Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    Flame? Nope, we are not wow-fans. After reading your post I am glad you didnt like it and I hope you stay with WOW for a long time.
    I hated the game for the exact same reasons, and I don't even play WoW. It's not a good game. A ban wave for bad language doesn't show they care for their product. I can be extremely mean without using one curse word and Anet will do nothing. To be honest, I don't see how this is not recycled gameplay. Everything about this game is transparent.

I agree. You do not see.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I hated the game for the exact same reasons, and I don't even play WoW. It's not a good game. A ban wave for bad language doesn't show they care for their product. I can be extremely mean without using one curse word and Anet will do nothing. To be honest, I don't see how this is not recycled gameplay. Everything about this game is transparent.
    aaaw, you still believe silly rumours. There has been no proof whatsoever that someone got banned for bad language, a bad campaign by haters as usual. Same happened when SWTOR launched, someone got banned for fuck using as well. And in the end there was no proof

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Are you level 80 already? Have you beaten all the dungeons? No? I thought so...
    I really don't get why everyone is attacking that guy. I have heard a lot of people who are happy there is no end game. They don't feel like they are forced to log on, or get left behind. Also, what is the end game people are refering to, and why do so many people think it doesn't exist if it does?

When are people going to realize there is no such thing as the best [insert game of said genre here]? It's all subjective, why not just be happy that you are having fun? If you are enjoying well I'm happy for you!(Also I will be playing wow alongside GW2, no reason to not bounce between the 2!)

OT: I'm enjoying my time and I truly love the art in this game, never before have I felt like I was in an actual interactive landscape painting GW2 should bring me plenty of enjoyment for years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    aaaw, you still believe silly rumours. There has been no proof whatsoever that someone got banned for bad language, a bad campaign by haters as usual. Same happened when SWTOR launched, someone got banned for fuck using as well. And in the end there was no proof
    To tell you the truth, I don't give a fuck. The only people I talk to in Gwars is my friends over vent. I have no choice over the quests, but I'm forced to play a goody two shoes human who I cannot at all relate to in the way he talks or acts and its mind bogglingly annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I didn't say happy people are wrong, seeing as though the rest still have not come back. All I said is there is always a trend like this for new MMO's and seeing my guild and with my facebook newsfeed with people saying they are not too impressed by the game, plus on top of playing in BWE myself and finding the game fairly mediocre it just seems like a game that will not hold attention for very long.

Sure some people like it and are enjoying it, but it is far from "THE BEST MMO EVAR CREATED!!1111oneonenone" just from seeing the amount of negative feedback thus far.
    Do not forget Guild Wars 2 is a game without subscription nor any payment restriction.
    You can always play for 30minutes, and then log back again in whenever you please.
    People might go back to wow because they have paid for their time, so they might feel squeezing it out before their sub is over :>

Sure some people dislike it and are hating it, but it is not far from "THE BEST MMO EVAR CREATED!!1111oneonenone" just from seeing the amount of possitive feedback thus far.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2012-08-27 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One love <3

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Most of these threads I take with a grain of salt.

Every new MMO has people screaming "BEST NEW GAME EVAR!!!!" for its first 2-3weeks, and then it sinks in that it is really nothing special, and people start slowly dipping away from it.

It happens with all games these days, this game is no different. Thus far only 2 days into headstart I have already had about half the people in my Guild that left for Headstart log back on WoW and say things along the lines of "Ehh its an alright game, nothing special." Most of these people are GW1 Veterans aswell.

I'm going to give this game about 2-3 months before I even contemplate buying it, just to see how well it "holds" people. But after what I felt in BWE I'm unsure if I really even want to pay for the game.
    Im like you... i dont want to rush into another game.. Ive been burned before :P. But to me it looks interesting.. but not enough to make me want to go out and get it
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Well from what I have read and watched, end game is either redoing old stuff for dress up, or PvP. So if he isn't into playing dress up or PvP, there is no end game for him. In fact most people have been using the no end game line as a sales point.

No to mention that there will be streaming updates in the game, making it so that if you do go back to old areas when you are level capped, chances are that you will come across events that you have never even done before, I don't really see that to be "old content". Also, as said in the video there will be patches with new dungeons to do in addition with expansions.

I would also like to point out that going by the way they have released expansions in the past with GW1, we will most likely see them being released much quicker than most standard MMO's. If memory serves me right I believe there was a total of three expansions for GW1 in a matter of 2 years.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Also, what is the end game people are refering to, and why do so many people think it doesn't exist if it does?
    "End game" originated from chess, and describes the state of a particular game of chess when the vast majority of the pieces have been captured, and the game is approaching the point where one of the players will be defeated or a stalemate occurs. This has since been shifted over to games as well, in particular MMOs, and in MMO terms it generally means "activities to do at max level which are still relevant in terms of challenge and reward".

The reason most people don't think "end game" exists in GW2 is because they've been accustomed to "end game" being strictly an ever-escalating staircase of content and gear (not singling out any particular MMO here, in fact most MMOs do this), and aside from PvP no other activity has any relevance. GW2 doesn't have this; instead, GW2 has the downscale system that automatically lowers your level to match the content you're doing, literally meaning that everything in GW2 is end game content, as everything will keep being reasonably difficult even at max level, and award you items suitable for your actual level.

Agreed OP. It's an awesome game. Everything I expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    You can always play for 30minutes, and then log back again in whenever you please.
    Erm you can't do that in other MMOs?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Erm you can't do that in other MMOs?
    Lol no, the subscription fee evidently mind controls you into playing more so you can get your money's worth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post

No to mention that there will be streaming updates in the game, making it so that if you do go back to old areas when you are level capped, chances are that you will come across events that you have never even done before, I don't really see that to be "old content". Also, as said in the video there will be patches with new dungeons to do in addition with expansions.

I would also like to point out that going by the way they have released expansions in the past with GW1, we will most likely see them being released much quicker than most standard MMO's. If memory serves me right I believe there was a total of three expansions for GW1 in a matter of 2 years.
    Wow man thanks for the constructive response. I am actually looking forward to getting my hands on it. The thing is I am trying to keep realistic expectations for the game. Everything I have heard about the events is that, they are basically the same old quests we have been playing in MMOs for years with a dynamic wrapper. So honestly I don't see myself logging on just for those.(though I will likely partake if I am in the area and there is a good sized grouping going) Also I tend to be somewhat of a completionist, so I am sure I will do everything at least once. After that it is basically logging on to that char if new content gets released. Also, I will likely have tons of alts or mains really because there isn't much of a reason to have a main, my main will just be whatever guy I am playing at the time.

I think when people say end game, what they are really talking about are the repetitive tasks done at max level to further enhance the power of your character. Being able to continuously enhance the power of a character creates a strong drive to continue to play that character, playing a character for a long time in turn builds attachment to that character. That in turn feeds the drive to log in again with that character. Without such a system it is hard to imagine become particularly attached to a specific character.

hasnt lived up to the hype for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have spaceships, so no, it's definitely not the best MMO.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The human females models are the hottest on the market though, and my female elementalist will keep me logging on late nights no matter how much I dislike Guild wars. THEY GOT ME GUYS. DAMN BOOBS. The second armor starts covering it up though chill I'm out.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2012-08-27 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Oh how wrong you are... they're protecting the social aspect of the game, instead of letting it turn into a flame fest like most other MMO's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigga93 View Post
    hasnt lived up to the hype for me.
    That doesn't say wither or not you like it though... Most games don't live up to the "hype" people build behind it, does it make most games bad? No just means it wasn't this perfect ideal people get in there head.

As for me I knew the hype people where trying to build was going to fall flat, but that doesn't mean I hate the game, in fact its pretty fun for me. Just like Fable 1 didn't live up to its hype it was still a good game, GW2 has the same "issue" aka its not this perfect creation, but guess what there is no such thing as a perfect game, gaming in general is just as subjective if not more so then music and art, one mans "worst game in history" is another mans "best game in the last 200 years".

Am I going to play it as much as I use to play other unnamed MMOs? Nope, I flat out no longer have the time I use to since I got a much more demanding job. But that's alright for me since I don't have to play 3-5 hours a night to keep up with current gear to be able to do the hardest content, if I happen to not be able to play for a few weeks I will still be able to do the hardest content with friends since there isn't arbitrary gating of content via gear treadmills to limit what players can play to milk more time and thus more sub fees, and thats all a gear treadmill is is an arbitrary system to keep people subed via an illiusionary reward of power where as what it really is is but a time sink to unlock the next content while at the same time making the previous content obsolete and not worth doing anymore due to difficulty drooping due to having gear that is better then anything that was out when it was first balanced for x players average stats.

Anyways, is your "not up to the hype" mean that its a fun game but not great for you, or is it a meh game for you, saying its not up to the hype is like saying "this (instert any item here) isn't as great as I imagined" doesn't make it good or bad just makes it not perfect..