Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

sharing a battle.net account?

me and my brother were thinking about sharing a battle.net so we can share the mounts / pets that we have as we both have pets that eachother doesnt have and we thought it would be a good idea, however we dont want to do it yet because we dont know what would happen in the chat. for example if i was to wisper someone in-game would my brother see the converstation aswell ?

if anyone is running 2 wow account on the same battle.net account could you post how the chat works while logged into both accounts at the same time

As far as your original question goes when I'm dual boxing whispers directed at characters go to the right place, RealID based whispers seem to go to either account randomly. Assume you'll both get each other's whispers sometimes. That's really the last thing to worry about though, as account sharing is against the ToS and you will both get banned if caught. Also whoever's name is on the account will own everything in it. The other person will have no rights regarding anything in the account. I would advise you not to share.

The 2 accounts will be completely separate. You will only be able to see your chat.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be against the rules, so I would suggest not to do it.

the accounts are seprate as someone has said. You wont receive each others whisper from other charcs but from the same bnet yes. Yes you can log onto the account at the same time. But as far as IM AWARE the mounts and pets are account wide only not bnet account wide so regardless if you put them together you wont get each others pets. and also as far as im aware unless you have the same name you cant xfer the account to another bnet with different names. I could be wrong.

My 2 cents
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    the accounts are seprate as someone has said. You wont receive each others whisper from other charcs but from the same bnet yes. Yes you can log onto the account at the same time. But as far as IM AWARE the mounts and pets are account wide only not bnet account wide so regardless if you put them together you wont get each others pets. and also as far as im aware unless you have the same name you cant xfer the account to another bnet with different names. I could be wrong.

My 2 cents
    All of the shared pets/achieves/mounts are bnet account wide.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-08-27 at 10:51 AM.

That's a pretty good idea. I am thinking of merging my brother's account with mine so that he can get everything I have atm.

Deleted
    You won't be able to battle pet each other if you do this, and you also won't be able to both complete the battle pet quest lines. I wouldn't recommend it just to get some mounts/pets unlocked... doesn't seem worth it, especially since it's not something that can EVER be reversed.

Deleted
    family members are infact allowed to share accounts, and it would be 2 different accounts(his own account & his brothers own account) both under 1 bnet account

and mounts/pets w/e are bnet shared

10+ Year Old Account
    Just know that accounts under the same Battle.net account share a password and you pick the account you want to log in to from a drop down menu. Not sure how much you trust your brother with access to your account, but keep it in mind.

Don't do it.

I will actually refuse membership to my guild or remove a player who is found sharing an account unless it is for some very special reason. The problem that I have run into in the past is one player will cause some form of trouble in the guild/raid setting. Whether it is underperforming or being downright rude. Then you are forced to take remedial action and when the true owner of the toon/account comes back to find his raid spot taken by someone else or that he has had priveledges removed or guild membership rescinded there is the "it wasn't me" etc.

Don't do it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Just know that accounts under the same Battle.net account share a password and you pick the account you want to log in to from a drop down menu. Not sure how much you trust your brother with access to your account, but keep it in mind.
    lol im sure i could trust him not to steel my stuff he is only after my grunty & deathy ( i think ) haha i dont realyl have anything to steel i guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    if you cant trust your bother then who can you trust?

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Don't do it.

I will actually refuse membership to my guild or remove a player who is found sharing an account unless it is for some very special reason. The problem that I have run into in the past is one player will cause some form of trouble in the guild/raid setting. Whether it is underperforming or being downright rude. Then you are forced to take remedial action and when the true owner of the toon/account comes back to find his raid spot taken by someone else or that he has had priveledges removed or guild membership rescinded there is the "it wasn't me" etc.

Don't do it.
    learn to read we both have our OWN WoW ACCOUNT that we play on separately even under 1 bnet account we will still have our OWN WoW ACCOUNT only diff would be we both be playing our OWN WoW ACCOUNT under 1 bnet account nothing changes, we will both be playing our own 2 toons on 2 different wow accounts
    Last edited by mmoc03681bd6ed; 2012-08-27 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insignia View Post
    learn to read we both have our OWN WoW ACCOUNT that we play on separately even under 1 bnet account we will still have our OWN WoW ACCOUNT only diff would be we both be playing our OWN WoW ACCOUNT under 1 bnet account nothing changes, we will both be playing our own 2 toons on 2 different wow accounts
    He didn't misunderstand you. Using the same battle.net account means you'll have the same login credentials and you can't prevent your brother from accessing your characters/account.

one bnet account, one RID. RID is how we track our players.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    He didn't misunderstand you. Using the same battle.net account means you'll have the same login credentials and you can't prevent your brother from accessing your characters/account.
    Absolutely this. It's still account sharing. I own two accounts of my own for my own purposes. The same login and authenticator works for both (of course) and everyone sees me log on twice if I log into both at the same time. When my father wanted to play, I opened a NEW bnet account and purchased WoW for him.

If you talk to people through Battle.net whispers it often goes to the wrong person when they reply (or even whisper you to begin with and you just won't know).

Just don't do it, I used to (when I was a minor under my brother) and it was extremely annoying.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't trust anyone from my family. Then again, I had a shitty family, so maybe my experiences differ from what normal people have lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    The 2 accounts will be completely separate. You will only be able to see your chat.
    This is only partially true. If someone whispers your character, then yes, completely separate.

If someone whispers your battletag or RID then chat is much sketchier. It won't duplicate on both licenses, but you also can't really control which license the replies from the other person will go to. I sometimes run two clients at once, and regularly will get replies from my primary client in my secondary one... both to conversations I initiated and when someone else whispers me. But not consistently. It's kinda a headache, and that's with the same person on both licenses. I imagine if the two licenses were running on different machines, carrying on a conversation via RID/Battletag would be basically impossible.

family members are infact allowed to share accounts, and it would be 2 different accounts(his own account & his brothers own account) both under 1 bnet account
    Only parent/child are allowed to share. Siblings are not.

OP, I wouldn't recommend this. If for whatever reason you decide you want your own battle.net account, Blizzard may not be willing to split them for you since you're violating the Terms of Agreement and one of you may lose everything. And if your account is ever compromised, only one of you will have the ability to get it back, which would be frustrating if that person happened to stop playing. And, if you two are ever in different locations (one of you moves away or is on holiday), Blizzard may ding you for the same person being in two different cities at once and lock your account.

That's a lot of sketchiness and risk just so one of you can have a few more mounts/pets.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-08-27 at 03:30 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Only parent/child are allowed to share. Siblings are not.
    Parents or guardian can, and your Sibling can be your guardian. Though, I do agree you shouldn't, it's annoying to share a BN account.