitty, and other boosts like worgen and it's pretty nuts. I always see moving out of the small things as being huge. Charge won't reduce the damage from the more minor ground mechanics we need to dodge, and FS will still work great even when WC might be a bit quicker.

I just see it as being better all around, on specific mechanics picking up WC might make sense, but I personally see it being the exception, and FS as the baseline.

Just feels forced, even in your blackhorn example. There is no reason to direct heal before onslaughts. You would be hot blanketing and can do that while moving. But for soaking the little ones it would rock.

Or take a MoP example, Stone Guard, charge seems great on fire chains (as long as your buddy is not standing in a bad spot), but then we also need to dodge cobalt grasps. I think overall FS would do both both great, where charge really only helps one.

WC looks like fun, I bet many will become pros at using their shrooms to hop around etc. But honestly I think it may end up being more nifty/fun than effective, and actually worse than FS if you really are objective about it. Though, like I said, some mechanics might fit it perfectly and be the exception.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-08-27 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    Feline Swiftness only matters much on Blackhorn aswell as Wild Charge would tho it all comes down to personal prefference.

For blackhorn yes Pre hotting on alot of ppl before it hits is good but tank might be low and need you to finnish that last cast and then you fly into raid and soak it.

Tbh i vent on ptr to test with no spirit reforged away i can't see us pre hotting much.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-08-27 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    On spine and madness you don't move at all, so it doesn't matter. Can just untalent that tier and won't notice the difference really.

WC is not only "leap to friendly unit". You can travel form jump (similar to goblin racial) and cat/bear form charge. Use that to your advantage and you will see how complicated encounter mechanics become just 'LOLOLO I STAND STILL AND DONT DIE'. The fine example is Blackhorn heroic. You can leap through fire if it's blocking your path, you can jump to people in barrages if others can't make it, you can jump to onslaught if you are not making it in time. On some beta encounters it makes you avoid some natural void zones by just leaping over them or getting out of retarded positions if you happen to derp.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids