Where's Shadow Word: Insanity?

I see the upcoming spell with 5.0.4, but I'm on the PTR, and I don't see that spell anywhere in my spellbook! If it's a baseline spell (so says WOWDB), shouldn't we all see it? Am I getting that spell tomorrow?

I believe it's linked with the talent Power Word: Solace. So when you take that talent and be specced as Shadow, you should get it.

OOooh! I see... Yvaelle's Shadow PvE Guide says:
    ...Based on this, I wouldn't recommend anyone use Insanity.
    So I guess I just need to use From Darkness, Comes Light and forget it... ok, wasn't very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I believe it's linked with the talent Power Word: Solace. So when you take that talent and be specced as Shadow, you should get it.
    Even though you got your answer just wanted to affirm again that this is correct. It is the shadow part of the Power Word Solace talent.

its a garbage talent anyways and a dps loss and FDCL is better

I will probably use Mindbender since the legendary proc is a pain in the behind with FDCL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    I will probably use Mindbender since the legendary proc is a pain in the behind with FDCL.
    Care to explain what it does that makes it a pain?

The From Darkness Comes Light proc does not remove dots when you cast Mind Spike, the legendary proc off of that Mind Spike proc will remove dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    The From Darkness Comes Light proc does not remove dots when you cast Mind Spike, the legendary proc off of that Mind Spike proc will remove dots.
    This is exactly right... I have seen a lot of people get confused on this point. To make it simpler:

-You get FDCL proc and cast MS, dots stay up
    -You don't get a DWT proc off that MS so dots stay up

or

-You get FDCL proc and cast MS, dots stay up
    -You get a DWT proc off that MS cast your dots come off.

It's the DWT proc that removes the dots not the FDCL proc.

Wait, PW:Solace isn't removed? I thought http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...pecification#X! was the one most up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    battle.net is never up to date especially with Betas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    Wait, PW:Solace isn't removed? I thought http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...pecification#X! was the one most up to date.
    I just checked the beta (not ptr), and Solace is still in tier 3 together with FDCL and Mindbender