Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah the graveyard zerging is completely ridiculous. They need to tone down the damage slightly, remove any ability to graveyard zerg, and also work out some way of there being more indication of an incoming ability.
    For example the Ranger mobs in the AC occasionally shoot spike traps at you. However the red ring of these appears and the spikes come out instantly, and immediately take off a huge chunk of health / take you down. There's no time to react or respond, it's stupid.

Also, does anyone have any idea of an aggro system and how it works if there is one?
    Honestly keeping the Lovers seperate whilst they have minds of their own and occasionally run across the room for no discernable reason is hard as balls, and not in a good way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thala View Post
    That's quite a statement understanding this was your guild
    That wasn't my guild. O_o

I'd heard they remade it or something under a new name, but by now they likely have a completely different roster.

I've done raiding with more than one character and more than one guild, though. Some pretty top notch players met through the Shaman community.

Besides, I don't see why mentioning my guild's progression really counters what I said before.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's simply inarguable that WoW raiding is not dependent on one individual's skill, but the collective skill of all people in the raid group.

And I simply find that WoW isn't difficult, on a personal, individual level. For me, the difficulty in WoW is finding a group that's not derp. And that's not what I consider a challenge, but an annoyance.
    Quite simply, I found WoW raid bosses easy. Ridiculously easy. It ain't my fault if other people in the raid can't handle the mechanics.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 07:45 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It's simply inarguable that WoW raiding is not dependent on one individual's skill, but the collective skill of all people in the raid group.

And I simply find that WoW isn't difficult, on a personal, individual level. For me, the difficulty in WoW is finding a group that's not derp. And that's not what I consider a challenge, but an annoyance.
    Well, I got to say I agree with that, to some extend. I have my share of raiding with derp people... It really brings the difficulty of raid bosses toa whole new level.

But the dependence of a group is just the nature of a MMO. I kind of got used to it ater 2 years of WoW. Prior, I hated even having to depend on someone in a video game... I even used to play Diablo 2 in a closed game, so no one could bother me.

I even say that having do depend on other people is one of the things that got me addicted to WoW. Of course, too much derpness of some people do change it from fun to annoying... But overall, now I prefer multiplayer than solo.

Deleted
    That wasn't my guild. O_o
    In that case I am sorry, I thought you posting several recruitment posts for this guild (was named Stasis) over the course of the addon means you were in some way affiliated with them. The argument is to give an idea about the value of your opinion I quoted, not you yourself quoted. It would be the same as me commenting on explorer mode difficulty after beating it, you know, months behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    Yeah the graveyard zerging is completely ridiculous. They need to tone down the damage slightly, remove any ability to graveyard zerg, and also work out some way of there being more indication of an incoming ability.
    For example the Ranger mobs in the AC occasionally shoot spike traps at you. However the red ring of these appears and the spikes come out instantly, and immediately take off a huge chunk of health / take you down. There's no time to react or respond, it's stupid.

Also, does anyone have any idea of an aggro system and how it works if there is one?
    Honestly keeping the Lovers seperate whilst they have minds of their own and occasionally run across the room for no discernable reason is hard as balls, and not in a good way.
    If the lover's got aggro on someone else then they were attacking because I had an elementalist offtank one of them on the other side of the room the whole fight.

My first run was a disaster, we were stuck at Lovers boss (partly thank to one got d/ced and never came back)

The 2nd try was much better. We were better prepared, with buffer, CC-er, dps and better understanding of instance mechanics. Downed Lovers without even trying to separate them - one "dedicated boulder thrower" keep throwing boulder at the man, knocking him off, effectively disabled him the whole fight. I guess it would be even better if we did it to the woman too, but there was no need. It was the most hilarious fight I ve ever had LOL.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2012-08-29 at 02:08 AM.

Back on topic now...

Way to reduce damage because there is no trinity
    1. Move out of aoes
    2. Kite hard hitting melee mobs
    3. Sidestep range attacks
    4. Apply your debuffs

Now what is the purpose of dodge? Is it intended to be used to specifically counter certain abilities that are nearly impossible or impossible to avoid normally? Or is it a get out of fail card that can be used when you slip up?

Either way, I suspect many players with less than optimal connections will not be able to get far in such a system. Difficulty here seems specific to trigger reaction time rather than general timing. In WOW very few things take faster than 2s and there is a trinity system to protect a certain level of mistakes and reduce reaction needed. Here we're looking at a very precise combat environment. With poor ping, damage avoidence is likely limited to debuffing as precise movement is impossible.

Yeah the graveyard zerging is completely ridiculous.
    If you don't want to graveyard zerg then learn to play better?

I serously don't get people. They complain about no PvE content and then when they do the PvE content thats anets "raids" they complain about it again.

Ima leave forums for awhile.....

Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    Back on topic now...

Way to reduce damage because there is no trinity
    1. Move out of aoes
    2. Kite hard hitting melee mobs
    3. Sidestep range attacks
    4. Apply your debuffs

Now what is the purpose of dodge? Is it intended to be used to specifically counter certain abilities that are nearly impossible or impossible to avoid normally? Or is it a get out of fail card that can be used when you slip up?

Either way, I suspect many players with less than optimal connections will not be able to get far in such a system. Difficulty here seems specific to trigger reaction time rather than general timing. In WOW very few things take faster than 2s and there is a trinity system to protect a certain level of mistakes and reduce reaction needed. Here we're looking at a very precise combat environment. With poor ping, damage avoidence is likely limited to debuffing as precise movement is impossible.
    Not too bad in PvE. I abuse that V button all the time (turn off double tapping to roll since it caused more trouble than benefits).

Only one thing to say: Good.

Frankly, no-debuff 25-man heroic is too freaking easy for me.
    lol is there no a post where u dont try put wow down? lets see ur world firsts then plz. also if gw2 is so amazing why do u make like 200 posts a day about it instead of actually play it?
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2012-08-29 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol is there no a post where u dont try put wow down? lets see ur world firsts then plz. also if gw2 is so amazing why do u make like 200 posts a day about it instead of actually play it?
    Even when I was playing WoW and fully addicted to it, I felt that it was ridiculously easy. It's called looking down at the people who can't handle it and being an elitist jerk. What finally made me leave WoW was people not being skilled enough. Got sick and tired of dealing with it.

The only "hard" thing in WoW is finding 24 people who aren't dumb, and actually understand how to follow a simple priority rotation. Nothing else is actually that difficult or complicated. Every mechanic I've encountered in Cata is just a rehash of older mechanics they've used before in TBC or in Wrath or even vanilla, in every single raid, using different graphics.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 02:53 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Hopefully they don't go the way of certain other developers and nerf everything when people whine that 'its hard'.
    The problem with how these dungeons are designed is that it's entirely too random in dealing with damage output. Since there's no threat meter and no logical order of attack you have people that simply get targeted by EVERYTHING in the room randomly and get blown up before they or anyone else can do anything about it. The lack of any type of lengthy CC or defensive abilities pretty much makes dungeon running in this game, feel like you're being griefed by the developers.

There's hard, and then there's "this is not only hard, but also at the point of being UNFAIR because I have no control over my own survivability thanks to not being able to control my threat towards the mob I hit plus the mob I didn't hit". Since there's no target of target, there are a lot of times you don't realize you're the point of interest until you're either at 1/2 life or dead trying to res.

The game as a whole is fantastic - but dungeons need major tuning to remove the completely stupid elements and make them challenging without forcing players to just suicide run 1 mob at a time until the pull is manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    The problem with how these dungeons are designed is that it's entirely too random in dealing with damage output. Since there's no threat meter and no logical order of attack you have people that simply get targeted by EVERYTHING in the room randomly and get blown up before they or anyone else can do anything about it. The lack of any type of lengthy CC or defensive abilities pretty much makes dungeon running in this game, feel like you're being griefed by the developers.

There's hard, and then there's "this is not only hard, but also at the point of being UNFAIR because I have no control over my own survivability thanks to not being able to control my threat towards the mob I hit plus the mob I didn't hit". Since there's no target of target, there are a lot of times you don't realize you're the point of interest until you're either at 1/2 life or dead trying to res.

The game as a whole is fantastic - but dungeons need major tuning to remove the completely stupid elements and make them challenging without forcing players to just suicide run 1 mob at a time until the pull is manageable.
    Ive not done any explorable modes yet, since my main playtime is on the weekend. I did, however, manage to get into normal AC with a pug and except for the 3 ranger pull before the ranger boss, it was laughably easy. We wiped twice, both on trash (once on that ranger pull and once because we all click different coffins at the beginning). We never wiped on any bosses. The last boss can be soloed by a ranged.

Just waiting for my guild to level up a bit more before we start moving into Explorable Modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly give it 2 weeks to a month before the dungeons get nerfed abit or some kind of Trinity is added, you know people are gunna complain either way.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-08-29 at 03:10 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post

There are no tanks in this game, so you aint likely be one shot by bosses abilities (unlike world events where it scales upwards depending on the number of player participating). Its unlike WoW where you can play without any defensive abilitie as a DPS, so stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    There are no tanks in this game, so you aint likely be one shot by bosses abilities (unlike world events where it scales upwards depending on the number of player participating). Its unlike WoW where you can play without any defensive abilitie as a DPS, so stop complaining.
    I got oneshot by two of the final boss in Story Mode AC's abilities at different points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got oneshot by two of the final boss in Story Mode AC's abilities at different points.
    Any one-shots they have should be highly telegraphed. If they're not... I'd personally consider it a bug and post a bug report about it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 03:29 AM.

Any one-shots they have should be highly telegraphed. If they're not... I'd personally consider it a bug and post a bug report about it.
    They were, but first time seeing the boss I didn't know them. One was his flames, I rolled out of it, was completely outside the circle, they still killed me. The second he throws his sword, but it looks a lot like his 'pull' move, so I didn't dodge, dropped me right down.

I dont have a problem with either of them, although the fire was a little annoying, I'm just replying to Kronpas saying 'you aint likely to be one shot by bosses abilities' which is untrue. They do have them, you have to be paying attention, even on Story Mode.

It should be avoidable. Like the last boss raises his sword everytime he does anything life-threatening, and the captain before the 15 ghosts event actually does 1s animation before throwing his shackle-of-death. That shackle was an issue for me since I'm playing a low HP elementalist from SEA region where my nation's biggest international underwater cable was severed a month ago but isnt reconnected yet, so my ping was always in the region of 450-500, couldnt do shit even if I know its coming.

Still I think twitch gameplay in a MMORPG is not right. I can manage playable ping in a 64 player BF3 server in Singapore, but not in a MMORPG game with servers across the ocean.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2012-08-29 at 03:52 AM.

Not looking forward to this with Australian ping. Also don't like how we'll not likely get our own servers because they want to have servers all in Austin for WvWvW reasons even though WvWvW is a lame zerg fest