Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    he isn't even trying to mindblast on cooldown. on your pull #20 you had a 3+ minute fight and he used 8 mindblasts total and had under 70% uptime on both dots - that's just crap. if he were to mindblast on cooldown his dps would probably go up 40%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aceorbs/simple

Hey spriest...wondering would it be viable to ruin sock bonuses to reach breakpoint below or just go 11982 Haste, gemming int as much as possible till I can reach next one easily.

Thanks

14873 - Shadow Word: Pain +3 and Devouring Plague +3

Quote Originally Posted by Electrics View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aceorbs/simple

Hey spriest...wondering would it be viable to ruin sock bonuses to reach breakpoint below or just go 11982 Haste, gemming int as much as possible till I can reach next one easily.

Thanks

14873 - Shadow Word: Pain +3 and Devouring Plague +3
    Gem haste and match socket bonus, with the exception of blue sockets with sub 80 Int bonus. Eg, your shoulders use a 320 haste gem, but Legs use Int+Haste and Haste+Stam (due to being so far over hit cap)

Also, should use your "free" tailoring leg enchant instead of wasting the Imperial Silk on spellthread.

For reforging should be Haste > Crit = Mastery for you. Crit and mastery will be very close together because you don't have LMG or UVLS yet. If you want to find out for sure, You should sim once you've got the gemming fixed.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-09-01 at 01:07 AM.

updated hows it look thanks for tailoring tip..forgot

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eorbs/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Electrics View Post
    updated hows it look thanks for tailoring tip..forgot

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eorbs/advanced
    With the current gemming you're still a long ways off the next haste plateau.

Still missing quite a few possible socket bonus'

Offhand, gloves and boots should all be Reckless gems.
    Swap the Energized you're using in legs and chest out for Forceful gems (at least until you can get back below hit cap) The stam is worth more than the wasted hit at this point.

And based on the Sim I just ran your crit focus reforge is still winning, but just barely and only with Insanity. If you end up getting a UVLS or your meta gem, you'll likely want to switch over to a mastery reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Leazo/advanced
    Minor gear related Query, i can reach the next haste breakpoint at around 14800 for DP and pain by switching for 3x 330 haste games in gloves and cloak instead of going for intellect socket bonuses, but i lose around 500 intellect in the process, wondering if it would be worth going for it or if the intellect loss would be too big.

Have some questions about gemming/gearing for 5.4

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laeno/advanced

Getting some gear from world boss/SoO normal but they are not ideally itemized 1) too much hit 2) three new pieces with no haste

If I keep the old 530 bracer/530 boots and miss some 120 intel socket bonus by gemming full 320 haste I will be able to reach 18200 haste cap for humans. I'm not sure how powerful this breakpoint is in 5.4 because by doing that I lose ~3 ilvls of gear and about 1.3k intel. But with the new 553 pieces with no haste even if I go full yellow on all my sockets it will only bring me up to around 17400. So right now I'm just ignoring the 18200 and gemming into intel, and using the highest ilvl gear I have as suppose to the gear with the most amount of haste. But my haste's a lot lower at 16183. I guess my question is between the 1.3k intel vs 18200 break point which one would offer more benefit to my dps?
    Last edited by Xelaeno; 2013-09-15 at 12:53 AM.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Posting here for our Shadow Priest. I don't know what's wrong with him, seriously, even his SimCraft simulations are way under the expectations, with his SimCraft DPS going under 90k, wich is ridiculous when compared to other spriests. His DPS is just too low when compared to our other DPSes too. At first I thought he was doing something really wrong with his rotations and whatnot, but after using SimCraft I'm completely lost.

iLvl: 519
    Expectations: Way more DPS
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/tol-barad/Torkarum/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshanks View Post
    Posting here for our Shadow Priest. I don't know what's wrong with him, seriously, even his SimCraft simulations are way under the expectations, with his SimCraft DPS going under 90k, wich is ridiculous when compared to other spriests. His DPS is just too low when compared to our other DPSes too. At first I thought he was doing something really wrong with his rotations and whatnot, but after using SimCraft I'm completely lost.

iLvl: 519
    Expectations: Way more DPS
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/tol-barad/Torkarum/simple
    Quick standard sim run puts him at 118369 dps.
    Biggest thing I see in gearing is that he's 600 haste short of the next major breakpoint. Big part of that appears to be some horrible luck on the randomly generated gear, very poor itemization on most of his pieces. Based on what you said for dps I'm guessing there's also something off with his rotation, which we will need logs to better determine. As far as gear goes, he needs to do some upgrading of the more important pieces, his trinket and weapon would be the best choices of what he's got on now.

Edit: for those of us who do not read portugese, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...karum/advanced
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-09-17 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Quick standard sim run puts him at 118369 dps.
    Biggest thing I see in gearing is that he's 600 haste short of the next major breakpoint. Big part of that appears to be some horrible luck on the randomly generated gear, very poor itemization on most of his pieces. Based on what you said for dps I'm guessing there's also something off with his rotation, which we will need logs to better determine. As far as gear goes, he needs to do some upgrading of the more important pieces, his trinket and weapon would be the best choices of what he's got on now.
    Thank you for your answer. Yes, with RaidBuffs turned on, his SimCraft DPS floats around that. However, similarly geared ele shaman and frost mage deal 140ish on their Simcraft simulations. And that's a HUGE gap, just like the one when we are raiding.
    Last edited by Milkshanks; 2013-09-17 at 07:37 PM.

shadow performs much worse than most other classes/specs at very bad gear. at under 8k haste (in good gear, you want to have ~18k), i'd call his gear quite bad.

that said, we'd have to see logs to say much else.

I NEED HELP REALLY BADLY!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW THE TALENT SET UP PER FIGHT!!! like the talent set up for say dark shammy will be different from a pure single target dps fight. Also how accurate is simcraft in regards to calculating potential dps, because in single target situations I am roughly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    I NEED HELP REALLY BADLY!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW THE TALENT SET UP PER FIGHT!!! like the talent set up for say dark shammy will be different from a pure single target dps fight. Also how accurate is simcraft in regards to calculating potential dps, because in single target situations I am roughly there.
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4552

This thread should help you.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Item Level 527
    Expectations: seems like low dps?
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alley/advanced

On the average single target fight in flex, I'm pulling about 155-170k (simcraft says I should be around 160k-ish) More ofc when it's a multi target fight.
    This seems really low to me :x I have had terrible luck when it comes to drops, so I'm forging into crit because I seem to do more dps compared to forging into mastery. Is scaling that bad for shadow?

I have a shit ton of haste which has helped ofc and I'll post a log shortly. Maybe someone better than me can see what I'm doing wrong :x
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

I am in dire need of help. I've been playing as shadowpriest for 4 years when it comes to raiding but my DPS seems very low att the moment. I keep my DoTs up well and use my MB on CD, but I rarely go over 80k with ilvl 506... According to SimCraft i should be around 100k-ish...

I use the correct rotation and everything but I don't know what the hell has happened with the DPS that I'm doing, as I'm extremely low (I think) Unfortunately I don't have any WoL to refer to as I only play in LFR nowadays, due to me converting to the king of casuals.

Armory link here:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zakitse/simple
    (Don't mind the trinkets, I need them to drop first, recently went from disc to shadow again, how much of a dps increase will two good DPS-trinkets be, anyway?)

Halp plx!

Best regards.
    Last edited by Exavie; 2013-09-25 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Item Level: 515
    Expectations: More DPS, more stability
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adera/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: I'm just raiding LfR, probably flex

Questions:
    - Is it worth to gem for the 10k Haste breakpoint, and sacrifice some int?
    - I got http://www.wowhead.com/item=94752 yesterday, worth to break the 2-piece setbonus? to change from 502 head to 522?
    - Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

gLockwoRk_

Item Level: 555 but the logs are with 548 ilvl
    Expectations: Better dps
    us.bat tle . net / wow/ en/ character /malygos/ Bellerain/simple
    world oflogs . com /reports / yqlknlqw4vl3v225/ 548
    world oflogs . com /reports / yqlknlqw4vl3v225/ 543
    Links are kinda funky cause I can't post them normally yet

gLock: go for as much haste as you can get, it's our best stat up to ~14900 (14876 is the breakpoint that gives us an extra tick of DP @ 14873 and SWP at 14846, so we aim for as close to 14873 without going under as we can). go for 320 haste in yellows and 80int/120 haste in reds. that said, shadow dps at low gear is very depressing - especially without legendary gem/cape. keep making timeless isle stuff - you could use a timeless ring and possibly timeless pants so go kill some yaungol :P

betony: try using FDCL more, and work on your dot uptimes. i only looked at a few logs, but on fights like spoils you had <60% dot uptime and weren't doing some sort of mindsear freakshow. FDCL is a really good mana savings on multitarget fights - shamans, protectors, spoils, and klaxxi are all good fdcl fights. also, you should use ToF on every fight but thok and klaxxi - it's holding your damage back to use DI as our dots and mindsear (and cape damage) benefit so much from ToF. also you should reforge to maximize your crit, not your mastery - especially once you get 2t16. you seem to be doing a good job with orbs otherwise, but i didn't totally nitpick every log. the dots and ToF did stick out as places to improve, though.

Hey all, one of our shadow priests are trying their best to improve so I thought I'd give a post here to give a little helping hand for him!

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/
    Name: Affine
    Ilvl: 555 (I think!)
    Expectations: Higher DPS / Beat our other Shadow Priest!

The other shadowpriest doesn't give him many tips (Not his strong suit!), so hopefully can get some replies here

Deleted
    well im just lookin at a klaxxi and protectors log and i can see his top dps spell is mind flay. That really cant happen. Swp, VT should have way more damage, his dot uptimes are not the best, esp on multitarget. 177k on protectors is just bad with his ilvl. Mind flay is a filler spell so the fact that he is using it alot shows that he is either overwhelmed by mechanics and just spams the easiest button or that he doesnt know what his prios should be. He should use some dot tracker, tidy plates to show his dots on each target or something of the sort, and he will improve a lot.