Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation JS' Hunter Bar & Misdirection addons

I have just uploaded JS' Hunter Bar 3.1 and JS' Hunter Bar Misdirection 1.2 to curse.

Both addons are ready for patch 5.0.

Please use this thread going forward.

Just tried to get Jshb 3.1 and it does not show up, last version is 3.04.....
    Jshb Misdirection is good to go.
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by bobn9lvu View Post
    Just tried to get Jshb 3.1 and it does not show up, last version is 3.04.....
    Jshb Misdirection is good to go.
    It's up now - just for AFTER patch.

I have JS Hunter Bar 3.1 running. When I load the Options, and select the Focus Bar options, my framerate drops from 34 to 4 FPS over about 3-4 seconds. It returns to normal when I visit any other option. This happens with JSHB as the only addon running. I also receive 12 seperate Lua errors when I select the Focus Bar options. 2 of them were stack overflows. I cannot scroll that option pane. The check boxes, buttons and sliders sometimes receive clicks, sometimes don't.
    Last edited by Blunta; 2012-08-29 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunta View Post
    I have JS Hunter Bar 3.1 running. When I load the Options, and select the Focus Bar options, my framerate drops from 34 to 4 FPS over about 3-4 seconds. It returns to normal when I visit any other option. This happens with JSHB as the only addon running. I also receive 12 seperate Lua errors when I select the Focus Bar options. 2 of them were stack overflows. I cannot scroll that option pane. The check boxes, buttons and sliders sometimes receive clicks, sometimes don't.
    First report of this. Try deleting the JSHunterBarDB from saved variables (out of game) and see if it fixes your issues. If not, please post the lua error.

I'd also recommend removing and reinstalling JSHB, curse updater has been doing some odd merging of old files and reverting people back to 2.99.

I just fixed a white screen issue and uploaded it to curse. I'm posting a direct download on my guild web site to get it out to people quicker. transcended.us is the site.

Hi - I also get and blizzard ui Banned action error when playing with Glyphs

Check version 3.3. If you have errors with glyphs, I suggest testing with ONLY JSHB enabled.

The icon for Hunter's Mark seems to be fixed, (the glowing orbs around the icon when it is not up). Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkren View Post
    The icon for Hunter's Mark seems to be fixed, (the glowing orbs around the icon when it is not up). Thanks man.
    Good to hear. I do plan to adjust that a bit to make the glow a little bigger, which I had done before, but made a mistake and had it exponentially increase the size and make the screen blank out.

Maybe you already answered this in the old thread, I couldn't find it, maybe I'm just too tired to see it, how do you track the durations of A Murder of Crows and Dire Beast?

Set to:
    Check Target - Target (also tried Player and Pet)
    Check Type - Duration
    Owner - Mine

Also, sometimes I notice that Black Arrow and Serpent Sting fall off the timers, not from running out of time, but mid duration. Maybe just some glitchy post patch stuff. Also not sure if this is glitchy post patch stuff, but when I "expand" certain things, the game doesn't allow my to scroll down through the menu.

I would also love an XY coordinate for placing the addon elements around.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-08-29 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 08:45 AM ----------

[/COLOR]and i think youve fixed this but i keep getting a big ass red aura near my hunters mark icon im like hot diggity dog thats red and takes up half my screen to lol

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 08:46 AM ----------

is there a way to put a secondary line in the focus bar that tracks when youhave enough focus for multi shot i kept wanting it after using sern for so often ,it would be cool if you could have 2 lines 1 for explosive shot like you already have and 1 for 40 focus abilitys like multishots
    Last edited by ritsunero; 2012-08-29 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    I hope this is the correct place to request a feature or change.

I've always had trouble with the serenity/JS timer bars because I'm much more comfortable with timeline bars. Basically every point on the bar represents a fixed time (like 5sec or 2sec remaining). The advantage of this is that one can see with one glance what cooldown is ready first. A remaining cooldown of 10sec will always come ahead of one of 20sec. If i now cast a cooldown of 5sec, it will be placed ahead of the two others.
    Put everything on a logarithmic scale and you get a very intuitive design that can keep track of dozens of CDs regardless of length on one single bar. It is best to add a upper time limit (ie 30sec) because everything above is usually not very interesting, so longer cooldown will stick to the 30sec mark until they are short enough.

The JS bar works with different icon speeds rather than a timeline, which makes it less straight forward to read. One has to read the timers on the icons to get an idea of what is getting ready next, which is, imho, not possible in a quick glance.

It would be great to see an option like i described. There are a few addons who used to work with timeline bars, like sexycooldown, coolline and fortexorcist. however they all have drawbacks and don't fit as greatly in an hunter's interface llike JS' (which is very well designed overall): sexycooldown, which i've been using up to now has been abandoned years ago and broke completely with 5.0. fortexorcist comes with tons of clutter and unneeded stuff, coolline is for cooldowns only, no debuffs.

I'm sorry if my english was a bit wonky, no native here. anyways, thanks a lot for all the work you've done for us.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2012-08-29 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Maybe you already answered this in the old thread, I couldn't find it, maybe I'm just too tired to see it, how do you track the durations of A Murder of Crows and Dire Beast?

Set to:
    Check Type - Duration
    Owner - Mine

Also, sometimes I notice that Black Arrow and Serpent Sting fall off the timers, not from running out of time, but mid duration. Maybe just some glitchy post patch stuff. Also not sure if this is glitchy post patch stuff, but when I "expand" certain things, the game doesn't allow my to scroll down through the menu.

Please let me know what version you are using.

I'm going into game to get exact settings for this and i'll post another reply in a little while.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ritsunero View Post
    ---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 08:45 AM ----------

[/COLOR]and i think youve fixed this but i keep getting a big ass red aura near my hunters mark icon im like hot diggity dog thats red and takes up half my screen to lol

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 08:46 AM ----------

is there a way to put a secondary line in the focus bar that tracks when youhave enough focus for multi shot i kept wanting it after using sern for so often ,it would be cool if you could have 2 lines 1 for explosive shot like you already have and 1 for 40 focus abilitys like multishots
    Q1: This should have been fixed in v 3.3, please make sure you are using it. Let me know.

Q2: Yes, go to options, focus bar, and enable a second tick mark, pick the spell ;-D

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post

I've always had trouble with the serenity/JS timer bars because I'm much more comfortable with timeline bars. Basically every point on the bar represents a fixed time (like 5sec or 2sec remaining). The advantage of this is that one can see with one glance what cooldown is ready first. A remaining cooldown of 10sec will always come ahead of one of 20sec. If i now cast a cooldown of 5sec, it will be placed ahead of the two others.
    Put everything on a logarithmic scale and you get a very intuitive design that can keep track of dozens of CDs regardless of length on one single bar. It is best to add a upper time limit (ie 30sec) because everything above is usually not very interesting, so longer cooldown will stick to the 30sec mark until they are short enough.

The JS bar works with different icon speeds rather than a timeline, which makes it less straight forward to read. One has to read the timers on the icons to get an idea of what is getting ready next, which is, imho, not possible in a quick glance.

It would be great to see an option like i described. There are a few addons who used to work with timeline bars, like sexycooldown, coolline and fortexorcist. however they all have drawbacks and don't fit as greatly in an hunter's interface llike JS' (which is very well designed overall): sexycooldown, which i've been using up to now has been abandoned years ago and broke completely with 5.0. fortexorcist comes with tons of clutter and unneeded stuff, coolline is for cooldowns only, no debuffs.

I'm sorry if my english was a bit wonky, no native here. anyways, thanks a lot for all the work you've done for us.
    Your English is perfectly fine, let me first say.

This has been mention a few times now since I have updated JSHB in replacement of Serenity. I will explore this more in the coming weeks and see what I can come up with.

I'm also working on another new addon that I hope to get done in a week or so.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 11:06 AM ----------

Set to:
    Check Type - Duration
    Owner - Mine

131894 spell ID.
    Check PLAYER, COOLDOWN, YOURS, ANY SPEC.

This will give you the cooldown for Murder of Crows.

Check TARGET, DURATION, YOURS, ANY SPEC. -- This does not work, read below!

This is proper but just not working. If you look at the spell on the target it does not have a duration time, I will investigate this.

Same for Dire Beast, you can track the cooldown, but not a duration as it does not seem to have a timer... I'm looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post

I like your ideas!
    Last edited by Notho; 2012-08-29 at 08:19 PM.

I am the using the latest version. The one updated about 4-5 hours ago.

When I try to go into the Focus Bar settings, only then, my game's fps drops to like 3, and I can't scroll down to change any settings beyond what is immediately there. I tried seeing if it had anything to do with other addons but the problem still happens with no other addons on.

The "A Murder of Crows" duration does show something like "*" at the 0 seconds point.

I am the using the latest version. The one updated about 4-5 hours ago.

When I try to go into the Focus Bar settings, only then, my game's fps drops to like 3, and I can't scroll down to change any settings beyond what is immediately there. I tried seeing if it had anything to do with other addons but the problem still happens with no other addons on.

The "A Murder of Crows" duration does show something like "*" at the 0 seconds point.
    OK, I'm not seeing anything odd in v3.4.

Can you go to Interface->Help-> Display LUA Errors and make sure it's set to show errors.

Let me know if an error pops up.

Message: ...ace\AddOns\JSHunterBarOptions\jshunterbaroptions.lua:30: GetSpellBookItemName(): Invalid spell slot
    Time: 08/31/12 01:20:29
    Count: 12
    Stack: [C]: in function `GetSpellBookItemName'
    ...ace\AddOns\JSHunterBarOptions\jshunterbaroptions.lua:30: in function <...ace\AddOns\JSHunterBarOptions\jshunterbaroptions.lua:26>
    (tail call): ?
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:249: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:197>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1178: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1055>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1082: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1055>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1588: in function `FeedGroup'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1860: in function `Open'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1731: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1697>

Locals: (*temporary) = 227
    (*temporary) = "spell"
    The error I get.

It gives me like 19 pages or something but it defaults page 8, which I put above. I really have no clue.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-08-31 at 08:23 AM.

The error I get.
    Are you absolutely sure you are running v3.4?

I downloaded it like 2 hours ago. 100% sure.

Scratch that, apparently putting the latest version folders into the addons folder doesn't guarantee me to have the latest version in game..

I'm new to pcs.. Been on Mac's until tuesday.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-08-31 at 09:14 AM.

I have been receiving all of the updates via Curse. No problems on this end. I would just like to thank you for your hard work on completely re-doing this addon. This is addon is an absolute must for me. I was getting worried a few months ago that I wasn't going to be able to use Serenity anymore. Just the basics of this addon helped me learn how to handle my rotation and manage focus. To me, my addons go in this priority: Serenity/JSHB > DBM > everything else. I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to updating this addon. Thank you sir!