Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I realy need help on my dps output. By the end of the fight on Garrosh(10n) i end up with an average of 170-180k dps. Tried using fdcl in stead of sai,but no real improvement.On the 1st phase i try to dot the weapon,aoe mobs and when wolfrider pops switch to him to help interupt.Up till this point im doing nicely over 300k. I DP:3,try not to refresh my dots before they are at 3secs remaining. Obviously im using 300 food+intel flask+prepots.
    I have just fixed an account on WoL,cannot link any relevant logs atm. I don't have enough posts on this forum yet to link my armory, you can find it as Rosbloed on Draenor EU.Any help is welcome and appriciated

Without having any logs available and just by checking your gear I can't see something out of order. Idd 170-180k with that ilvl is kinda low but then again garrosh is a really weird fight to check DPS.
    First of all (keep in mind i don't know what your setup is and tact) DPS on the adds is virtually fake DPS (below 50%, though passive cleave and cloak proccs are enough to get em to 50%)
    Now besides that... you're prolly losing many chances for much stronger dots by never refreshing your dots before 3secs. Try getting AffDotsPriest it will generally tell you when it's better to recast your dots than just MFing away. Even without the addon, let's say you set up your dots without any buffs. If your BBoY proccs (btw fu i want that trinket:P still haven't even seen it drop :P) you will want to redot around 6-7 stacks of it (if you have a 3orb DP ready) or even at the 9th-10th stack if you don't. That will give you some huge dots that outweigh your 2 extra MFs that you would've done. (that's just an example, generally try to have as powerful dots up as possible)
    Now besides that i can't really say sth else besides cast MB on CD. Btw try "stealing" an orb with every weapon/wolfrider/adds that survive the star. A mouseover SWD macro would help you wonders.
    Btw I'd never go FDCL instead of MFI on garrosh, but that could just be me :P
    If you can provide with a WoL report I'd have more to go on and help you
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-02-24 at 10:36 PM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=8727&e=9081

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nucca/advanced

I'm just here checking to see if there are any things our Spriest can improve on, any tips welcome. I'm looking at Garrosh damage, not add damage, thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Lavalashlol; 2014-02-25 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=8727&e=9081

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nucca/advanced

I'm just here checking to see if there are any things our Spriest can improve on, any tips welcome. I'm looking at Garrosh damage, not add damage, thank you for your help.
    Mind Blast usage is incredibly low, even considering intermission phases, 37 Orbs with 31 DI procs, Fight was long enough to get potentially 39 without DI .
    Dots aren't horrible but not fantastic either.

Has he really been that unlucky to still be using a sub par itemized normal mode weapon and offhand? Any of the heroic weapons are better than what he's using.

Also, Baffled as to why he's using G91 Landsharks during the fight. Mind Sear has a higher DPET even vs the 7 adds he used it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Mind Blast usage is incredibly low, even considering intermission phases, 37 Orbs with 31 DI procs, Fight was long enough to get potentially 39 without DI .
    Dots aren't horrible but not fantastic either.

Has he really been that unlucky to still be using a sub par itemized normal mode weapon and offhand? Any of the heroic weapons are better than what he's using.

Also, Baffled as to why he's using G91 Landsharks during the fight. Mind Sear has a higher DPET even vs the 7 adds he used it on.
    He has been really unluck with weapons. Will pass on the other information thank you.

560 ilvl i really want to aim for 220k single target dummy dps ub .... i currently do around 170-180k steady dps my armory. i know my dot time is about 98.2% and my order of spell usage is good. Is it a gear problem... could someone simulationcraft me (My characters name is ziggss on cho'gall horde) cant post links sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ziggss View Post
    560 ilvl i really want to aim for 220k single target dummy dps ub .... i currently do around 170-180k steady dps my armory. i know my dot time is about 98.2% and my order of spell usage is good. Is it a gear problem... could someone simulationcraft me (My characters name is ziggss on cho'gall horde) cant post links sorry
    My advice would be, don't care about dummy DPS, just make sure you perfect your gameplay.

I simmed you and your sim-dummy DPS is just below 190k , so your goals are kinda unreachable with your gear atm :P But really dummy DPS doesn't mean shit :P
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-02-28 at 12:30 AM.

Item Level 569
    Expectations: More damage
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...earyy/advanced
    Warcraft Logs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=1593&wipes=1

I've been told my dps is awful for this fight (paragons). We are just learning the fight, so there aren't any full attempts. Some attempts its lower because I get the scorpion first during lust or just get scorpion period. I simmed myself, on patchwerk Im simmed at 295k, on helterskelter its 251k. My average for all wipes was 275k.

For instance on wipe 22, it was a 5 minute attempt I did 262k dps, the pally did 260k whos a lot less geared than me. I sw all the targets and use DI/Insanity. I thought my dps was ok, am I completely wrong?

Ok so first of all. It's not really wise to check DPS on a wipe. But well since on progression wipes are all you have to check I can see why you're doing it.
    Now on wipe 25 (6.32) you had 44 Mind Blasts when the maximum w/o DI would be 41. So I guess you could've pulled some more of em off and you missed some proccs but Paragons are a kind hectic fight where things like that can happen alot, and most of the times it can be out of your control.
    Now I'm not sure how warcraft logs count dot uptime (if they count all the bosses from the begining your uptime is fine) but if they just count the active ones or just 1/3 since you "should only dps 1" ... If it's one of the latter your dot uptime is kinda low but it's most likely they don't count it that way.
    Also your activity is kinda low , again , these are paragons I know that many times you might not be able to DPS for some time but still I think your activity is abit too low.
    Another problem I can see comes from your gear in which your haste is all over the place. You're at 17.4k haste and your haste gemming is done correctly (correct colours etc) which means you can't really reach 18215 w/o losing quite some stats. So i'd wager it's prolly better for you to go down to 14873 than to try to go to 18215. Just try to hit a haste breakpoint don't stay at 17.4k

On a side note the DPS on your normal kill is close to 100k higher(still low mb usage though :P ) so it could be that you're not familiar with the heroic part of the fight yet and you're just focusing much more on the mechanics than keeping your DPS up?
    Unfortunately I could only throw a quick look at the logs when I have more time i'll check them more extensively and give some more feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Ok so first of all. It's not really wise to check DPS on a wipe. But well since on progression wipes are all you have to check I can see why you're doing it.
    Now on wipe 25 (6.32) you had 44 Mind Blasts when the maximum w/o DI would be 41. So I guess you could've pulled some more of em off and you missed some proccs but Paragons are a kind hectic fight where things like that can happen alot, and most of the times it can be out of your control.
    Now I'm not sure how warcraft logs count dot uptime (if they count all the bosses from the begining your uptime is fine) but if they just count the active ones or just 1/3 since you "should only dps 1" ... If it's one of the latter your dot uptime is kinda low but it's most likely they don't count it that way.
    Also your activity is kinda low , again , these are paragons I know that many times you might not be able to DPS for some time but still I think your activity is abit too low.
    Another problem I can see comes from your gear in which your haste is all over the place. You're at 17.4k haste and your haste gemming is done correctly (correct colours etc) which means you can't really reach 18215 w/o losing quite some stats. So i'd wager it's prolly better for you to go down to 14873 than to try to go to 18215. Just try to hit a haste breakpoint don't stay at 17.4k

On a side note the DPS on your normal kill is close to 100k higher(still low mb usage though :P ) so it could be that you're not familiar with the heroic part of the fight yet and you're just focusing much more on the mechanics than keeping your DPS up?
    Unfortunately I could only throw a quick look at the logs when I have more time i'll check them more extensively and give some more feedback
    Logs from tonight: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=1593&wipes=1

Thanks for the feedback! Tonight we did more attempts and I noticed my activity was a little bit higher. 88.06% in the first logs, 94.73% in the logs from tonight. I worked on my position a little bit to make sure I could always keep sw: p on all 3 targets. Overall my average dps for the wipes was 304k, compared to the 275k on our first night of attempts.

As for the haste, yeah it sucks to be so close to the breakpoint but I would lose a lot of int like you said by trying to make it. The other day I went down to 14873 haste and saw a considerable drop in dps on farm fights, so I went back into haste.

Thanks again for your input, if you find time to check out the most recent logs I'd appreciate it.

On a side note, on the normal kill that you said I did 100k more, I was specced back into tof. So if I did my math correctly, the fight is 5:33 * 60 seconds = 319.8 / 10 seconds for mb = about 32 casts. I had 29, I guess I could have had a couple more though. Correct me if im wrong in that though!

Alright guys I am back with more Logs and requesting advice for Silvercat. I gave silver some time to work on her rotation and dps based on what you guys had recommended her, now I am back, she has improved, but I know she still has work ahead of her. We did Iron J last night and let me say I was not impressed with her DPS, even though there is some movement in that fight and she does takes bombs even though we have about 5-6 plate in the raid that can take care of that. Also when it comes to gear, she prefers to give it to someone else who will benefit more than her.

warcraftlogs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/bG9PxhfVa7Mn1Kqj#fight=24&type=damage-done&source=17

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Silvercat/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Cleary View Post
    Logs from tonight: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=1593&wipes=1

Thanks for the feedback! Tonight we did more attempts and I noticed my activity was a little bit higher. 88.06% in the first logs, 94.73% in the logs from tonight. I worked on my position a little bit to make sure I could always keep sw: p on all 3 targets. Overall my average dps for the wipes was 304k, compared to the 275k on our first night of attempts.

As for the haste, yeah it sucks to be so close to the breakpoint but I would lose a lot of int like you said by trying to make it. The other day I went down to 14873 haste and saw a considerable drop in dps on farm fights, so I went back into haste.

Thanks again for your input, if you find time to check out the most recent logs I'd appreciate it.

On a side note, on the normal kill that you said I did 100k more, I was specced back into tof. So if I did my math correctly, the fight is 5:33 * 60 seconds = 319.8 / 10 seconds for mb = about 32 casts. I had 29, I guess I could have had a couple more though. Correct me if im wrong in that though!
    My bad didn't see you had ToF on the normal kill ,I instantly persumed you went DI :P Though i think it's 333secs :P also try and be abit strict and divide it by 9.5 :P But yeh missing 3-4 mind blasts isn't that big of a deal, but you should always strive for perfection :P
    Now for the haste, dunno maybe you hadn't adopted to the slightly different playstyle that DP +3 has. But well if this works better for you it's fine

Now looking at wipe 5: Your SW:P/VT uptime has improved alot and as a result you can see so have your MB casts. Though you had 70DI proccs maybe you could've gotten some more mind blasts out. Though most of them could be like real quick overlaps of one another seeing how much DI proccs off 3 SW:Ps. And your activity has increased also. I believe that once you get accustomed to the fight you'll do even better.

It's a pitty you didn't get any loot that would help with the haste problem.I still strongly believe that 14873 > 17.4k though if you get accustomed on the different playstyle, maybe run some flexes and check it out (if you have enough money to switch around 50gems twice, that is :P )... If it still doesn't work for you go back to 17.4k since what works for you is ultimately what matters the most, if it does then you can stay there till you get a smooth 18215.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suspek View Post
    Alright guys I am back with more Logs and requesting advice for Silvercat. I gave silver some time to work on her rotation and dps based on what you guys had recommended her, now I am back, she has improved, but I know she still has work ahead of her. We did Iron J last night and let me say I was not impressed with her DPS, even though there is some movement in that fight and she does takes bombs even though we have about 5-6 plate in the raid that can take care of that. Also when it comes to gear, she prefers to give it to someone else who will benefit more than her.

warcraftlogs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/bG9PxhfVa7Mn1Kqj#fight=24&type=damage-done&source=17

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Silvercat/simple
    Well I'm sorry to say so but that seems abit like "slacking" or being anxious that she will not deliver the DPS. tell her that just your OT will take the bombs and that's final (even if she's the GM if you're the raid leader that should be possible)
    Now I can see she switched around gems etc in her gear and went for the 14873 breakpoint. She can still balance her mastery and crit abit more I guess but the difference is close to none.

Now looking at the logs... I could be wrong but it only has 1 bomb logged (So I guess she only took 1, or I just suck at reading warcraft logs...which I do, much prefer WoL :P ) So i'll look at them w/o taking bombs into account and tell you what it should actually look like.

Soo , first of all:
    1)I'm baffled with her dot uptime.. It's really low , yes since clipping MFI is in most cases a DPS loss shadow priests arent a 100% dot uptime class anymore, but 48.5% on VT and 69.14% on SW:P is much below what it should be... She should be around 95% ... And it's not just that they are falling off, she's casting them really rarely. It's as if she doesn't notice em fall off. Do you know if she downloaded the AddOns that Zinge (I think) proposed? If not she must. It's imperative that she has a good DoT timer addon. Also tell her to just redot before she DPs if the dots have <7secs on them. That's not always the right way to do it but she should first fix her uptime before she starts trying to snapshot dots (Casting more powerful dots if a procc comes up even if the dot isn't finished yet)
    2)Mind Blast... 355/9.5=37 she had 23. That's a difference of 14, she really needs to fix this too. She NEEDS to cast Mind Blast on Cooldown. Also tell her to play DI on IJ since it's better than ToF cause of the random movement, that can save quite many MB casts.
    3)She also missed some DP casts ... Didn't cast it while she had 3 orbs up and casted another MB/SWD since she has 9 when the max she could've had is 12. Never do that. She should first cast DP and then MB right after it if both are up at the same time
    4)SWDeath usage is still very low, she should cast this on cooldown also prioritized right after MB.

It seems like she's using the normal blizzard UI w/o having anything to check DoT timers and Cooldowns. And not even paying that much attention to it also. Unfortunately that just won't do for a raider. Especially a shadowpriest raider. Shee really needs to configure her UI the way she likes it but by using some "mandatory" addons that were posted in one of the older replies.

Now I have to be honest with you, it doesn't seem that she has taken in any advice besides gearing. She should really either read everything people answered on this post or even better log onto howtopriest.com and study the rotation. And after that she should sit on a dummy and practice. Also even if she needs nothing from flex, she should do flex every week to practice it in normal scenarios and not just on a dummy.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-03-07 at 01:58 AM.

Item level, 563
    Expectations: Become more effcient, raise DPS
    Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...risan/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nfq5u2mnwh88n3r5/
    I don't know what I could be doing to become a better dps, my gear level is high, yet my numbers are so low, if there are any addons that really shine that'd might be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Phavik View Post
    Item level, 563
    Expectations: Become more effcient, raise DPS
    Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...risan/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nfq5u2mnwh88n3r5/
    I don't know what I could be doing to become a better dps, my gear level is high, yet my numbers are so low, if there are any addons that really shine that'd might be a possibility.
    Way too much mastery for one, With 4pc and legendary you want to keep them approximately even point for point. With the way most gear is this teir, that means you'll be doing mastery > crit on almost every piece to attain this. Only exception is if you're using UVLS still.
    Other than that, gearing is fine.

On logs, Mind blast usage is pretty low, 4 min 23 second fight, allows for 27 normally. You had 26 DI procs and only got 23 off. I would expect to see this more around 40-45 when used on cooldown depending on luck. I'm seeing DI procs go unused for 6+ seconds on fights like sha of pride.

SWP/VT uptime is patchy/mediocre on some fights, abysmal on others. Looks like you're putting way too much priority on insanity. Despite doing double damage of flay its not worth enough to ever delay a Mind Blast or SW. Even dots are going to be worth more in some situations.

A few of the fights in your log there, Other talents are going to be better, Looks like you're pretty stationary when it comes to talent switching. ToF can be heavily abused on fights like Galakras, Nazgrim, Shamans and even Sha of Pride. Does that mean its going to be a night and day dps difference? no. But its something you may want to consider.

Item Level 559
    Expectations: Some Damage?
    Armory Link: Tidbitsy US-Thrall
    Warcraft Logs Link: none... yet

Apparently new posters may not be able to post links, so I’m Tidbitsy on US-Thrall. The gear is a bit of a mess, but it’s essentially what I have at the highest item level for each slot. My understanding is that the 2 pc pushes you to 1:1 crit:mastery. The current haste breakpoint I’m able to reach is the 14875ish one, and that’s what Ask Mr. Robot has indicated I should gear towards. I am a little wary about the recommendations to ditch some socket bonus to make the breakpoint, but perhaps that’s standard now?

So I returned to WoW late into MoP and have been mostly pugging as Disc trying to catch up in heroic progression, but the group I found most recently has asked me to main Shadow and off Disc for their heroic progression. I haven't touched shadow since Firelands, so it's taken me about a day to brush up on the rotations and set up all the weak auras nonsense, etc... The first couple of boss pulls were fairly discouraging, as I was pretty handily the lowest dps. So here I am asking a few particular questions to clarify rotation priorities, and set some realistic expectations for where my dps should be:

(Please stop me if I get something wrong)
    Dot snapshotting is still a thing. When I see my Int procs start rolling, I probably want to refresh my VT and SW:P, and then perhaps again at the end of the proc? Haste is also snapshot? I am currently treating the legendary proc the same way. Ditto for lust? I've read some conflicting information about when it's appropriate to refresh dots given no procs, or at least assuming you have a longer proc like immersus and you need to do things while it's rolling. I read somewhere that DP:3 -> insanity is essentially the bread and butter of our highest dps, and mind blast on cd is what gets us there. To that effect, people were recommending refreshing VT and SW:P ~6 to 8 seconds left preceding a DP:3 so that you can insanity without the dots falling off? Similarly, on some fights I'm running DI, should I interrupt insanity to cast MB procs?

Most of the posters here advocate for higher MB usage, and better dot uptime (when it's low). Ideally, you would never let dots drop off? Or are there some cases where you'd rather MB -> DP:3 -> insanity first. I guess the crux of my question is should I ever delay MB or DP:3 to refresh dots. Presently, I'm willing to delay CDs like shadowfiend and Halo, and will hold off on DP:3 to refresh dots, assuming (perhaps erroneously, given DI) MB will be on CD for the full duration and I’ll have time to get the DP:3 off and use it without delaying the next orb-generator. I assume I treat the first tap of SW like MB in these cases. SW:P while on the move, etc…

All that said, I find I'm getting around 160-175k self-buffed single target dummy damage. We did a few pulls on Malk last night and on the longer attempts I think I was sitting around 210-230k when we wiped. These are all perhaps rosy recollections of the best-cases where I managed not to trip over the priority. Either way, I had heard shadow was near the bottom of the single target totem pole and hoped to get a vague idea of where my gear might put me and to try and head off any rotation issues before they start to sink into muscle memory.
    P.S. – I know the intent of this thread is more for fixing shadow dps, but I actually prefer to push the limits of my disc dps where appropriate (different gear/gemming/etc…). Assuming I’m not having mana troubles, what yields the highest dps throughput: gemming pure int or crit, maintaining relevant socket bonuses? At the moment I am trying to stack crit and do around 120-130k best-case single target dps in roughly 555ish gear.
    P.P.S – thanks for slogging through my post if you made it this far! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidbit View Post
    Dot snapshotting is still a thing. When I see my Int procs start rolling, I probably want to refresh my VT and SW:P, and then perhaps again at the end of the proc? Haste is also snapshot? I am currently treating the legendary proc the same way. Ditto for lust? I've read some conflicting information about when it's appropriate to refresh dots given no procs, or at least assuming you have a longer proc like immersus and you need to do things while it's rolling. I read somewhere that DP:3 -> insanity is essentially the bread and butter of our highest dps, and mind blast on cd is what gets us there. To that effect, people were recommending refreshing VT and SW:P ~6 to 8 seconds left preceding a DP:3 so that you can insanity without the dots falling off? Similarly, on some fights I'm running DI, should I interrupt insanity to cast MB procs?
    Yes.

I guess the crux of my question is should I ever delay MB
    Never.

I had heard shadow was near the bottom of the single target totem pole
    Nope. It's below the totem pole.

P.S. – I know the intent of this thread is more for fixing shadow dps, but I actually prefer to push the limits of my disc dps where appropriate (different gear/gemming/etc…). Assuming I’m not having mana troubles, what yields the highest dps throughput: gemming pure int or crit, maintaining relevant socket bonuses? At the moment I am trying to stack crit and do around 120-130k best-case single target dps in roughly 555ish gear.
    Once you get to haste breakpoint, try to keep crit/mastery 1:1. If you're using the same gear for disc you can safely go crit heavy (after reaching haste breakpoint).

Item Level 559
    Expectations: Some Damage?
    Armory Link: Tidbitsy US-Thrall
    Warcraft Logs Link: none... yet

Apparently new posters may not be able to post links, so I’m Tidbitsy on US-Thrall. The gear is a bit of a mess, but it’s essentially what I have at the highest item level for each slot. My understanding is that the 2 pc pushes you to 1:1 crit:mastery. The current haste breakpoint I’m able to reach is the 14875ish one, and that’s what Ask Mr. Robot has indicated I should gear towards. I am a little wary about the recommendations to ditch some socket bonus to make the breakpoint, but perhaps that’s standard now?

So I returned to WoW late into MoP and have been mostly pugging as Disc trying to catch up in heroic progression, but the group I found most recently has asked me to main Shadow and off Disc for their heroic progression. I haven't touched shadow since Firelands, so it's taken me about a day to brush up on the rotations and set up all the weak auras nonsense, etc... The first couple of boss pulls were fairly discouraging, as I was pretty handily the lowest dps. So here I am asking a few particular questions to clarify rotation priorities, and set some realistic expectations for where my dps should be:

(Please stop me if I get something wrong)

Most of the posters here advocate for higher MB usage, and better dot uptime (when it's low). Ideally, you would never let dots drop off? Or are there some cases where you'd rather MB -> DP:3 -> insanity first. I guess the crux of my question is should I ever delay MB or DP:3 to refresh dots. Presently, I'm willing to delay CDs like shadowfiend and Halo, and will hold off on DP:3 to refresh dots, assuming (perhaps erroneously, given DI) MB will be on CD for the full duration and I’ll have time to get the DP:3 off and use it without delaying the next orb-generator. I assume I treat the first tap of SW like MB in these cases. SW:P while on the move, etc…

All that said, I find I'm getting around 160-175k self-buffed single target dummy damage. We did a few pulls on Malk last night and on the longer attempts I think I was sitting around 210-230k when we wiped. These are all perhaps rosy recollections of the best-cases where I managed not to trip over the priority. Either way, I had heard shadow was near the bottom of the single target totem pole and hoped to get a vague idea of where my gear might put me and to try and head off any rotation issues before they start to sink into muscle memory.
    P.P.S – thanks for slogging through my post if you made it this far! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    First of all: To get to the first haste breakpoint (14873) I think it is actually worth it to miss some gem bonuses..even the really high ones you've missed. With better itemization and more gear you'll get that fixed. What isn't worth it is going for the 18215cap while losing such gem bonuses.
    Also the 1:1 crit/mastery ratio is actually derived from the 4pc. Since the 2piece until you get to around hmmm i think it's 50-60% crit in a raid ( I did the math at some point but can't really remember atm ) counts as actual %crit and not %crit dmg. Think of it as, x% chance to deal 240dmg more or less equals to having x+y% chance to deal 200dmg. Since every 5 crits having 2set are as if you're getting an extra non-buffed crit. So actually the 2piece favors mastery abit more than crit, the difference is really small though so going for 1:1 crit/mastery is more or less fine all over the board. But since you're progressing you should aim for the 4piece anyway. Since it helps in pumping dmg in phases that it's needed or on adds that spawn etc. Just try to get your hands on better itemized gear. Though your tier pieces will help alot on that

Now, you never delay Mind Blast... ever... besides when you have 3 orbs where you DP and then Mind Blast. But you should also be careful of keeping the orbs long enough till Mind Blast CD is up. You can delay DP for a bit to get to a better position where you'll be able to turret for 6 seconds but use it before Mind Blast is off CD to avoid missing any extra MB seconds.

About refreshing DoTs... I tend not to refresh DoTs before DP if I see that the dots I can cast after DP are going to be more potent. So let's say if I have 4 seconds left on SW:P and 5 on VT , if at that point I get any procc that will exceed the amount of DP + Insanity + the next Mind Blast and another 2 GCDs for the 2 dots. I won't redot ... I'll lose like 2-3 seconds of DoT uptime but i'll also gain 2 GCDs and probably a better DP + Insanity setup since I won't have delayed DP at all and it will line up perfectly with MFI and MB (i'm playing at 18215 haste).

Yes SW is treated the same as Mind Blast. Also try sniping adds with it, that will greatly increase your orb generation. Since you gave malkorok as an example ( I'm guessing heroic ) you can generate atleast 1 extra orb + abit more ToF uptime ( if u're using ToF , which I think outscales DI on Malkorok ) per add spawn.

Now I can't really comment on the DPS numbers w/o having a WoL log but keep in mind that the longer the fight lasts...or well I should say the lower the boss is, the more DPS we have ( through ToF and SW ) ... Yes shadow is really low in single target DPS... If you trust noxxic, it's the lowest out of all classes. But either way you'll find yourself low in the meters ALOT in single target fights.... Now since we have no logs I took the liberty to sim you, your sim dummy DPS is around 175k and in patchwerk style fights it's around 246k. I took into account a 5-6minute fight since it's your first attempts I assume the kill will take that much, so it's not really valuable info till you kill him once and we know how long it took since the duration of a fight affects DPS alot. Best thing would be a WoL report though since I don't like relying on sim too much.

On some random tips:
    Try never using (for DPS) Halo when not in optimal distance , ofc use it for healing whenever it's needed but if u're gonna use it just for DPS then try and get to a perfect halo range first.
    Snipe anything you can find with SW, but make sure you'll get the snipe else it'll end up lowering your DPS , if the add dies to fast or something. A SW mouseover macro could help you with that.
    And I'm not sure how accustomed you are to shadow ( I saw you haven't played shadow since firelands but was it your mainspecc before firelands too?)but maybe an addon like Affdots priest can help you track your DoT potency. It's especially useful if you have a huge amount of proccs while you're casting MFI and you're not sure if you should clip MFI to redot ( which is the worst case scenario ) and a distance tracking addon for Halo (either HaloPro or anything that can indicate that you're 25yrds away from the boss ) will make your life much easier. I know they both made mine when I came back from a 3year break some time ago (even though I understand you were playing since then so you're probably more comfortable :P )
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-03-23 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    Item Level 576
    Expectations: A lot of more DPS!
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A1/advanced
    World of logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/deee64m0zirsoa0d/ WCL http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...62VLbgaPrM8h7x

Hello guys, this is my alt, and im doin a pug which does 11/14 HC x-realm. Im in dying need of KTT at the moment, since it feels that it will boost my DPS by a lot (but im not sure, since it's my alt only) Im trying to get hold onto Tier head, KTT and Sha staff (or mh+oh) if i get these 3 items it feels that my DPS will be boosted by a lot, but im still not sure!

Can you guys say anything about my gear right here and now? I know that im so high on hit at the moment, but there is nothing i can reforge away from, or replace gems to not lose the socket bonuses.

I am also not sure if i should go all out on crit, or all out on mastery, everyone says different. I've been trying both. I can reach 62.5% mastery raidbuffed with mastery reforges. But now i went to crit again, since it feels more optimal. I try to cheese as much as possible with ToF equipset. It feels that im doin something COMPLETLY wrong.

HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    Item Level 576
    Expectations: A lot of more DPS!
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A1/advanced
    World of logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/deee64m0zirsoa0d/ WCL http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...62VLbgaPrM8h7x

Hello guys, this is my alt, and im doin a pug which does 11/14 HC x-realm. Im in dying need of KTT at the moment, since it feels that it will boost my DPS by a lot (but im not sure, since it's my alt only) Im trying to get hold onto Tier head, KTT and Sha staff (or mh+oh) if i get these 3 items it feels that my DPS will be boosted by a lot, but im still not sure!

Can you guys say anything about my gear right here and now? I know that im so high on hit at the moment, but there is nothing i can reforge away from, or replace gems to not lose the socket bonuses.

I am also not sure if i should go all out on crit, or all out on mastery, everyone says different. I've been trying both. I can reach 62.5% mastery raidbuffed with mastery reforges. But now i went to crit again, since it feels more optimal. I try to cheese as much as possible with ToF equipset. It feels that im doin something COMPLETLY wrong.

HELP!
    First of all about gear. Even if you get the heroic KTT , If used correctly the WF BBoY is better than it. Though since this is your alt if you're not confident in your snapshotting skills then got for KTT.
    About stats: You should be going for mastery=crit. Having them balances pulls slightly ahead over stacking one of them.

Now checking the Malkorok kill only since I can really look at more right now:
    You had 27 Mind Blasts in a 5minute fight. 5minutes means a maximum of 31 Mind Blasts. Try and improve on this , though I know some of the malkorok mechanics can interfere with Mind Blasting alot. Damn adds...
    Your VT uptime is quite low, you should try having it the same as your SWP uptime, and both can be improved even more.
    To be quite honest with you it seems to me that your DoTs hit like wet noodles. Which leads me to think that you aren't trying to snapshot or that you're doing it completely wrong. Try improving on that...
    To beging working on it try downloading AffDots and AffDots priest which is a great and easy to use tool to help you on that. And then just practice multidoting on dummies,lfr,flex anything.

I might've missed something cause I'm really tired, I'll check your logs over tomorrow and if I find sth else i'll update this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Deleted
    Thanks Zoulis for the quick response! I am snap-shotting, but im not actually sure if it's actually working with the current setup i have done on the Affdots! Since im pretty new to it, i actually "re-apply" dots when i target the mob, it has the blue colour on it and sometimes when it has the green colour, but im not sure if it's right or wrong. Can you link you're profile, so i can download it. Because it seems mine aint working correctly.