Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post your computer/gaming-corner!

Please keep in mind: the rules from the Post Your Gaming setup thread apply to this thread as well. Keep your pictures slimmer than 800px please!

I know we have a "Post your gaming setup!" thread, but I have recently been more and more curious how people actually have their surroundings set up. I personally find it equally important to spend a bit extra on a nice chair, a proper desk, good monitor(s), keyboard and mouse, speakers/headphones/etc and so on. I also much prefer to have a large space to "move around" and keep all my computer-related stuff in.

So, in short, how does your computer or gaming corner look? List what peripherals you have - monitor, speakers, desk, chair, etc.

You have probably seen mine already so I won't bloat with it (I'll post when I update it though - got some stuff incoming). I'm sure there are folks out there who have fairly impressive setups!

Edit: Updated my corner a bit

Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-08-28 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

kind of a bad picture, but my room is a low light room, so photo's always look like crap, here's what it looks like with the normal lighting

but, i prefer a very clean yet functional look, i had the monitors on the desk before, but it felt too cluttered
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-28 at 12:29 AM.

Did a recent cleanup on the table, just ignore that stool with a bunch of papers, it's not usually there =p I was studying for some papers and tests at the university and then the professors went on a strike, so the papers just kind stayed there until now haha

Just got those Shure SRH 440 and I'm pretty damn happy!
    Should be it for the rest of this year. Going to change the case for the looks if I decide to change CPU next year, but other than that, pretty damn happy with the setup!

Only bad thing here is the stupid amount of mosquitos!

hi marest where did you get your desk from and how much was it i need something exactly like it

Deleted

gotta love the Galant desk from Ikea.. pricy but damn big and simple x)
    EDIT: The chair which you cant really see is this baby from Jysk

also it doesnt really have anything to do with computers but I've got them set up to the tv right behind my computer so all I need to do is turn around and grab a controller :b retro games <3
    Last edited by mmoc3fc14c05e3; 2012-08-28 at 08:47 AM.

how much was your galant desk from IKEA opaque thats what i need after looking at masrest's it would be to small ok after looking on ikea nvm i love pricey yes but that isnt to big a problem you're thoughts would this http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M420NV-4.../dp/B003LL4UR4 fir on there pretty easy with some speakers nothing to big a printer an some other small stuff post it's bunch of pens other stuff dont mean to hijack the thread so sorry for so many ?'s
    Last edited by anthrax82; 2012-08-28 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Got the desk just last week, the cable management is a bit better now.

The PC stand that came with the desk is actually pretty decent, normally I wouldn't use one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrax82 View Post
    how much was your galant desk from IKEA opaque thats what i need after looking at masrest's it would be to small ok after looking on ikea nvm i love pricey yes but that isnt to big a problem you're thoughts would this http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M420NV-4.../dp/B003LL4UR4 fir on there pretty easy with some speakers nothing to big a printer an some other small stuff post it's bunch of pens other stuff dont mean to hijack the thread so sorry for so many ?'s
    The price depends on where you live. If you live in Denmark its around 250$ but in the american Ikea its only 170$. It has plenty of space so I guess that monitor will be able to fit since I can have 2 24" monitors, the CM scout casis and a PS3 all next to eachother... but you can customize the galant desk if you need more space but this is the one I use http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...18/#/S39837013
    Last edited by mmoc3fc14c05e3; 2012-08-28 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrax82 View Post
    hi marest where did you get your desk from and how much was it i need something exactly like it
    I got it second hand (think "flea market"). No clue where it originates from.

ya thats the one i am going to purchase the black with T legs the only thing im worried about is ikea customer service i called last week an some guy quoted me 250$ for a 99 dollar desk i was looking at i was thinking are you insane also i'vve heard ikea dosent start shipping until a good 2-3 weeks after orer wtf is up with that but ya i want that desk badly now im ion love with it

Got a couple of pictures here because my room always has action going on.

My desk.

My cat (Banshee) at my feet.

Brother's desk is on the other side.

No one ever sleeps on the top bunk, so the cats (Oreo) took it over as their haven.

My dog (Madison) spends most of the day right here.

Beer and water in the mini-fridge with coffee on top.

Last edited by Kankuri; 2012-08-28 at 09:28 AM.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

My rather new table that I got since the old one broke (hard to explain :P) It's from IKEA and gives me lotta space for random stuff, even though I like to keep it as clean as possible.

Keyboard: Logitech G510
    Mouse: Steelseries Diablo III Mouse
    Mousepad: Roccat Taito
    Headset: Logitech G35
    Main Monitor (Right one): Samsung S23A750D 23" @ 120Hz
    Sec. Monitor (Left one): Samsung SyncMaster P2270H
    Speaker System: Logitech Z5500 Surround Sound (Only the controller and center speaker are visible, the rest are positioned around in the respective corners of my room)

I like it
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Monitors: 2x Asus VS247H 24 inch monitors
    Speakers: Logitech Z323
    Chair: Random chair from Amazon

Pay no attention to the cables :P, I have yet to put in some sort of holder for the mess

This is my relatively new setup (January '12). I used to play on a MacBook in my bed so this is a pretty big change for me (and needless to say, 1000% better for playing WoW both generally speaking and performance-wise). I need a new chair though -- the one I use is probably 10 years old and I hate that it doesn't have armrests. I also don't currently use a mousepad but I'm probably going to get a Razer pad soon.

Last edited by Torque21; 2012-08-28 at 12:31 PM.
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

My battlestation.. Just got this new desk to replace one of those "classic" computer desks, I think it looks much better this way. From here I'm thinking another monitor for eyefinity..

Tv is on the side, playing some nat geo animal documentaries, connected to the computer.

||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted

Don't have a camera to take a photo but this picture pretty much covers it.

Not surprising you don't have a camera, lol. Rocks don't take pictures.
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

10+ Year Old Account
    My room's kinda really, really small. Oh how I wish i could have 3 monitors. Sorry for the quality, taken with my iPhone, standing on my bed. Why yes that is a floor router thanks for asking.

a bit closer
    Last edited by Shruikah; 2012-08-28 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Nyq; 2012-08-28 at 01:58 PM.

^ MOAR SCREENS! WoW demands it!
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno